Oladipo Trade Ideas

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Re: Oladipo Trade Ideas 

Post#101 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Oct 6, 2020 1:13 pm

https://nypost.com/2020/10/05/knicks-eyeing-victor-oladipo-amid-offseason-possibilities/

Chris Berman of the Post (an always Knicks front office friendly writer), suggests that Knicks are very interested in trading for Oladipo. He operates from a mistaken belief that Randle and Dennis Smith Jr have value, and suggests that those two and two future Mavericks 1sts could “whet Indiana’s appetite”.

He also identifies Chris Paul, Joel Embiid, Karl Anthony Towns, and Paul George. He seems to think that Randle/DSJ/Mavs Picks could net most of these guys, with the Knicks MAAAAYBE including their own 1st next year.

Consider these as very Knicks friendly ideas, but it does sound as if the Knicks realize they’re going to have to trade for a guy and re sign him rather than count on them signing in free agency.

The Knicks could have plenty of cap space to not have to return salary after declining team options and waiving non guaranteed salaries.

It's where the wiretap is sourced from today:
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259788/Knicks-Reportedly-Prefer-Trading-For-Victor-Oladipo-Over-Chris-Paul
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,713

Post#102 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:20 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:https://nypost.com/2020/10/05/knicks-eyeing-victor-oladipo-amid-offseason-possibilities/

Chris Berman of the Post (an always Knicks front office friendly writer), suggests that Knicks are very interested in trading for Oladipo. He operates from a mistaken belief that Randle and Dennis Smith Jr have value, and suggests that those two and two future Mavericks 1sts could “whet Indiana’s appetite”.

He also identifies Chris Paul, Joel Embiid, Karl Anthony Towns, and Paul George. He seems to think that Randle/DSJ/Mavs Picks could net most of these guys, with the Knicks MAAAAYBE including their own 1st next year.

Consider these as very Knicks friendly ideas, but it does sound as if the Knicks realize they’re going to have to trade for a guy and re sign him rather than count on them signing in free agency.

The Knicks could have plenty of cap space to not have to return salary after declining team options and waiving non guaranteed salaries.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259788/Knicks-Reportedly-Prefer-Trading-For-Victor-Oladipo-Over-Chris-Paul

Not sure there is a deal there with the Knicks. But, if it did would like to see Kevin Knox come back. Think he could be a reclamation project like what we got in Dipo and Domas in the OKC deal.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#103 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:31 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:https://nypost.com/2020/10/05/knicks-eyeing-victor-oladipo-amid-offseason-possibilities/

Not sure there is a deal there with the Knicks. But, if it did would like to see Kevin Knox come back. Think he could be a reclamation project like what we got in Dipo and Domas in the OKC deal.

Honestly, he’s probably similar to TJ Leaf, but a year away from NY being willing to recognize it. I wouldn’t mind him coming back, but he shouldn’t at all be a major piece of value in the deal. He’s been historically bad, and he’s paid a good amount of money. And with his past play, can anyone be excited to exercise his 4th year option for almost $6m?
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,713

Post#104 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:43 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

Honestly, he’s probably similar to TJ Leaf, but a year away from NY being willing to recognize it. I wouldn’t mind him coming back, but he shouldn’t at all be a major piece of value in the deal. He’s been historically bad, and he’s paid a good amount of money. And with his past play, can anyone be excited to exercise his 4th year option for almost $6m?

Correct not a major piece. But wouldn't mind him being a part of it to see if in the right situation he can get it going. But the TJ Leaf comparison.... c'mon now.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#105 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Oct 6, 2020 3:03 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

Correct not a major piece. But wouldn't mind him being a part of it to see if in the right situation he can get it going. But the TJ Leaf comparison.... c'mon now.

Really? I mean....
2019-20 comparison
https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=T.J.+Leaf&player_id1_select=T.J.+Leaf&player_id1=leaftj01&idx=bbr__players&p1yrfrom=2020&player_id2_hint=Kevin+Knox&player_id2_select=Kevin+Knox&player_id2=knoxke01&idx=bbr__players&p2yrfrom=2020

Career comparison
https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=T.J.+Leaf&player_id1_select=T.J.+Leaf&player_id1=leaftj01&player_id2_hint=Kevin+Knox&player_id2_select=Kevin+Knox&player_id2=knoxke01

Knox has been historically bad, and been given a ton of minutes in doing so.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#106 » by pacers33granger » Tue Oct 6, 2020 10:57 pm

Knox is also slow in his movements like Leaf. It's a pretty apt comparison unfortunately for Knox and NY.
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man
And1: 618

Post#107 » by MUpacersSIC » Wed Oct 7, 2020 1:13 am

Here are a few options I think are at least moderately realistic for Vic. Don’t love any of them, but his value has really taken a hit.

