Image

2021 Free Agency & Off-season

Moderators: pacers33granger, Jake0890, Grang33r, pacerfan, boomershadow

Pacers Forever
Junior
Posts: 387
And1: 62
Joined: Nov 21, 2020
     

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#341 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:08 am

Also schedule release shows the Pacers on national TV with only 1 scheduled game this season at Miami. Four other games will be shown on NBAtv. Home opener vs Miami, vs New Orleans, at Cavaliers , at Knicks.

Nothing new here but article said it’s possible to see more games in second half of the season if Pacers are worth airing to the networks.
As for me my only viewing care is that I can view the games on tv since I don’t live in Indy anymore. Hopefully I’ll find an affordable resolution.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 33,665
And1: 6,557
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#342 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:27 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:Also schedule release shows the Pacers on national TV with only 1 scheduled game this season at Miami. Four other games will be shown on NBAtv. Home opener vs Miami, vs New Orleans, at Cavaliers , at Knicks.

Nothing new here but article said it’s possible to see more games in second half of the season if Pacers are worth airing to the networks.
As for me my only viewing care is that I can view the games on tv since I don’t live in Indy anymore. Hopefully I’ll find an affordable resolution.


If you’re far enough away from Indy, you can subscribe to League Pass for just the Pacers at a lower cost. I live in Cincinnati, and I’m JUST far enough away from Indy to not have the live games blacked out for me. I do, oddly, have the Cavs games blocked out for me, though they’re MUCH further away from me than Indy. :dontknow:
Tom White
Pro Prospect
Posts: 990
And1: 479
Joined: Aug 27, 2001
Location: Indiana

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#343 » by Tom White » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:59 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:If you’re far enough away from Indy, you can subscribe to League Pass for just the Pacers at a lower cost. I live in Cincinnati, and I’m JUST far enough away from Indy to not have the live games blacked out for me. I do, oddly, have the Cavs games blocked out for me, though they’re MUCH further away from me than Indy. :dontknow:


The various leagues REALLY need to take another look at their blackout rules. Especially with the current state of people dumping cable for streaming services. I live about 60 miles south of Indy and can't get the NBA team pass for the Pacers due to the rules.

Our only cable company carries the regional networks, but then you are stuck paying somewhere around $85 per month for their service, plus the add-on fees they so dearly love. That price is crazy. Then of course, the brainiacs at Smulyan broadcasting eliminated 1070 The Fan and their FM broadcasts are so pathetically weak you can't pick them up at all. So listening to the games on radio is out as well. Clowns.

Sorry about the rant. Just have to get it out of my system once in a while. :banghead:
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 33,665
And1: 6,557
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#344 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:39 pm

Tom White wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:If you’re far enough away from Indy, you can subscribe to League Pass for just the Pacers at a lower cost. I live in Cincinnati, and I’m JUST far enough away from Indy to not have the live games blacked out for me. I do, oddly, have the Cavs games blocked out for me, though they’re MUCH further away from me than Indy. :dontknow:


The various leagues REALLY need to take another look at their blackout rules. Especially with the current state of people dumping cable for streaming services. I live about 60 miles south of Indy and can't get the NBA team pass for the Pacers due to the rules.

Our only cable company carries the regional networks, but then you are stuck paying somewhere around $85 per month for their service, plus the add-on fees they so dearly love. That price is crazy. Then of course, the brainiacs at Smulyan broadcasting eliminated 1070 The Fan and their FM broadcasts are so pathetically weak you can't pick them up at all. So listening to the games on radio is out as well. Clowns.

Sorry about the rant. Just have to get it out of my system once in a while. :banghead:


No, you're fine! My brother lives in Noblesville, and with Sinclair Broadcasting continually burning bridges with every satellite or cable provider in the region, he now has absolutely no way to subscribe to Bally's/Fox Sports, but also can't subscribe to League Pass because of blackout rules. It's insane. Sinclair absolutely screwed up this whole process, which otherwise worked JUST FINE.
Pacers Forever
Junior
Posts: 387
And1: 62
Joined: Nov 21, 2020
     

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#345 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:13 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Tom White wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:If you’re far enough away from Indy, you can subscribe to League Pass for just the Pacers at a lower cost. I live in Cincinnati, and I’m JUST far enough away from Indy to not have the live games blacked out for me. I do, oddly, have the Cavs games blocked out for me, though they’re MUCH further away from me than Indy. :dontknow:


The various leagues REALLY need to take another look at their blackout rules. Especially with the current state of people dumping cable for streaming services. I live about 60 miles south of Indy and can't get the NBA team pass for the Pacers due to the rules.

