Oladipo to sit out NBA return....or not?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,053

Re: Oladipo to sit out NBA return....or not? 

Post#41 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 824

Post#42 » by Pacersike » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:41 pm

Another injury basically made it inevitable for Oladipo to play. Can you imagine him being healthy enough to play but sit out while others want to play but have real injuries?

I wish this would come as bigger surprises, but Brogdon and Goga, we were able to get them because they carry some health question marks with them. Goga injury real bummer now with Domas out and facing Embiid and the Sixers.

I guess the silver lining is that all these injuries (and recovering from injury) better fall all together in one year than missing a key player every year in the next seasons.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#43 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:20 pm

Pacersike wrote:Another injury basically made it inevitable for Oladipo to play. Can you imagine him being healthy enough to play but sit out while others want to play but have real injuries?

I wish this would come as bigger surprises, but Brogdon and Goga, we were able to get them because they carry some health question marks with them. Goga injury real bummer now with Domas out and facing Embiid and the Sixers.

I guess the silver lining is that all these injuries (and recovering from injury) better fall all together in one year than missing a key player every year in the next seasons.

Brogdon, yes. But Goga was healthy at the draft and no health concerns from Euro ball.

As for Brogdon’s injury forcing Oladipo to play, I disagree. It’s almost enough on top of Sabonis, Lamb, and Goga to give him a pretty easy out for Oladipo.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 824

Post#44 » by Pacersike » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:42 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacersike wrote:Another injury basically made it inevitable for Oladipo to play. Can you imagine him being healthy enough to play but sit out while others want to play but have real injuries?

Brogdon, yes. But Goga was healthy at the draft and no health concerns from Euro ball.

As for Brogdon’s injury forcing Oladipo to play, I disagree. It’s almost enough on top of Sabonis, Lamb, and Goga to give him a pretty easy out for Oladipo.

True, but it's Kevin Pritchard, so indirectly we have to have some health question marks when players "drop" to us.

Pacers never tank. With Oladipo, there will be a battle. Without him and without Malcolm/Domas, we could have better given another team a chance to cuddle minny mouse.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:25 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Return to Indiana Pacers