Read on Twitter
?s=20
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,232

Re: Jeremy Lamb out for rest of season 

Post#3 » by boomershadow » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:46 pm

Yeah, it didnt look good. Sucks for the guy for sure.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,579

Post#4 » by pacers33granger » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:09 pm

This season may have gone south real quick. Was always going to be a bridge season anyways, but man it's been brutal lately.

I suppose this means more minutes for Aaron, which I'm torn on. He's earned minutes, but I would like Sumner here better. We seem to have an issue with too many guys who are in attack mode and not enough actual role players. Maybe it would be better if we had a better system, but it seems we need someone to just stand in the corner and hit a shot. Seems to work pretty well when we have Justin Holiday doing that.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Post#5 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:26 pm

pacers33granger wrote:This season may have gone south real quick. Was always going to be a bridge season anyways, but man it's been brutal lately.

I suppose this means more minutes for Aaron, which I'm torn on. He's earned minutes, but I would like Sumner here better. We seem to have an issue with too many guys who are in attack mode and not enough actual role players. Maybe it would be better if we had a better system, but it seems we need someone to just stand in the corner and hit a shot. Seems to work pretty well when we have Justin Holiday doing that.

I really liked Aaron with a steady, but fiery, hand like McConnell. I thought they played well together. And he's hit over 40% from 3 this year, including 43% on corner 3's. Use Sumner based on situations instead of Aaron? :dontknow:

At the least, I think we'll have a much better idea of what we project in Aaron by this summer after this injury really solidifies his playing time.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#6 » by pacers33granger » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:32 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:This season may have gone south real quick. Was always going to be a bridge season anyways, but man it's been brutal lately.

I really liked Aaron with a steady, but fiery, hand like McConnell. I thought they played well together. And he's hit over 40% from 3 this year, including 43% on corner 3's. Use Sumner based on situations instead of Aaron? :dontknow:

At the least, I think we'll have a much better idea of what we project in Aaron by this summer after this injury really solidifies his playing time.

Yeah it's tough for me because I really liked how Aaron had progressed, especially since that awful first game. But it's either his sporadic playing time or a too many cooks in the kitchen situation. Every single one of our starters are more score first, then off the bench it was Lamb, Doug, and Justin who are also all looking to score. Really only McConnell is a rotation player whose job isn't necessarily to score, but he's been best when aggressive.

There are a lot of issues creeping up and certainly some of it is the coaching staff's offense (or lack of). But I think we'd benefit more from a guy whose there to do something much more basic, which isn't Aaron's game at all. We actually had some good play with Jakarr in the lineup just because he's a garbage guy and no one has to worry about getting him touches.

Ultimately it's really tough with Aaron. If he' reaches his ceiling, then we're looking at a situation with a guy who should be starting but is behind Brogdon and doing spot starts all season long due to injuries without getting a consistent shot. If he's not, then we're looking at just another solid scoring bench guard, which is fine, but a bit of a disappointment nonetheless.

A lot of questions should be answered during the stretch run. I'm unfortunately less convinced that this is our core going forward at this point though and was leaning that way before last night.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:35 pm

pacers33granger wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Yeah it's tough for me because I really liked how Aaron had progressed, especially since that awful first game. But it's either his sporadic playing time or a too many cooks in the kitchen situation. Every single one of our starters are more score first, then off the bench it was Lamb, Doug, and Justin who are also all looking to score. Really only McConnell is a rotation player whose job isn't necessarily to score, but he's been best when aggressive.

There are a lot of issues creeping up and certainly some of it is the coaching staff's offense (or lack of). But I think we'd benefit more from a guy whose there to do something much more basic, which isn't Aaron's game at all. We actually had some good play with Jakarr in the lineup just because he's a garbage guy and no one has to worry about getting him touches.

Ultimately it's really tough with Aaron. If he' reaches his ceiling, then we're looking at a situation with a guy who should be starting but is behind Brogdon and doing spot starts all season long due to injuries without getting a consistent shot. If he's not, then we're looking at just another solid scoring bench guard, which is fine, but a bit of a disappointment nonetheless.

A lot of questions should be answered during the stretch run. I'm unfortunately less convinced that this is our core going forward at this point though and was leaning that way before last night.

Could be pretty positive for us if Aaron plays his value up, Sumner proves to be ready to also be a reliable backup night in and night out, and we could look to move Aaron for value while still having Sumner to hold the spot down until Lamb returns? Lot of ifs and assumptions in that statement, though.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#8 » by pacers33granger » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:54 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Could be pretty positive for us if Aaron plays his value up, Sumner proves to be ready to also be a reliable backup night in and night out, and we could look to move Aaron for value while still having Sumner to hold the spot down until Lamb returns? Lot of ifs and assumptions in that statement, though.