Our only cable company carries the regional networks, but then you are stuck paying somewhere around $85 per month for their service, plus the add-on fees they so dearly love. That price is crazy. Then of course, the brainiacs at Smulyan broadcasting eliminated 1070 The Fan and their FM broadcasts are so pathetically weak you can't pick them up at all. So listening to the games on radio is out as well. Clowns.

Sorry about the rant. Just have to get it out of my system once in a while. :banghead:


No, you're fine! My brother lives in Noblesville, and with Sinclair Broadcasting continually burning bridges with every satellite or cable provider in the region, he now has absolutely no way to subscribe to Bally's/Fox Sports, but also can't subscribe to League Pass because of blackout rules. It's insane. Sinclair absolutely screwed up this whole process, which otherwise worked JUST FINE.


Tom I grew up in Worthington 75 miles south of Indy. My son lives in Edinburgh and he had to change from Hulu to AT&T Now. He and his buddy have half season tickets but still likes to see away games.

I agree they need to replace black outs with affordable pay per view options in all areas. I live in Florida so I have to buy the cheapest subscription service I can find.
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 12,267
And1: 2,219
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#346 » by Wizop » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:15 am

We signed a point guard to Stanley's two way. Tweet included in the other thread.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 33,665
And1: 6,557
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#347 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:32 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Basically, some teams are interested, but want to see Lamb come back healthy before trading for him. Maybe camp/preseason would work, but most likely into the season. Probably bodes worst for Kelan/Sykes or filling the 15th spot. Report mentions Lakers and Charlotte specifically. Lakers would be a tough salary match, and would either require a deal of THT or Nunn as salary matching, and I would imagine that LA would want to add Lamb to those guys, rather than instead of. Charlotte would require Plumlee as salary matching to work legally. Oubre would work, but he makes $1.5m more than Lamb, which would put us into the tax. Maybe something with Ish Smith and a couple other guys? Oh well, early to say.
Topofthekey
Veteran
Posts: 2,946
And1: 1,105
Joined: Nov 18, 2017

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#348 » by Topofthekey » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:09 pm

He'll probably be dealt 10 games into the season

I think teams just want to be sure he's able to play, while simultaneously evaluating the needs of their own roster, before putting in an offer for him

Likely won't be much, like a low quality SRP or something

I won't be shocked if Pacers gave him away for free, or even tacked a SRP onto him to expedite a trade
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 33,665
And1: 6,557
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#349 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:08 pm

Topofthekey wrote:He'll probably be dealt 10 games into the season

I think teams just want to be sure he's able to play, while simultaneously evaluating the needs of their own roster, before putting in an offer for him

Likely won't be much, like a low quality SRP or something

I won't be shocked if Pacers gave him away for free, or even tacked a SRP onto him to expedite a trade


Yeah. That’s basically what JMichael reported in the linked IndyStar article.

But yes, he’ll hold essentially no value when he is dealt.
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 12,267
And1: 2,219
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#350 » by Wizop » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:08 pm

theAthletic has Sykes and Taylor on Exhibit 10 deals which means they should be Ants.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 33,665
And1: 6,557
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#351 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:09 pm

Wizop wrote:theAthletic has Sykes and Taylor on Exhibit 10 deals which means they should be Ants.


Yes, they were signed to exhibit 10’s awhile ago. JMichael is reporting in these recent posts that Sykes has a chance to make the active roster, albeit somewhat small.
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 12,267
And1: 2,219
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#352 » by Wizop » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:44 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:theAthletic has Sykes and Taylor on Exhibit 10 deals which means they should be Ants.


