Image

Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Jake0890, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan

pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 13,483
And1: 5,729
Joined: Sep 26, 2006
 

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#61 » by pacers33granger » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:37 am

Wizop wrote:

I have major issues with how Olynyk conducts himself. He's had far too many dirty plays in his career for them to be coincidental.
Fair enough. That's how I feel about Smart and the Morris twins.

Sent from my phone.
I'm right there with you on the Morris twins. Love Smart though.
Topofthekey
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,565
And1: 555
Joined: Nov 18, 2017

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#62 » by Topofthekey » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:02 am

pacers33granger wrote:
Wizop wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:Nunn is ok, but I'd prefer to just ride it out with Vic. Miami doesn't have much draft capital to spend and I wouldn't want Olynyk on the team at all.
I don't want to trade Vic and I really don't want to trade him to another Eastern Conference team. I do think Olynyk would fit but I'd only want a two team trade with Miami if Vic forced it.

Sent from my phone.


I have major issues with how Olynyk conducts himself. He's had far too many dirty plays in his career for them to be coincidental.

That flop against Myles that got overturned
Topofthekey
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,565
And1: 555
Joined: Nov 18, 2017

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#63 » by Topofthekey » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:06 am

Lazlo4D wrote:I know people who downgrade Oladipo's trade value until he proves fully healthy. But Gordon Hayward is in the same boat.

Gordon Hayward has only started 71 games, played in 125, out of 236 regular season games for the Celtics. Averaging 2 pts, 11.7 pts & 17.5 pts a game over those 3 seasons. He is 30yo, talented, hurt a lot, and has 1 year left at over $ 34 million.

That said... If Oladipo is not all in with the Pacers, here is a proposal that has some merits for both teams.

Pacers trade: Victor Oladipo, Myles Turner, Jeremy Lamb

Celtics trade: Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward

Pacers Why: Jaylen Brown would fit nice next to Sabonis and Warren. Hayword adds scoring and passing, could really lift our bench. I think Goga can be a rim protector and do enough to replace Turner.

Celtics Why: Myles Turner would be perfect for their glaring hole in the middle. Oladipo is a closer they don't have, and it cost them in Miami. Jeremy Lamb is good & has value when healthy but here is filler.

Both Hayward and Oladipo are on 1 year deals but would likely resign with their new teams as both teams would be good.

I know Celtics fans will freak out at the thought of trading Jaylen Brown, as they overvalue their player, as most fans do. But they are getting great value and need for him with Victor Oladipo & Myles Turner.

Maybe if Jaylen Brown asked to be traded to the Pacers

He and Brogdon participated in a march together, didn't they?

Maybe he'd want to team up with Brogdon on and off the court, to pursue their cause together
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 30,125
And1: 4,853
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#64 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:54 pm

Huh. Ian Begley of SNY again seems to have something he wants to report. Weird how he never reported anything about the Pacers until Leon Rose took over in NY, and now he’s reported a bunch of things Pacers related. :dontknow:

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Tom White
Senior
Posts: 712
And1: 373
Joined: Aug 27, 2001
Location: Indiana

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#65 » by Tom White » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:35 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Huh. Ian Begley of SNY again seems to have something he wants to report. Weird how he never reported anything about the Pacers until Leon Rose took over in NY, and now he’s reported a bunch of things Pacers related. :dontknow:

Read on Twitter
?s=21


I saw that. He is using the VERY vague "some within the organization" line. What does that even mean? Who are these "some"?

He doesn't even say "some in the front office management".

I have no idea who Begley is, or if he is in any way reliable, but it is all way too vague, and smacks of click-bait to me.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 30,125
And1: 4,853
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#66 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:43 pm

Tom White wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Huh. Ian Begley of SNY again seems to have something he wants to report. Weird how he never reported anything about the Pacers until Leon Rose took over in NY, and now he’s reported a bunch of things Pacers related. :dontknow:

Read on Twitter
?s=21


I saw that. He is using the VERY vague "some within the organization" line. What does that even mean? Who are these "some"?

He doesn't even say "some in the front office management".

I have no idea who Begley is, or if he is in any way reliable, but it is all way too vague, and smacks of click-bait to me.



It’s super vague. And Leon Rose was Oladipo’s agent until he took the NY GM job in March. Almost immediately, he started reporting on Oladipo to NY possibilities.

Just seems weird. We know that Walsh leaked to Peter Vescey a lot and Bird couldn’t not speak his mind to anyone. Pritchard/Buchanan has never seemed to have anyone they leak to.
Tom White
Senior
Posts: 712
And1: 373
Joined: Aug 27, 2001
Location: Indiana

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#67 » by Tom White » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:57 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
And Leon Rose was Oladipo’s agent until he took the NY GM job in March. Almost immediately, he started reporting on Oladipo to NY possibilities.


