Image

NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0)

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

User avatar
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 5,925
And1: 779
Joined: Jul 12, 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
   

NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#1 » by Jake0890 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:53 pm

A little late on this one, sorry.

Bam Adebayo is in early foul trouble which is humongous. Our defense is leading to transition offense. Justin Holiday playing elite defense.

Discuss!
User avatar
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 3,834
And1: 3,850
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
Location: Naptown
   

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#2 » by boomershadow » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:06 pm

Ugh it's on so early.
Dave Joerger for Coach of the Pacers
User avatar
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 5,925
And1: 779
Joined: Jul 12, 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
   

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#3 » by Jake0890 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:26 pm

Allowing this many offensive rebounds is simply unacceptable. 0-2 here we come.
User avatar
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
Posts: 14,308
And1: 33,851
Joined: May 30, 2014
Location: Right here. Right now.
Contact:
   

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#4 » by gom » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:52 pm

Mad respect for the Pacers and their fans. You are playing without one of your best players and with a Victor Oladipo who isn't 100%. You are still tough as nails. This is a great series.
#BlackLivesMatter

Image
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^^^^
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 28,676
And1: 4,162
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#5 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:53 pm

Robinson and Dragic killed us with their shooting. Butler and Bam with their toughness.

Sabonis out is just killing us.
Pacernation
Sophomore
Posts: 113
And1: 136
Joined: Nov 15, 2013
   

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#6 » by Pacernation » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:07 pm

Fire Nate today. Thx in advance..
Topofthekey
Rookie
Posts: 1,163
And1: 400
Joined: Nov 18, 2017

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#7 » by Topofthekey » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:11 pm

Pacers defense prevented it from being a blowout loss

Image

But the offense is just putrid

Vic and Brogdon were a combined 9-28

This is not surprising if you saw how they played

Vic was doing his best Bogie impression: attack the basket with misguided zeal, get punished and swarmed by defenders, turn the ball over, hope (in vain) to be bailed out by the refs

At least he wasn't doing the Bogie "Aaiihhh!" sound
User avatar
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
Posts: 14,308
And1: 33,851
Joined: May 30, 2014
Location: Right here. Right now.
Contact:
   

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#8 » by gom » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:43 pm

Missing Sabonis is fatal but this isn't done, not by a lot.

Spoiler:
Let's go HEAT! :-)
#BlackLivesMatter

Image
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^^^^
Vorda
Senior
Posts: 631
And1: 116
Joined: Oct 02, 2017
       

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#9 » by Vorda » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:04 am

Topofthekey wrote:Pacers defense prevented it from being a blowout loss

Image

But the offense is just putrid

Vic and Brogdon were a combined 9-28

This is not surprising if you saw how they played

Vic was doing his best Bogie impression: attack the basket with misguided zeal, get punished and swarmed by defenders, turn the ball over, hope (in vain) to be bailed out by the refs

At least he wasn't doing the Bogie "Aaiihhh!" sound


Vic plays with Brogdon and Warren… Bogie played with the worst PG in League and with broken Wes Mathews… big different
Vorda
Senior
Posts: 631
And1: 116
Joined: Oct 02, 2017
       

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#10 » by Vorda » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:06 am

Nate had to be fired last year after we have been swept by the Celtics… Now he is showing again that he cant run the PO game... sorry, but we need someone better
User avatar
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 3,834
And1: 3,850
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
Location: Naptown
   

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#11 » by boomershadow » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:16 pm

Vorda wrote:Nate had to be fired last year after we have been swept by the Celtics… Now he is showing again that he cant run the PO game... sorry, but we need someone better


For once, we are in complete agreement. :o
Dave Joerger for Coach of the Pacers
User avatar
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 5,925
And1: 779
Joined: Jul 12, 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
   

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#12 » by Jake0890 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:21 pm

The only time our offense looked good was when we created turnovers to lead to transition buckets. Half-court offense is somewhere between non-existent and extremely awkward.

Quite frankly, this team isn't good enough to beat the Heat. Despite the fact that I think we have more overall talent on the roster, they are simply better coached, better prepared, shoot the ball better, and get to the free-throw line better than we do.