Yes, they were signed to exhibit 10’s awhile ago. JMichael is reporting in these recent posts that Sykes has a chance to make the active roster, albeit somewhat small.


JMichael has me thinking that for the right offer LeVert could be the odd man out. if Duarte were the starter, we have plenty of options behind him and Warren with Lamb, Sumner, Justin, Martin, and Craig. holding onto Lamb's expiring contract is still helpful for 2022-23. is there a shut down defensive point guard out there?
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 33,665
And1: 6,557
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#353 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:35 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:theAthletic has Sykes and Taylor on Exhibit 10 deals which means they should be Ants.


Yes, they were signed to exhibit 10’s awhile ago. JMichael is reporting in these recent posts that Sykes has a chance to make the active roster, albeit somewhat small.


JMichael has me thinking that for the right offer LeVert could be the odd man out. if Duarte were the starter, we have plenty of options behind him and Warren with Lamb, Sumner, Justin, Martin, and Craig. holding onto Lamb's expiring contract is still helpful for 2022-23. is there a shut down defensive point guard out there?



Lamb would only be dealt for an expiring this season. That would not be a worry, as any return would still help us in the offseason.

Otherwise, if you’re saying Levert (or Brogdon) are getting played out of the starting lineup by a rookie in Duarte, you’re absolutely not getting a good return for those guys via trade. Certainly not getting a shut down defensive PG.
User avatar
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 4,468
And1: 5,009
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
Location: Naptown
   

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#354 » by boomershadow » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:28 pm

Having a rookie even being the rotation would be a first for this franchise in awhile. I wouldn't count on him being a starter even if he shows promise.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 33,665
And1: 6,557
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#355 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:48 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 33,665
And1: 6,557
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#356 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:03 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 12,267
And1: 2,219
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#357 » by Wizop » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:57 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:Otherwise, if you’re saying Levert (or Brogdon) are getting played out of the starting lineup by a rookie in Duarte, you’re absolutely not getting a good return for those guys via trade. Certainly not getting a shut down defensive PG.


Just to pull a random name out of a hat, you don't think you could trade LeVert for Patrick Beverley?

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 14,280
And1: 6,178
Joined: Sep 26, 2006
 

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#358 » by pacers33granger » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:43 am

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Otherwise, if you’re saying Levert (or Brogdon) are getting played out of the starting lineup by a rookie in Duarte, you’re absolutely not getting a good return for those guys via trade. Certainly not getting a shut down defensive PG.


Just to pull a random name out of a hat, you don't think you could trade LeVert for Patrick Beverley?

Sent from my phone.
The Beverly of today is not that guy. He's still alright, but is 100% a negative contract and someone who may not see time in the playoffs due to his deficiencies.

Sent from my SM-A716U using RealGM Forums mobile app
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 33,665
And1: 6,557
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#359 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:26 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Otherwise, if you’re saying Levert (or Brogdon) are getting played out of the starting lineup by a rookie in Duarte, you’re absolutely not getting a good return for those guys via trade. Certainly not getting a shut down defensive PG.


Just to pull a random name out of a hat, you don't think you could trade LeVert for Patrick Beverley?

Sent from my phone.



Oh, maybe. Beverley isn’t terribly good anymore and would maybe be a 3rd string PG depending on the night with Brogdon and McConnell.

But why would you want to do that?
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 12,267
And1: 2,219
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: 2021 Free Agency & Off-season 

Post#360 » by Wizop » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:47 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Oh, maybe. Beverley isn’t terribly good anymore and would maybe be a 3rd string PG depending on the night with Brogdon and McConnell.

But why would you want to do that?


okay, I'm being Larry Bird valuing a player for what he used to be, but Beverley is an example not an option cast in stone. as for why, if Duarte is starting at the 2 and LeVert is a bit unhappy about that and there are no takers for Lamb, we could use to save a little money and acquire a 3rd PG known for defense and toughness. now maybe Sumner and Jarreau will provide defense off the bench but there is still Pritchard's stated need for a tone setting veteran.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.

Return to Indiana Pacers