T.J. Leaf ● Indiana Pacers ● 2019-20 Best Plays & Highlights

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Draft2020
Freshman
And1: 53

T.J. Leaf ● Indiana Pacers ● 2019-20 Best Plays & Highlights 

Post#1 » by Draft2020 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:15 am

should we keep him for another season?
there are a lot of rumours in Israel that the Eurolaegue team Maccabi Tel Aviv want to sign him (Israeli Nationtality...)

Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Re: T.J. Leaf ● Indiana Pacers ● 2019-20 Best Plays & Highlights 

Post#2 » by Topofthekey » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:55 am

I think he just needs to play for a coach who can utilize his strengths, Pacers just don't seem to be a good place for him

Even Doug was like an invisible man on court when he first joined the team

Who knows, with Domas and Goga out with injuries, let's just hope that Nate gives Leaf a chance, maybe he still can prove everyone wrong
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#3 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:10 pm

I think, unless Sampson's back is acting up, we're unlikely to see the team lean on Leaf in any meaningful way. Even when Myles, Goga, and Domas were out, Sampson got the start along with Alize ahead of Leaf. And in his short playing time, he was blocked twice, as he's lost loft on his shot, airballed an overzealous dunk attempt, and was pretty terrible defensively.

I was one of his biggest defenders at the end of last season, but man. He's lost ability these last couple years. It's probably not 100% his fault, as it's tough to develop when you're thrown in different situations and needs, and asked to alter your game a ton. But, if we're reading reports closely, it appears he's unlikely to return to the team next season. If he'd take a buyout to play in Israel, that would save a good amount of money for the Pacers, allowing us more flexibility to afford to re-sign someone like Justin Holiday.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#4 » by Topofthekey » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:20 am

That sounds terrible. How does one even airball a dunk

But yea, his time on the team appears to be coming to an end quite soon
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,299

Post#5 » by boomershadow » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:53 am

I don't know what to say about his regression. He has showed some flashes of legit NBA offensive ability, but basically at a time when you would expect to see a draft pick take a step forward he has gone backwards big time. He actually looked much better as a rookie than he did last time I watched him on the court.

I think major playing time with the Mad Ants would have gone him good. Rumor I heard was that Leaf himself didn't want to do that, and if that's true then there is no way he comes back next year. That is not dedication.

I don't even really see a reason to keep him around this year unless they plan to use him as trade filler in the offseason.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#6 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:57 pm

boomershadow wrote:I don't know what to say about his regression. He has showed some flashes of legit NBA offensive ability, but basically at a time when you would expect to see a draft pick take a step forward he has gone backwards big time. He actually looked much better as a rookie than he did last time I watched him on the court.

I think major playing time with the Mad Ants would have gone him good. Rumor I heard was that Leaf himself didn't want to do that, and if that's true then there is no way he comes back next year. That is not dedication.

I don't even really see a reason to keep him around this year unless they plan to use him as trade filler in the offseason.

For this year? No reason not to keep him around. We can’t replace him with a signing if we waive him and we need the body with Sabonis/Goga out, In case of foul troubles or an ankle injury.

But for next season? Yeah. I doubt he’ll be back.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#7 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:24 pm

Leaf is an over paid towel boy.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#8 » by chrbal » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:17 am

I feel like he’s better suited playing overseas.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#9 » by Pacersike » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:26 pm

Bulking up made him extra slow it seems.

I was also still optimistic about his chances if given real chances, but he didn't look good at all in those scrimmages.

Correction, he is a good looking guy, but I ment good at NBA BB.

Return to Indiana Pacers