Post#1 » by ducler » Fri Feb 5, 2021 9:21 pm

Read on Twitter
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Re: Game 23 : New Orleans Pelicans (8-12) @ Indiana Pacers (12-10) - 7:00 PM 

Post#2 » by Topofthekey » Sat Feb 6, 2021 12:28 am

Hmm, I'm trying to figure out the logic behind Bjorkgren's substitution pattern

Lamb was playing well, getting buckets for the team, and he gets subbed out for Doug the first timeout of the game
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by Topofthekey » Sat Feb 6, 2021 12:36 am

There we go, Lamb immediately scored another bucket the moment he checked in again
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#4 » by pacers33granger » Sat Feb 6, 2021 6:42 pm

Topofthekey wrote:Hmm, I'm trying to figure out the logic behind Bjorkgren's substitution pattern

Lamb was playing well, getting buckets for the team, and he gets subbed out for Doug the first timeout of the game

We're only 23 games in with an entirely new staff, have lost Warren and Vic from the start of the year, and missed Lamb and Goga for a good chunk of this short season.

I wouldn't try to go too deep. The team is very much a work in progress during a weird season, it's early, and the team hasn't been healthy. I suspect we'll see odd subs throughout the season as Nate toys with lineups and rotations when guys start coming back.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#5 » by pacers33granger » Sat Feb 6, 2021 6:53 pm

This was another disappointing game, but probably also the most excited I've been as a fan after a loss since as long as I can recall. Nate made the great move to let the guys who brought us back finish it off and every single starter seemed to be in full support.

Was also likely Goga's best game as a pro and it showed how much he can help us down the stretch. That would cover one of our major holes that comes up whenever Myles or Domas rack up fouls, which is close to every game for at least one.

And I really hope Aaron starts figuring it out and this game gives him some confidence. He can be a big piece off the bench for us when everyone is healthy. But he's been pretty bad to start the season. Tbf, he has been played in a bunch of different spots and had different roles every season of his short career. So maybe he just needs some stability. He's really in danger of losing out on minutes if everyone gets healthy though. Nate is clearly a fan of McConnell, so he's the backup PG. Then Justin/Doug/Lamb are ahead of Aaron on the depth chart for wing positions. And we have to have a big so the 10th man is Goga by default. So now he's competing with Sumner for any guard minute crumbs.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Topofthekey » Sun Feb 7, 2021 9:00 am

pacers33granger wrote:This was another disappointing game, but probably also the most excited I've been as a fan after a loss since as long as I can recall. Nate made the great move to let the guys who brought us back finish it off and every single starter seemed to be in full support.

Was also likely Goga's best game as a pro and it showed how much he can help us down the stretch. That would cover one of our major holes that comes up whenever Myles or Domas rack up fouls, which is close to every game for at least one.

And I really hope Aaron starts figuring it out and this game gives him some confidence. He can be a big piece off the bench for us when everyone is healthy. But he's been pretty bad to start the season. Tbf, he has been played in a bunch of different spots and had different roles every season of his short career. So maybe he just needs some stability. He's really in danger of losing out on minutes if everyone gets healthy though. Nate is clearly a fan of McConnell, so he's the backup PG. Then Justin/Doug/Lamb are ahead of Aaron on the depth chart for wing positions. And we have to have a big so the 10th man is Goga by default. So now he's competing with Sumner for any guard minute crumbs.

That's the thing

The team has enough depth to go at least 10 man deep, but Bjorkgren has so far favoured a tight 8 man rotation. I think the team really needs to make better use of the bench, so that Domas and Brogdon can be more effective in the minutes they play. I'd rather see them being effective, rather than watch them getting stretched thin

If it turns out that Bjorkgren wants to stick to an 8 or 9 man rotation, then KP needs to consolidate the roster from 10 or 11 guys down to 9 or 10

Return to Indiana Pacers