Post#2 » by boomershadow » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:00 pm

Read on Twitter
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Re: Game 15: Orlando Magic (6-8) @ Indiana Pacers (8-6) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#3 » by Pacersike » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:25 am

Another lottery team, another win.

I'll take it all positively though, we are missing 2 Allstar caliber starters and starting 2 centers.

Very proud of this Pacers team.
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#4 » by 8305 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:04 pm

Interesting to see who was on the floor at the end of the game.
Holiday, Holiday, McDermott, Sabonis and Turner

My take, Nate wanted to show he was good with Sabonis and Turner on the floor together despite the brutal third quarter result when they played together. He then rolled with probably the two best perimeter defenders available (Holiday brothers). And McDermott? Guess he couldn't ignore the guy's +/-. Seems offenses just run better when at least one guys is excellent at moving without the ball while at the same time being an elite shooter.

Is this a one-off or a sign of things to come? Sounds like we will be getting Brogdan back Monday. Things could get interesting when it comes to minute distribution.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#5 » by boomershadow » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:34 pm

I've been critical of Nate this year, and I still stand by much of it, but times like these are really where McMillan shines. He is great at keeping the ship even keeled even when the team is decimated by injuries and getting a winning record from a team starting guys who weren't in the main rotation a year ago or guys who came from the G league.

So definite props to him for that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Jermainevent
Senior
And1: 152

Post#6 » by Jermainevent » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:24 pm

It's been a while since I've posted, but I got to say even without Brogdon our point guard play is lightyears ahead of what we had the past couple of seasons. McConnell has been nothing short of amazing in his role as a backup, possessing both great court vision and playmaking skills. Aaron Holiday started the season out really slow and I was starting to worry he was possibly a bust, but the last few games he's shown significant signs of improvement. That three at the end of the game, absolutely clutch.

Also been encouraged by McDermott's play all season, which we can contribute to the fact he is playing with guys who can actually get him in the ball at the right time in the right place.

Once Brogdon and Oladipo return, the depth we have is unlike I've seen in my 23+ seasons of watching Pacers basketball. There's little to no dropoff when we sub in our backup wings.

Also, Justin Holiday is a beast. Love everything he brings to the court.
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
― Hippocrates
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,713

Post#7 » by Pacers_Freak » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:40 pm

8305 wrote:Interesting to see who was on the floor at the end of the game.
Holiday, Holiday, McDermott, Sabonis and Turner

My take, Nate wanted to show he was good with Sabonis and Turner on the floor together despite the brutal third quarter result when they played together. He then rolled with probably the two best perimeter defenders available (Holiday brothers). And McDermott? Guess he couldn't ignore the guy's +/-. Seems offenses just run better when at least one guys is excellent at moving without the ball while at the same time being an elite shooter.

Is this a one-off or a sign of things to come? Sounds like we will be getting Brogdan back Monday. Things could get interesting when it comes to minute distribution.

I think it was just a going with who had played well that night lineup.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#8 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:50 pm

Jermainevent wrote:It's been a while since I've posted, but I got to say even without Brogdon our point guard play is lightyears ahead of what we had the past couple of seasons. McConnell has been nothing short of amazing in his role as a backup, possessing both great court vision and playmaking skills. Aaron Holiday started the season out really slow and I was starting to worry he was possibly a bust, but the last few games he's shown significant signs of improvement. That three at the end of the game, absolutely clutch.

Also been encouraged by McDermott's play all season, which we can contribute to the fact he is playing with guys who can actually get him in the ball at the right time in the right place.

Once Brogdon and Oladipo return, the depth we have is unlike I've seen in my 23+ seasons of watching Pacers basketball. There's little to no dropoff when we sub in our backup wings.

I really think the Justin Holiday addition has kind of provided some exponential returns in terms of how it's probably helped both Aaron and Justin play better than could've otherwise been expected, know what I mean?

Rumor was that we were working on some sort of Doug McDermott trade all summer and that was why the McConnell and Holiday signings were delayed so long. Apparently, we had essentially agreed with Holiday much earlier in free agency, but held off in terms of the mechanism of how we would sign him. I don't know any other specifics than just that broad statement that J. Michael from IndyStar has said or hinted at a couple times. I'm personally glad we have both, but could live with Doug being moved for a more natural fit at the 4 off the bench, but I'm certainly in no rush to move him.
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by 8305 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:20 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Jermainevent wrote:It's been a while since I've posted, but I got to say even without Brogdon our point guard play is lightyears ahead of what we had the past couple of seasons. McConnell has been nothing short of amazing in his role as a backup, possessing both great court vision and playmaking skills. Aaron Holiday started the season out really slow and I was starting to worry he was possibly a bust, but the last few games he's shown significant signs of improvement. That three at the end of the game, absolutely clutch.

I really think the Justin Holiday addition has kind of provided some exponential returns in terms of how it's probably helped both Aaron and Justin play better than could've otherwise been expected, know what I mean?

Rumor was that we were working on some sort of Doug McDermott trade all summer and that was why the McConnell and Holiday signings were delayed so long. Apparently, we had essentially agreed with Holiday much earlier in free agency, but held off in terms of the mechanism of how we would sign him. I don't know any other specifics than just that broad statement that J. Michael from IndyStar has said or hinted at a couple times. I'm personally glad we have both, but could live with Doug being moved for a more natural fit at the 4 off the bench, but I'm certainly in no rush to move him.

The way McDermott is shooting and the way others aren't I wonder how anxious they are to trade him now?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#10 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:36 pm

8305 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

The way McDermott is shooting and the way others aren't I wonder how anxious they are to trade him now?

Yeah, he's doing what we expected of him right now.

BUT......

If we could move him for someone with some size to play the 4 properly and the ability to shoot? I think we'd just play Holiday more at the 3 and have that person play the 4 more. Hypothetically, of course.
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by 8305 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:46 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
8305 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Yeah, he's doing what we expected of him right now.

BUT......

If we could move him for someone with some size to play the 4 properly and the ability to shoot? I think we'd just play Holiday more at the 3 and have that person play the 4 more. Hypothetically, of course.

yeah, I see the logic. Not sure McDermott is the guy I move for that mobile 4. There aren't that many guys in the league who are legit career 40% 3 point shooters. As constructed this team has a surplus of better than average athletes at the wing. Not all of them are proven shooters. I'm not sure what we have in Lamb and Warren. Maybe one or both are stars waiting to blossom on the right team. But, their history and what I've seen far is two iso scorers. Do two of this type player fit when you have both Brogdan and Oladipo? Moving one of those two would be a very un-Pacer thing to do but, the more I watch this team???

Return to Indiana Pacers