Oh, good job connecting the dots there. I had not thought of that.
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 10,934
And1: 1,813
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#68 » by Wizop » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:26 pm

WireTap says we'd like Heyward. so many of us have written over and over again on the trade forum that he's too expensive. I hope this is an unfounded rumor.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 13,483
And1: 5,729
Joined: Sep 26, 2006
 

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#69 » by pacers33granger » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:28 pm

I posted it on the Trade board, so might as well throw it here too.

At best, this is an insanely lazy "report." It's highly speculative for one. But the worst part is Begley literally copy/pasted half the article from one he wrote 5 months ago.

https://sny.tv/articles/sources-some-with-pacers-continue-to-have-interest-in-trading-for-gordon-hayward

https://www.sny.tv/articles/where-things-stand-with-the-201920-nba-season-and-how-it-impacts-knicks
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 30,125
And1: 4,853
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#70 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:28 pm

Wizop wrote:WireTap says we'd like Heyward. so many of us have written over and over again on the trade forum that he's too expensive. I hope this is an unfounded rumor.



That’s aggregated off of the Ian Begley article I posted a couple posts above.

As we pointed out, there are questions of the validity of the report.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 13,483
And1: 5,729
Joined: Sep 26, 2006
 

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#71 » by pacers33granger » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:29 pm

And IIRC he was the one who started the whole "lowball" extension talk about Vic without realizing the offer was made while Vic was still injured as a sign of good faith. I could be off on that one though.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 30,125
And1: 4,853
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#72 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:44 pm

pacers33granger wrote:And IIRC he was the one who started the whole "lowball" extension talk about Vic without realizing the offer was made while Vic was still injured as a sign of good faith. I could be off on that one though.


The 4/80 offer was reported a while back from J.Michael, but it also pointed out it was the off-season after the injury, before the return. So yeah, a safety net, if you will.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 13,483
And1: 5,729
Joined: Sep 26, 2006
 

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#73 » by pacers33granger » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:46 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:And IIRC he was the one who started the whole "lowball" extension talk about Vic without realizing the offer was made while Vic was still injured as a sign of good faith. I could be off on that one though.


The 4/80 offer was reported a while back from J.Michael, but it also pointed out it was the off-season after the injury, before the return. So yeah, a safety net, if you will.


I guess I wasn't clear. I think J. Micheal reported it correctly as it was. But I think Begley was the one saying or heavily implying that Indy didn't believe in Vic and lowballed him on an extension offer which upset him.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 30,125
And1: 4,853
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#74 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:06 pm

pacers33granger wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:And IIRC he was the one who started the whole "lowball" extension talk about Vic without realizing the offer was made while Vic was still injured as a sign of good faith. I could be off on that one though.


The 4/80 offer was reported a while back from J.Michael, but it also pointed out it was the off-season after the injury, before the return. So yeah, a safety net, if you will.


I guess I wasn't clear. I think J. Micheal reported it correctly as it was. But I think Begley was the one saying or heavily implying that Indy didn't believe in Vic and lowballed him on an extension offer which upset him.


Oh. I don’t remember that being an additional report or reference.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 13,483
And1: 5,729
Joined: Sep 26, 2006
 

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#75 » by pacers33granger » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:10 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
The 4/80 offer was reported a while back from J.Michael, but it also pointed out it was the off-season after the injury, before the return. So yeah, a safety net, if you will.


I guess I wasn't clear. I think J. Micheal reported it correctly as it was. But I think Begley was the one saying or heavily implying that Indy didn't believe in Vic and lowballed him on an extension offer which upset him.


Oh. I don’t remember that being an additional report or reference.


I remember reports using terms like lowball, insulting, etc. Might not have been him and may have been others jumping off of his report. I know he at least reported it way later than J. Michael and Lowe.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 5,160
And1: 170
Joined: May 27, 2007
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#76 » by Grang33r » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:28 am

Rumors are fun so i don't mind them. But, this Begley rumor just doesn't add up. Hayward i dont think is a good fit for the Pacers, seems like trading Turner for him isn't the smartest move for a club that is expected to be making analytical decisions and also Pritchard is very tight lipped. TJ Warren trade came out of nowhere, even the Paul George trade was zero whispers until it happened and then we were shocked when we learned it was OKC and Bjorkgren was nowhere near being a finalist for our coaching job, yet he got the job. Yet, somehow Ian Begley got the inside scoop on Pritchard's off-season plans? Doubt it.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Lazlo4D
Sophomore
Posts: 120
And1: 77
Joined: Jun 30, 2016
   

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#77 » by Lazlo4D » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:45 am

Since guys who play less than 50% games healthy over 3 years and make $ 35M/yr have little trade value. Plus, the Pacers would never trade for $ 35M/yr guy, let alone after a year where the NBA had $ 1.5 BILLION revenue shortfall.

