Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Jan 8, 2020 8:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Re: Game 38: Indiana Pacers (23-14) vs. Miami Heat (26-10) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Wizop » Thu Jan 9, 2020 2:27 am

One of those nights. Oh, well.

I'm starting to think if we can't get to 3rd, 6th is better than 4 or 5.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,933

Post#3 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Jan 9, 2020 2:38 am

OMG we suck!

I give an award to the other teams scrub G-League player who burns the Pacers called the G-League Scrub of the night. Seems like there is one of them every night who averages 2.3 pts a game comes in a gets 20 on us. Tonight the Heat had 3-4 of those guys. This is getting unwatchable. I don't want to scrap the team or have a fire sale but we need Brogdon to be healthy and play and for the love of God we need Victor.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#4 » by Pacersike » Thu Jan 9, 2020 10:47 am

It's a totally different game with Vic and/or The General healthy.

We need at least 2 of our big 3 healthy to compete with the better teams.

Sabonis deserves the Allstar spot for the Pacers :nod:
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#5 » by Tom White » Thu Jan 9, 2020 2:08 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:I don't want to scrap the team or have a fire sale but we need Brogdon to be healthy and play and for the love of God we need Victor.

Yes, it will be good to have Oladipo back, but also....

The offense runs SO much better with Brogdon and even McConnell than it does when A. Holiday is trying to run it. I am totally over Holiday and have been for a while. When Brogdon returns as the starter I want to see the back-up minutes go to TJM and Holiday can just sit and gather dust.

Matter of fact, I would be offering teams a UCLA package at the trade deadline. Holiday and Leaf for ..........?
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#6 » by Wizop » Thu Jan 9, 2020 2:21 pm

Tom White wrote:The offense runs SO much better with Brogdon and even McConnell than it does when A. Holiday is trying to run it. I am totally over Holiday and have been for a while. When Brogdon returns as the starter I want to see the back-up minutes go to TJM and Holiday can just sit and gather dust.

Matter of fact, I would be offering teams a UCLA package at the trade deadline. Holiday and Leaf for ..........?

I'd do that trade too, but Aaron has played pretty well as a two guard in small ball lineups. as a point guard, not so much. over the years though, I've seen numerous point guards take several years to learn to play the position at an NBA level. I'm willing to be patient even though I don't see him playing ahead of TJM when Brogdon is healthy. he might not even play ahead of Sumner.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,933

Post#7 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Jan 9, 2020 2:55 pm

Wizop wrote:
Tom White wrote:The offense runs SO much better with Brogdon and even McConnell than it does when A. Holiday is trying to run it. I am totally over Holiday and have been for a while. When Brogdon returns as the starter I want to see the back-up minutes go to TJM and Holiday can just sit and gather dust.

I'd do that trade too, but Aaron has played pretty well as a two guard in small ball lineups. as a point guard, not so much. over the years though, I've seen numerous point guards take several years to learn to play the position at an NBA level. I'm willing to be patient even though I don't see him playing ahead of TJM when Brogdon is healthy. he might not even play ahead of Sumner.

I like Aaron holiday, but I tend to agree if brogdon can stay healthy Aaron is 3rd string on this team and sumner being bigger seems to have a higher potential.

Question would be who can we get and what team has a PF they could give up?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#8 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jan 9, 2020 2:56 pm

Wizop wrote:

I’ve come around to like Aaron a lot this year, but he’s not a PG. He’s a scoring combo guard, not a SG really either. Think Jamal Crawford. I like Aaron a lot next to either Brogdon or McConnell, but not as the sole PG on the court on his own. I think he can bring a lot to the court for us long term in that role. But only after I gave up on hoping for him to be a PG.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#9 » by Pacersike » Thu Jan 9, 2020 7:48 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:

I’ve come around to like Aaron a lot this year, but he’s not a PG. He’s a scoring combo guard, not a SG really either. Think Jamal Crawford. I like Aaron a lot next to either Brogdon or McConnell, but not as the sole PG on the court on his own. I think he can bring a lot to the court for us long term in that role. But only after I gave up on hoping for him to be a PG.

I'm not much into comparing players, but this time I also had Jamal Crawford in my mind.

He's going to win us some games and probably loose as many games for us, but players like Aaron excel in creating offense

for themselves :D

But few can do it so good, so he is like a very dangerous weapon that can also explode while launching it.

As mixed as the results can be, fans also like/dislike them with very mixed feelings. I like to keep him and keep him in check in the playoffs :)
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#10 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jan 9, 2020 8:17 pm

Pacersike wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:

I'm not much into comparing players, but this time I also had Jamal Crawford in my mind.

Yeah, it's not meant to compare the two and say that Aaron is or will be Jamal Crawford. Just more that that kind of undersized guard that isn't quite a PG, isn't quite a SG, but can score and create some opportunities out of his scoring ability.

Pacersike wrote:He's going to win us some games and probably loose as many games for us, but players like Aaron excel in creating offense

for themselves :D

But few can do it so good, so he is like a very dangerous weapon that can also explode while launching it.

As mixed as the results can be, fans also like/dislike them with very mixed feelings. I like to keep him and keep him in check in the playoffs :)

I used to think this, but watching him this season, and especially the play with his brother, and I've come around. Aaron's really best, yes when he's scoring, using his scoring ability to create opportunities for others. His ability to get to the lane quickly draws traps and collapses the D to where he'll get assists to the corner shooters all night long, or help create a hockey style assist where the next pass is what is the easy score. I really did not like Aaron at the beginning of the season, but he's come along well. It really seems that practicing and playing with his brother may have really accelerated his development. He really is a perfect fit next to McConnell in that TJ's offense is really just enough to keep a defense honest and he's more of a distributor/dribbler.

Return to Indiana Pacers