2021 Training Camp and PreSeason notes

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Re: 2021 Training Camp and PreSeason notes 

Post#61 » by Tom White » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:43 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Farewell….we hardly knew ye….

[tweet]...snip...

Someone is going to have to explain this to me. The team signed those three players, then before the ink had time to dry they waived them?

What was the point of all that? Was KP just bored and needed something to do? :lol:
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Post#62 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:50 pm

Tom White wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Farewell….we hardly knew ye….

[tweet]...snip...

Someone is going to have to explain this to me. The team signed those three players, then before the ink had time to dry they waived them?

What was the point of all that? Was KP just bored and needed something to do? :lol:

It’s a means to try and steer them to their G League affiliate in Ft Wayne outside of having to use picks on them in the GLeague draft.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 716

Post#63 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:40 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:Need 15 plus 2 2-way players

So roster sits at 13 under contract
Duane Washington Jr. 2 way contract

Kelan Martin not guaranteed
Brad Wanamaker camp body
DeJon Jarreau camp body

Plus 3 new signings probable waived soon

Am I missing anything ?

Jarreau is the other 2 way contract. 12 guaranteed contracts with Oshae, Kelan Martin, and Brad Wannamaker as non guaranteed contracts.

Theoretically, once the 3 new temporary guys are waived, we could be set. Or we could waive someone and go with 14. I assume Brissett is a sure thing. The last two spots, who knows.

Thanks Scoot. I’m glad Jarreau is the 2 way and I wouldn’t be opposed to them picking up a player who could help out better than Brissett, Martin, or Wanamaker if they’re out there. Unfortunately options probably slim.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:55 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:Need 15 plus 2 2-way players

So roster sits at 13 under contract
Duane Washington Jr. 2 way contract

Kelan Martin not guaranteed
Brad Wanamaker camp body
DeJon Jarreau camp body

Plus 3 new signings probable waived soon

Am I missing anything ?

Jarreau is the other 2 way contract. 12 guaranteed contracts with Oshae, Kelan Martin, and Brad Wannamaker as non guaranteed contracts.

Theoretically, once the 3 new temporary guys are waived, we could be set. Or we could waive someone and go with 14. I assume Brissett is a sure thing. The last two spots, who knows.

Thanks Scoot. I’m glad Jarreau is the 2 way and I wouldn’t be opposed to them picking up a player who could help out better than Brissett, Martin, or Wanamaker if they’re out there. Unfortunately options probably slim.

No worries. I’m hoping that Brissett will be better when the games count, like last year, but he could’ve just been signed while on a hot streak last year. I’m sure we’ll watch the waivers, but keep in mind that Martin and Wanamaker are the 14th and 15th men on the roster, and for a reason. They’re probably ok as that, but wi5 all the injuries, it seems like we temporarily need better.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 716

Post#65 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:03 pm

So the Pacers still have to decide Kelan Martin’s status ? It was postponed and can they do like they did Oshae and just keep him on a non guaranteed contract or will they have to sign all of them (Brissett, Martin, Wanamaker) to vet minimum contracts before the season begins ? I’m lost on what they can do to these 3 to pay them but not commit to having to pay them if they see a better say G league rising star come along after the season has begun.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:09 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:So the Pacers still have to decide Kelan Martin’s status ? It was postponed and can they do like they did Oshae and just keep him on a non guaranteed contract or will they have to sign all of them (Brissett, Martin, Wanamaker) to vet minimum contracts before the season begins ? I’m lost on what they can do to these 3 to pay them but not commit to having to pay them if they see a better say G league rising star come along after the season has begun.

They’re all 3 signed to nba contracts. They could leave them as is. Reports are that Kelan would become fully guaranteed if he’s on the roster on end of day Monday. Oshae and Kelan arent fully guaranteed until league wide guarantee date in January (15th I believe?), so they’re cap number would be what they’re paid in salary on a per game basis if they’re waived before the guarantee date.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:46 pm

As of now, Kelan fully guarantees on Tuesday the 19th, though they could negotiate and push back the guarantee date again before then.

Oshae and Brad don’t fully guarantee until January 10th, so we really don’t have to make a decision on them until that point.

Return to Indiana Pacers