Every basket in this series is hard-fought and they simply are able to create those buckets more often and more efficiently than we are.
Pacers_Freak
Starter
Posts: 2,484
And1: 2,250
Joined: Oct 06, 2016
   

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#13 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:06 pm

Vorda wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:Pacers defense prevented it from being a blowout loss

Image

But the offense is just putrid

Vic and Brogdon were a combined 9-28

This is not surprising if you saw how they played

Vic was doing his best Bogie impression: attack the basket with misguided zeal, get punished and swarmed by defenders, turn the ball over, hope (in vain) to be bailed out by the refs

At least he wasn't doing the Bogie "Aaiihhh!" sound


Vic plays with Brogdon and Warren… Bogie played with the worst PG in League and with broken Wes Mathews… big different


Been a while since your Collison hate has made an appearance. In a weird way I missed it.
User avatar
Moooose
Starter
Posts: 2,296
And1: 182
Joined: Apr 13, 2010
Location: From Way Downtown
 

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#14 » by Moooose » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:00 am

Hope everyone's doing well. Been a while.

I've just lost all expectations for the Pacers in this series. Try as we may, our best is not enough. Miami's just too much and us lacking Domas really gets us nowhere. I only watch the games to see our young guys play - Holiday, Sumner.

I don't know but it has gone painful to see Vic over-exerting himself, trying to prove something, and ending up with an error. Myles is overly frustrating. Now, I don't know where his problems are. I used to believe that experience will toughen him up. He's always hesitating like a first timer on a diving board. On most times, he looks like someone a girl can destroy in a pillow fight.

Nate, I don't know. I still think he's a good coach but wouldn't be surprised if he gets fired for a more fitting coach.

Draft is around the corner. Bummer that we don't have a first rounder but a lot of under the radar guys in the 2nd.
Topofthekey
Rookie
Posts: 1,163
And1: 400
Joined: Nov 18, 2017

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#15 » by Topofthekey » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:16 pm

Moooose wrote:Hope everyone's doing well. Been a while.

I've just lost all expectations for the Pacers in this series. Try as we may, our best is not enough. Miami's just too much and us lacking Domas really gets us nowhere. I only watch the games to see our young guys play - Holiday, Sumner.

I don't know but it has gone painful to see Vic over-exerting himself, trying to prove something, and ending up with an error. Myles is overly frustrating. Now, I don't know where his problems are. I used to believe that experience will toughen him up. He's always hesitating like a first timer on a diving board. On most times, he looks like someone a girl can destroy in a pillow fight.

Nate, I don't know. I still think he's a good coach but wouldn't be surprised if he gets fired for a more fitting coach.

Draft is around the corner. Bummer that we don't have a first rounder but a lot of under the radar guys in the 2nd.

Painful but true

Strange thing is, he isn't like that on defense. He doesn't shy away from challenging shots, and when they wire him up, you can hear him barking instructions to his teammates on defense, directing them and telling them what to do and stuff

But it's like he turns into a different person the moment he crosses the half court line. On offense, he acts like a girl who's just happy that the cool kids allowed her to hang out with them. Very timid and deferential

Read the injury report Myles. Domas is out, and Vic is barely himself. No one's going to be upset if you started demanding more shots. In fact, people will get upset if you DON'T take more shots

Anyway, the team has enough youngster who need playing time, not a big loss to sit out the first round of the draft
Tom White
Senior
Posts: 693
And1: 363
Joined: Aug 27, 2001
Location: Indiana

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#16 » by Tom White » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:15 pm

Topofthekey wrote:...and when they wire him up, you can hear him barking instructions to his teammates on defense, directing them and telling them what to do and stuff


I would venture that his talkativeness is BECAUSE HE KNOWS he is wired up. He knows they will turn his mic on and the viewing audience will be listening for him to say something.....anything?

I really hope the team is not relying on him to give defensive instructions on a regular basis. Yes, he is a good shot blocker, but as an over-all defender or leader on defense? Not so much.
Topofthekey
Rookie
Posts: 1,163
And1: 400
Joined: Nov 18, 2017

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#17 » by Topofthekey » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:04 pm

Tom White wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:...and when they wire him up, you can hear him barking instructions to his teammates on defense, directing them and telling them what to do and stuff


I would venture that his talkativeness is BECAUSE HE KNOWS he is wired up. He knows they will turn his mic on and the viewing audience will be listening for him to say something.....anything?

I really hope the team is not relying on him to give defensive instructions on a regular basis. Yes, he is a good shot blocker, but as an over-all defender or leader on defense? Not so much.

Lol, could be

But being 6'11'' and the center who's situated close to the basket, he does have a good view of what is going on, compared to a guard (say Aaron) who's staring down one guy near the 3pt line, so it does make sense for him to communicate with the guard, because the guard is blind to what is going on with the other four opponents

Return to Indiana Pacers