Here my counter proposal to Celtic fans:

Hayward plays next year with the Celtics and make his $ 35M. The Celtics lose in the 1st or 2nd round with garbage at center. But they have a real good D-League team with all their 1st round busts. They then have to let Gordon walk because they have to SUPERMAX ($35M+) Tatum plus continue to overpay Brown, Kemba, & Smart.

So here is the deal (after next season):

Pacers out: Oladipo (sign & trade) or Turner or whoever they decide for REAL VALUE from another team.
Pacers in: Sign Hayward to a reasonable $20M+-/yr deal and he can live in his new house in Fishers.

Boston in: Gets SQUAT
Boston out: The knowledge that their GM Danny Ain't frittered away all those assets( Kyrie, Horford, Hayward) AND wasted all those FRP picks while stupidly passing up EASY opportunities to get real stars( A.D., Kawhi, Butler, Paul George, etc)

It's a win, win, win for everybody.
User avatar
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 3,972
And1: 4,068
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
Location: Naptown
   

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#78 » by boomershadow » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:02 am

Also remember that Ainge has a weird reputation of putting out nonsense to the media.
Topofthekey
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,565
And1: 555
Joined: Nov 18, 2017

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#79 » by Topofthekey » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:05 pm

Lazlo4D wrote:Since guys who play less than 50% games healthy over 3 years and make $ 35M/yr have little trade value. Plus, the Pacers would never trade for $ 35M/yr guy, let alone after a year where the NBA had $ 1.5 BILLION revenue shortfall.

Here my counter proposal to Celtic fans:

Hayward plays next year with the Celtics and make his $ 35M. The Celtics lose in the 1st or 2nd round with garbage at center. But they have a real good D-League team with all their 1st round busts. They then have to let Gordon walk because they have to SUPERMAX ($35M+) Tatum plus continue to overpay Brown, Kemba, & Smart.

So here is the deal (after next season):

Pacers out: Oladipo (sign & trade) or Turner or whoever they decide for REAL VALUE from another team.
Pacers in: Sign Hayward to a reasonable $20M+-/yr deal and he can live in his new house in Fishers.

Boston in: Gets SQUAT
Boston out: The knowledge that their GM Danny Ain't frittered away all those assets( Kyrie, Horford, Hayward) AND wasted all those FRP picks while stupidly passing up EASY opportunities to get real stars( A.D., Kawhi, Butler, Paul George, etc)

It's a win, win, win for everybody.

Celtics have just been too greedy with their assets, serves them right it this comes to past

In a way, they've already lost Rozier for nothing, instead of trading him for fair value while they still had him

They were trying to do the same crap they are doing now with Hayward

I remember Celtics posters trying to recoup value for Rozier before he hit free agency, I remember them kept trying to offer Rozier for Myles, with the exact same MO, hyping up Rozier like a potential star while trashing Myles

Now they're just doing the same thing with Hayward
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 30,125
And1: 4,853
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#80 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:32 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
Lazlo4D wrote:Since guys who play less than 50% games healthy over 3 years and make $ 35M/yr have little trade value. Plus, the Pacers would never trade for $ 35M/yr guy, let alone after a year where the NBA had $ 1.5 BILLION revenue shortfall.

Here my counter proposal to Celtic fans:

Hayward plays next year with the Celtics and make his $ 35M. The Celtics lose in the 1st or 2nd round with garbage at center. But they have a real good D-League team with all their 1st round busts. They then have to let Gordon walk because they have to SUPERMAX ($35M+) Tatum plus continue to overpay Brown, Kemba, & Smart.

So here is the deal (after next season):

Pacers out: Oladipo (sign & trade) or Turner or whoever they decide for REAL VALUE from another team.
Pacers in: Sign Hayward to a reasonable $20M+-/yr deal and he can live in his new house in Fishers.

Boston in: Gets SQUAT
Boston out: The knowledge that their GM Danny Ain't frittered away all those assets( Kyrie, Horford, Hayward) AND wasted all those FRP picks while stupidly passing up EASY opportunities to get real stars( A.D., Kawhi, Butler, Paul George, etc)

It's a win, win, win for everybody.

Celtics have just been too greedy with their assets, serves them right it this comes to past

In a way, they've already lost Rozier for nothing, instead of trading him for fair value while they still had him

They were trying to do the same crap they are doing now with Hayward

I remember Celtics posters trying to recoup value for Rozier before he hit free agency, I remember them kept trying to offer Rozier for Myles, with the exact same MO, hyping up Rozier like a potential star while trashing Myles

Now they're just doing the same thing with Hayward


Rozier got them Kemba. That’s certainly not losing him for nothing. :dontknow:

Return to Indiana Pacers