Game 15 : Orlando Magic (7-8) @ Indiana Pacers (8-6) - 7:00PM 

Post#1 » by ducler » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:55 pm

Read on Twitter
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Re: Game 15 : Orlando Magic (7-8) @ Indiana Pacers (8-6) - 7:00PM 

Post#2 » by Wizop » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:45 am

Anyone who still thinks we should trade Myles isn't watching our games. We're not the same team without him.

Lamb also really contributing. With LeVert out he's going to earn his contract.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#3 » by Boneman2 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:08 am

Brogdon is Reggie’s heir apparent
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#4 » by Topofthekey » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:18 am

Wizop wrote:Anyone who still thinks we should trade Myles isn't watching our games. We're not the same team without him.

Sent from my phone.

Correct

As I mentioned before, if the team has to choose between keeping Domas or Myles, you keep Myles
Boneman2
General Manager

Post#5 » by Boneman2 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:42 am

Topofthekey wrote:
Wizop wrote:Anyone who still thinks we should trade Myles isn't watching our games. We're not the same team without him.

Sent from my phone.

Correct

As I mentioned before, if the team has to choose between keeping Domas or Myles, you keep Myles

I think it is a double edged sword. One could argue Domas' impact is just as vital to the offense as Myles' impact is to the defense. I think it would be easier putting a shot blocker next to Domas than it would be to find another 4-5 with Domas' skillset. The energy he brings just wears on other bigs not to mention his picks are brutal. He does all the things in the post that allows Myles to specialize in shooting threes and blocking shots. Honestly they mesh well. I hope to keep both long term.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#6 » by Topofthekey » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:35 am

I mean, a win is always good, but can Goga and Sumner play more than 0 and 2 minutes respectively?

Sumner showed promise when he played, I don't know why the team isn't continuing to give him the opportunity to play

Goga looked a little lost the last game he played, but unless we are ready to give up on him, he needs to play as well

Domas played 44 minutes. Are you telling me that Goga is so terrible that he can't even spell Domas for 5 minutes or something?
Boneman2
General Manager

Post#7 » by Boneman2 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:29 pm

Topofthekey wrote:I mean, a win is always good, but can Goga and Sumner play more than 0 and 2 minutes respectively?

Sumner showed promise when he played, I don't know why the team isn't continuing to give him the opportunity to play

Goga looked a little lost the last game he played, but unless we are ready to give up on him, he needs to play as well

Domas played 44 minutes. Are you telling me that Goga is so terrible that he can't even spell Domas for 5 minutes or something?

It takes Centers longer to develop but I agree with you on Goga. I think Bjorkgren should incorporate him into the lineup around the beginning of the 2nd and 4th quarters, even if it is only for a few minutes. Ultimately, Goga will need to strengthen his physique in order to ascend the depth chart, but it would be nice to assess his shortcomings against back ups.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#8 » by pacers33granger » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:51 pm

Topofthekey wrote:Domas played 44 minutes. Are you telling me that Goga is so terrible that he can't even spell Domas for 5 minutes or something?

Not terrible, but incredibly raw. 5 minutes can turn the tides of a game. It's tough to find a good slot for those 5 minutes because they're such a gamble. That said, I 100% agree that the coaching staff needs to find him some minutes. With Sumner, I get it because we're so deep at the wings. But we desperately need another reliable big. My hope is that the team believes he needs more practice time while healthy to learn the system and what is expected of him.

Return to Indiana Pacers