Ringer Article

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

granger05
Bench Warmer
And1: 469

Ringer Article 

Post#1 » by granger05 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:57 pm

LINK

Pretty fawning article for the current Pacers and their potential with a healthy Oladipo.

Their starters have been destroying teams when healthy, with a net rating of plus-16.7 in 152 minutes, which is tied for second most among all lineups this season that have played at least 150 minutes. All five are in the sweet spot of their careers (ranging from 23 to 27 years old)—they have been around long enough to be experienced, but not long enough to lose their athleticism.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Re: Ringer Article 

Post#2 » by boomershadow » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:49 am

I absolutely hope we can make some noise in the playoffs. There aren't a lot of points in that article that will be too newsworthy for Pacers fans that pay attention , but it's always great when the team gets some national media attention and when someone who follows basketball for a living points out some of the same things that Pacers fans see when they watch the team. And more basketball fans should know about it.

I think the narrative part of the basketball equation is pretty important, and the more people that talk about all the good things happening with the team and seeing the same potential that I see in the team, it just makes it all the better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,072

Post#3 » by Wizop » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:10 pm

Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#4 » by Dannyboy36 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:14 pm

Are you guys still cool with Turner? I’m a Celts fan ( not one of the “your city sucks”, “my city is great” type fans that are so prevalent here.
I was sooooo wrong in Sabonis. Wow. So with his emergence are you guys preferring to deal Turner for a player at other position or are you of the mindset they’ll figure it out especially with Oladipo coming back. ( oladipo spin move best move in nba!)
pacers70
Junior
And1: 69

Post#5 » by pacers70 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:36 pm

Dannyboy36 wrote:Are you guys still cool with Turner? I’m a Celts fan ( not one of the “your city sucks”, “my city is great” type fans that are so prevalent here.
I was sooooo wrong in Sabonis. Wow. So with his emergence are you guys preferring to deal Turner for a player at other position or are you of the mindset they’ll figure it out especially with Oladipo coming back. ( oladipo spin move best move in nba!)

Some Pacers fans want to move Turner for a legitimate PF. Some think Turner and Sabonis can figure it out and play well together.

I am with the latter. Turner can do a good job stretching the floor and is an elite rim protector. If I recall correctly, last year Turner and Sabonis played well together when 3 guards were on the floor with them. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brogdan, Oladipo and Aaron Holiday on the floor with them quite a bit. Probably not this year but in future years.

Of course the fans opinion doesn't mean anything, it's what the FO sees. In my opinion, the FO seems to think Sabonis and Turner can play together. So I don't see them moving Turner unless an unbelievable deal happens.
festar35
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#6 » by festar35 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:43 pm

I'm really intrigued & excited by a potential Aaron, Victor & Brogdon 3 guard line-up. Brogdon has shown more than enough potential as a defender against bigger wings, heck he is better against bigger wings than he is quick guards.
With Brogdon running the show as well Aaron just has to score the ball which he is very good at.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#7 » by Wizop » Wed Jan 1, 2020 3:19 am

I like Lamb, Warren, Sumner, and JHol too much to play a lot of 3 guard minutes but I'm sure not afraid to match down if someone tries that on us.

Sent from my phone.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#8 » by Wizop » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:18 pm

AussiePacer
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#9 » by AussiePacer » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:39 pm

This team has the depth and length to go deep.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#10 » by Topofthekey » Sat Feb 1, 2020 5:02 pm

Kyrie just reminded everyone how good he can be

You know, looking ahead, I think the team needs to make a move, if they want to contend

Next season, Nets is going to be a different beast when KD and Kyrie get to play together

A well coached and talented Celtics is going to be tough to beat as usual

Gianni is going to Giannis

That's 3 scary teams already

And that's assuming Heat, Raptors, and 76ers all stay put and don't take any steps forward

It might be tough to even get home court advantage in the first round next season

Return to Indiana Pacers