Very true. Perhaps this could all be a blessing in disguise, much like the nagging injuries to Danny (albeit to a much lesser extent) that gave PG and Lance opportunities.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Post#9 » by Wizop » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:50 pm

I was really wanting to try and swap Lamb for a true backup 4 this summer but it sounds like he could be out well into next season.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#10 » by will » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:09 am

Oye.

Hate to see injuries, let alone something of this nature.

Get well soon, JLamb!
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#11 » by Topofthekey » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:31 am

Wow this is terrible. I like how he was one of the guys on the team who played with a lot of hustle, so this is terrible
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#12 » by Jake0890 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:22 am

Anyone thinking we give Lance a call? He’s making a push to get back in the league after a pretty good year in China.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Post#13 » by Wizop » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:25 am

I'd expect us to call up a 2 way.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:25 am

Jake0890 wrote:Anyone thinking we give Lance a call? He’s making a push to get back in the league after a pretty good year in China.

I think we lean on Holiday and Sumner instead. With the injury, we don’t get a roster spot cleared to sign a Lance. I guess we could waive Leaf, but I think we’d try and trade his guaranteed contract in the summer rather than eat next years salary too.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:26 am

Wizop wrote:I'd expect us to call up a 2 way.

Sent from my phone.

Or this. I could see us staggering NML and Bowen’s call ups to balance their remaining days of service available.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:27 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#17 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:15 pm

Jake0890 wrote:Anyone thinking we give Lance a call? He’s making a push to get back in the league after a pretty good year in China.

Nope.
Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,206

Post#18 » by Hoop Hunter » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:18 pm

I would guess Lamb has played his last game as a Pacer. Hate that he got injured, hate it for him. He'll most likely miss the entire next season. If his 3 year is a team option, not sure.

Although the team may be better with Aaron getting more playing time. Also IMO Justin is a better player, for what we need, than Lamb. Justin a better 3pt shooter and defender. Lamb is a better ball handler, but we don't need that.

Hope we get the new rotations to gel and do it fast. It's almost like we are back in training camp. I still like the potential of this team. We are just not going to move up to the 4th spot like I thought we could earlier.

A lot of season left, we'll see. As long as we give somebody a good scare in the playoffs I'll be good with this season. Injuries have been worse than normal. This season has always been a trail run, getting ready for next season, IMO.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:42 pm

Hoop Hunter wrote:I would guess Lamb has played his last game as a Pacer. Hate that he got injured, hate it for him. He'll most likely miss the entire next season.
Initial projections are that he'll miss around 11 months. Apparently, the meniscus usually happens with the ACL and usually provides a cleaner and easier to repair ligament with a slightly quicker rehab. The fracture will likely heal concurrently with the other injuries.

Hoop Hunter wrote: If his 3 year is a team option, not sure.

Nope. No options. Fully guaranteed. Flat $10.5m per year.

Hoop Hunter wrote:Although the team may be better with Aaron getting more playing time. Also IMO Justin is a better player, for what we need, than Lamb. Justin a better 3pt shooter and defender. Lamb is a better ball handler, but we don't need that.

I agree that Justin has been an absolutely great addition this year. Maybe better than Lamb. Certainly on par overall. However, Justin is a free agent, and this is a depressed free agency in terms of possible free agents. I certainly could see him receive some offers up to the full MLE from some competitors. He'd be a great fit in any major playoff team. No guarantee he'll be back.

Hoop Hunter wrote:Hope we get the new rotations to gel and do it fast. It's almost like we are back in training camp. I still like the potential of this team. We are just not going to move up to the 4th spot like I thought we could earlier.
The good news is that this is pretty much the same bench we ran the season with until Oladipo came back, so it should slide right back together. I would bet Nate will keep it together and have Sumner jump up to the starting spot on nights that Oladipo sits out for back to back rest.

Hoop Hunter wrote:A lot of season left, we'll see. As long as we give somebody a good scare in the playoffs I'll be good with this season. Injuries have been worse than normal. This season has always been a trail run, getting ready for next season, IMO.

A fricken-men! Seems like we're due for a solid run of good health news, right?!? And, this was always supposed to be the bridge year, anyway.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,232

Post#20 » by boomershadow » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:41 pm

I'm never against this. Not ever

Return to Indiana Pacers