Image

The Return of Lance....again?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, boomershadow, Jake0890

User avatar
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 5,887
And1: 763
Joined: Jul 12, 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
   

Re: The Return of Lance....again? 

Post#21 » by Jake0890 » Mon Mar 9, 2020 1:45 pm

I think this move is probably a good one going into the playoffs as I said when I brought Lance up in the Lamb thread. My one concern is taking away too many minutes from Sumner who might finally be hitting his stride.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 27,833
And1: 3,748
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: The Return of Lance....again? 

Post#22 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Mar 9, 2020 2:17 pm

Jake0890 wrote:I think this move is probably a good one going into the playoffs as I said when I brought Lance up in the Lamb thread. My one concern is taking away too many minutes from Sumner who might finally be hitting his stride.



Curious as to what you see as the upside? If he plays, that means we’re not playing Sumner. What do you picture his role or spot in the rotation to be?
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 10,461
And1: 1,668
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: The Return of Lance....again? 

Post#23 » by Wizop » Mon Mar 9, 2020 2:32 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Curious as to what you see as the upside? If he plays, that means we’re not playing Sumner. What do you picture his role or spot in the rotation to be?


I'm not for this move but I see two possible advantages: 1) it is injury protection for Sumner. 2) he has more playoff experience than Sumner or AHoliday.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 27,833
And1: 3,748
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: The Return of Lance....again? 

Post#24 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:32 pm

Looks like this could get ugly. Lance’s league is summoning him and all American players to return and finish out their contract. All players will also be required to serve a mandatory 14 day quarantine upon their return.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 10,461
And1: 1,668
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: The Return of Lance....again? 

Post#25 » by Wizop » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:10 am

No hurry now. Season suspended.

Sent from my phone.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 5,144
And1: 167
Joined: May 27, 2007
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: The Return of Lance....again? 

Post#26 » by Grang33r » Sun Jun 7, 2020 12:07 am

Wizop wrote:No hurry now. Season suspended.

Sent from my phone.


Whats the latest now?
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 27,833
And1: 3,748
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: The Return of Lance....again? 

Post#27 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Jun 7, 2020 2:37 am

Grang33r wrote:
Wizop wrote:No hurry now. Season suspended.

Sent from my phone.


Whats the latest now?


CBA is still hoping to finish their season, and Lance is in China I believe.

Otherwise, we’re healthy now, except for Lamb. And, with the GLeague season now cancelled we can play NML and Bowen as much as we want in the lead up to the playoffs.
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 10,461
And1: 1,668
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: The Return of Lance....again? 

Post#28 » by Wizop » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:23 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:with the GLeague season now cancelled we can play NML and Bowen as much as we want in the lead up to the playoffs.


there are rumors that the plan loosens the rules on 2-ways. perhaps we'll just have a 17 man roster for the playoffs.
User avatar
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 5,887
And1: 763
Joined: Jul 12, 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
   

Re: The Return of Lance....again? 

Post#29 » by Jake0890 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:54 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Grang33r wrote:
Wizop wrote:No hurry now. Season suspended.

Sent from my phone.


Whats the latest now?


CBA is still hoping to finish their season, and Lance is in China I believe.

Otherwise, we’re healthy now, except for Lamb. And, with the GLeague season now cancelled we can play NML and Bowen as much as we want in the lead up to the playoffs.


I believe I read that any player who was signed overseas would be ineligible to play as a replacement player in the new Orlando format. AKA guys like Lance, Bogut, etc wouldn't be allowed to return to the NBA this year.

Return to Indiana Pacers