Trade 1-
Brooklyn In: Victor Oladipo

Indiana In: Caris Levert, Garrett Temple

Trade 2-
Miami In: Victor Oladipo

Indiana In: Duncan Robinson, Kelly Olynyk, #20 pick

Trade 3-
NYK: Victor Oladipo

Indiana In: #8 pick, Frank Ntilikina, Bobby Portis

I’m also taking into account the team has to be confident they’ll re-sign him.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#108 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Oct 7, 2020 2:25 am

MUpacersSIC wrote:Here are a few options I think are at least moderately realistic for Vic. Don’t love any of them, but his value has really taken a hit.

Trade 1-
Brooklyn In: Victor Oladipo

Indiana In: Caris Levert, Garrett Temple

Trade 2-
Miami In: Victor Oladipo

Indiana In: Duncan Robinson, Kelly Olynyk, #20 pick

Trade 3-
NYK: Victor Oladipo

Indiana In: #8 pick, Frank Ntilikina, Bobby Portis

I’m also taking into account the team has to be confident they’ll re-sign him.

Brooklyn could do that deal without including Temple, and they could waive him for nothing. I think both teams would prefer not to have Temple making $5m.

For 2, I don't know that Miami has a role for Vic unless they see him as a PG like player for them since Herro has exploded. Plus, they can't really acquire him now and then hope to sign Giannis (or any other max guy) in summer of 2021 as Oladipo's cap hold will work against them.

NY could clear more than enough salary since most of their guys are either minimally guaranteed or a team option, to trade just the pick for Victor. I definitely wouldn't want to pay Portis $15m, even if just for one season.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#109 » by Wizop » Wed Oct 7, 2020 2:43 am

I don't think we know Vic's value. Fans on the trade forum say it's fallen, but until a couple of teams make offers, it's all speculation.

But if he wants to go to the Knicks, I see possibilities.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#110 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 11:20 pm

pacers33granger wrote:Knox is also slow in his movements like Leaf. It's a pretty apt comparison unfortunately for Knox and NY.

I'd like to know what happened to Dennis Smith Jr! He looked like a good player coming out of NC State, then El Floppo! :lol:
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#111 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 11:27 pm

Topofthekey wrote:Vic's trade value is so low right now you aren't going to get too much in return if you trade him now. Trading him now is not that different from trading him in an S&T, in the sense that you're getting back minimal value. Might as well wait it out

Remember you can't base or assess his value from what a bunch of internet FakeGM's have to say about it. Some of the trade board idea's are just plain stupid and insulting.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#112 » by Topofthekey » Wed Oct 7, 2020 11:52 pm

That they are
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:41 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:36 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30127108/nba-free-agency-people-power-make-big-moves

Tim Bontemps has a short write up on a bunch of “possible trigger points” of this years free agency, including Oladipo. He’s pretty reasoned and points out similar to what we’ve all already discussed here all too often.

It does read as though the rumors of Oladipo being loved are mostly from rival teams expecting that we can’t possibly let him walk and have to move him unless he agrees to an extension.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#115 » by TylersLakers » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:56 am

Windhorst and Bontemps also talked of a potential Lakers deal.

Kuz, Green, 1st for Oladipo

I think a more likely trade is Kuz, Green, Bradley for Oladipo, McDermott

Or Kuz, Green, Bradley, Cook, 1st for Oladipo, Lamb

Thoughts? Windhorst thought the Lakers would be giving up too much. Bontemps said he thinks it’s a really good deal for both sides and if that was available for the Lakers, they should take it.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,891

Post#116 » by fbalmeida » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:45 am

If I may, nobody wants Kuzma. If he were on the Raptors, he'd be in the g-league, platooning at PF for the Raptors 905.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:52 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man
And1: 618

Post#118 » by MUpacersSIC » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:53 pm

TylersLakers wrote:Windhorst and Bontemps also talked of a potential Lakers deal.

Thoughts? Windhorst thought the Lakers would be giving up too much. Bontemps said he thinks it’s a really good deal for both sides and if that was available for the Lakers, they should take it.

I would never use Windhorst as a source. That guy has no clue what he’s talking about 99% of the time, and the other 1% is only getting his LeBron info right part of the time. Kuzma is not interesting, Green is way past his prime, and the first is late. The Pacers will get better offers than that.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:54 pm

TylersLakers wrote:Windhorst and Bontemps also talked of a potential Lakers deal.

Bontemps wrote that Oladipo’s value was low enough that Indy couldn’t be enticed to trade him. That doesn’t mean that Indy feels forced to give him for less value to LA :wink:

As for Windhorst, he’s gotten a lot wrong with the Pacers, and around the league, before that I just don’t trust his “sources” as anything more than the Klutch guys.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#120 » by boomershadow » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:05 pm

I actually like Kuz lol. I don't think he has put it all together yet, but I he will.

I don't think Lebron and Oladipo would really work that well together though. Vic has a similar fit issue with Butler and Durant/Irving. That would affect what I would be willing to give up for him if I were either of those teams.

Return to Indiana Pacers