Woj: Brogdon extends 2/$45m - 4/$89m total

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Re: Woj: Brogdon extends 2/$45m - 4/$89m total 

Post#21 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:37 pm

Topofthekey wrote:I mean, what's the alternative?

Not extend Brogdon and let him leave via free agency?

Find a trade for him? Who can we trade him for?

I think I prefer extending him to the above scenarios, as long as the $$ is reasonable

Agreed. And the money is VERY reasonable.

Sure, it means he can't be traded before our season is over (since his 6 month trade restriction won't expire until after the trade deadline), but when he is eligible to be traded, he'd now have 3 years of VERY affordable play remaining under contract, instead of going into his expiring year. Barring an absolutely debilitating injury, he should have MUCH more trade value when he is eligible to be traded than he would've if he was going into the last year of his deal.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#22 » by Topofthekey » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:03 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Sure, it means he can't be traded before our season is over (since his 6 month trade restriction won't expire until after the trade deadline), but when he is eligible to be traded, he'd now have 3 years of VERY affordable play remaining under contract, instead of going into his expiring year. Barring an absolutely debilitating injury, he should have MUCH more trade value when he is eligible to be traded than he would've if he was going into the last year of his deal.

Very true. Brogdon will be a much more valuable trade asset with 3 years of contract remaining than if he's an impending FA

The main problem is we have to put up with another year of LeVert+Brogdon in the backcourt, yuck
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:49 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Sure, it means he can't be traded before our season is over (since his 6 month trade restriction won't expire until after the trade deadline), but when he is eligible to be traded, he'd now have 3 years of VERY affordable play remaining under contract, instead of going into his expiring year. Barring an absolutely debilitating injury, he should have MUCH more trade value when he is eligible to be traded than he would've if he was going into the last year of his deal.

Very true. Brogdon will be a much more valuable trade asset with 3 years of contract remaining than if he's an impending FA

The main problem is we have to put up with another year of LeVert+Brogdon in the backcourt, yuck

It got a lot better at the end of the year last year, and hopefully will be better as Levert is further removed from a surgery for cancer on his kidney (which, this is a huge thing...we've really kind of looked past it a bit).

But otherwise, don't have to put up with another year of Levert/Brogdon backcourt if it doesn't work. Levert is fully tradeable at any time.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#24 » by Wizop » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:47 pm

Topofthekey wrote:The main problem is we have to put up with another year of LeVert+Brogdon in the backcourt, yuck

don't yuck prematurely. let's see what a better system can do for them.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#25 » by 8305 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:04 am

Wizop wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:The main problem is we have to put up with another year of LeVert+Brogdon in the backcourt, yuck

don't yuck prematurely. let's see what a better system can do for them.

Sent from my phone.

I’m not convinced Levert starts. Not sure if there is anything he does better than Duarte.

So much for managing Brogdan’s minutes.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 715

Post#26 » by Pacers Forever » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:01 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#27 » by Tom White » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:11 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Least surprising thing of the season, Brogdon being out again.

Does anyone know when this happened?

Side note: The biggest news I got from clicking that link was reading the Colts had traded Carson Wentz away. Had no idea.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#28 » by Pacers Forever » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:59 pm

Tom White wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Side note: The biggest news I got from clicking that link was reading the Colts had traded Carson Wentz away. Had no idea.

Yes Colts hit the jackpot yesterday trading Wentz to Washington for essentially a 2nd round pick swap, receive Washington’s 3rd round pick the next two drafts, and the biggest thing is Washington pays all of Wentz’s salary.

Of course now they need a QB lol
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#29 » by Tom White » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:36 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:Yes Colts hit the jackpot yesterday trading Wentz to Washington for essentially a 2nd round pick swap, receive Washington’s 3rd round pick the next two drafts, and the biggest thing is Washington pays all of Wentz’s salary.

Of course now they need a QB lol

Well, we have to remember the Colts gave up a 1st rounder to get him. Who's next? How about Jimmy G? Jordan Love? I'm sure Aaron Rodgers wouldn't mind seeing Love gone. :lol:
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#30 » by Wizop » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:42 pm

Tom White wrote:Well, we have to remember the Colts gave up a 1st rounder to get him. Who's next? How about Jimmy G? Jordan Love? I'm sure Aaron Rodgers wouldn't mind seeing Love gone. :lol:

wasn't it a 3rd last year and a conditional pick this year that became a 1st when he played enough snaps?

Jimmy G is possible although I like Mariota a little better because the price should be less. I'm also okay going with Ehlinger for a year backed up with a 2nd or 3rd day draftee.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#31 » by Pacers Forever » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:53 pm

Russell Wilson always in the news about getting traded but I don’t think Seahawks are seriously wanting Garapolo or Watson.

I’m good with a cheap alternative for this season as there’s not much to choose from. I guess next year QB draft is much better.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:00 pm

Tom White wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Agness has it as the elbow to the head from Mobley with 2:02 remaining in the 4th.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#33 » by Pacers Forever » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:20 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Tom White wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Agness has it as the elbow to the head from Mobley with 2:02 remaining in the 4th.

Glad it’s a legit reason then and not a deal of need to rest this or that part of the body.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#34 » by Tom White » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:42 pm

I am of the belief we will not see Turner, McConnell or Warren again this season.

That's bad news if the Pacers were hoping to trade any of them. Other teams would certainly want to see if they are healthy before agreeing to any move.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:32 am

Tom White wrote:I am of the belief we will not see Turner, McConnell or Warren again this season.

That's bad news if the Pacers were hoping to trade any of them. Other teams would certainly want to see if they are healthy before agreeing to any move.

Honestly, the bigger issue is that we may not get the chance to see how they play with Hali. What’s the fit? Can they not only coexist, but thrive together on the the court? As much info you can gather as possible would be helpful right now.

Warren’s a free agent, so I would think that that trades are nil. Sign and trades are usually minimal returns to begin with.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#36 » by Pacers Forever » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:53 am

I agree that we definitely won’t see McConnell and the coaches have had plenty of close up observations of his bench attitude this season as a cheerleader and player coach. 8-)

I’m leaning no Warren this season.
So much behind the scenes we don’t know about Warren’s rehab. Are Pacers and him mutually invested to take it slow to get him full strength for next season? Or is there a split of opinions on rehab and where he wants to play next season. We just don’t know.

Turner is slowly getting some practice in. We might see 1-2 weeks of him back. I’m pretty positive he wants to be back if Pacers brain trust want him since Domas is gone as is the Turbonis chatter.

Return to Indiana Pacers