Saturday, August 8, 2020
6:00 PM ET
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,196

Re: Game thread - Game 5: Lakers vs. Pacers 

Post#2 » by boomershadow » Sun Aug 9, 2020 12:30 am

The thing I watching had the Lakers broadcasters instead of the Pacers broadcasters, and at the end they were like, "TJ Warren! Who is this guy?"

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 823

Post#3 » by Pacersike » Sun Aug 9, 2020 1:05 am

boomershadow wrote:The thing I watching had the Lakers broadcasters instead of the Pacers broadcasters, and at the end they were like, "TJ Warren! Who is this guy?"

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Clutchness (apparently is'nt a word :P ) with a crowd is a different animal, but still very impressive. :D

Kudos to our health staff as well, for keeping/getting Warren, Malcolm, Doug, Goga healthy.
Pacercoltboiler
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#4 » by Pacercoltboiler » Sun Aug 9, 2020 1:33 pm

I love me some Goga. He and Holiday are both draft gold. It is great to have Goga and McConnell come off the bench. With McConnell, Warren, Goga, Brogden, and Holiday, with Oladipo getting healthy, we are a nasty little team. Go get em boys.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#5 » by boomershadow » Sun Aug 9, 2020 9:01 pm

Pacercoltboiler wrote:I love me some Goga. He and Holiday are both draft gold. It is great to have Goga and McConnell come off the bench. With McConnell, Warren, Goga, Brogden, and Holiday, with Oladipo getting healthy, we are a nasty little team. Go get em boys.

I was watching the highlights and saw a block by Goga on Lebron James that I missed when it was live.

I was like, dang, Goga ain't afraid to challenge a drive to the hoop by Lebron. That's an encouraging sign.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#6 » by boomershadow » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:31 am

T.J. Warren was huge in the clutch, but so was Aaron Holiday

Though the four-time MVP had only sparsely attacked Aaron Holiday on defense through the game’s first three quarters, he sought out the smaller guard with haste during winning time. Down one with under two minutes to play, LeBron motioned for Quinn Cook to come set a screen, only for Aaron to jump out to the ball and recover to his own assignment. With Malcolm Brogdon providing a gap for him to run back to his man with high hands after defending against the screen, the second-year guard then muddied the waters on the drive by hopping toward the nail.

Admittedly, LeBron probably wasn’t quite as aggressive in some of those moments as he could have been, or perhaps would be in a game of greater consequence, but Aaron, by avoiding unforced switches and slowing his momentum, still played a critical role in disrupting the point forward’s rhythm — which was the only source of offense the Lakers could reliably count on (aside from Cook’s shooting) — at the same time as Warren was conducting his own symphony at the other end of the floor.

On a night when the Pacers attempted 16 fewer shots than the Lakers, surrendering 15 offensive rebounds and coughing up 20 turnovers, it’s probably fair to question the sustainability of shooting 52-45-92 as a team against more consistently engaged defenses and exaggerated game-plans; and yet, with every answered defensive quibble, lights out performance from Warren, and flash from Oladipo, they just keep providing more reasons to believe in their belief.

https://www.indycornrows.com/2020/8/9/21360410/t-j-warren-was-huge-in-the-clutch-but-so-was-aaron-holiday
C. Cooper

Return to Indiana Pacers