Wolves fan with a question

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,145

Wolves fan with a question 

Post#1 » by winforlose » Sat Dec 4, 2021 9:33 pm

So I posted this on my own board and haven’t heard back about it yet, but I curious enough about reactions I thought I would share it here as well.

So left field thought. I am not sure either team would do this, but since the topic of the day has been trading Dlo and I don’t think we can do so without also moving KAT, I spent some time thinking about teams that might want both. The best idea I had in this situation is KAT and Dlo to the Pacers for Turner, Sabonis, and LeVert. Again, I am not sure either team would do this, this is just a very rough idea I though I would share for opinions and feedback.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Re: Wolves fan with a question 

Post#2 » by Wizop » Sat Dec 4, 2021 10:10 pm

winforlose wrote:The best idea I had in this situation is KAT and Dlo to the Pacers for Turner, Sabonis, and LeVert. Again, I am not sure either team would do this, this is just a very rough idea I though I would share for opinions and feedback.

I would do LeVert, Lamb, and a lightly protected first for Russell. I'm happy with Turbonis and wouldn't trade either let alone both for KAT.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#3 » by winforlose » Sat Dec 4, 2021 10:14 pm

Wizop wrote:
winforlose wrote:The best idea I had in this situation is KAT and Dlo to the Pacers for Turner, Sabonis, and LeVert. Again, I am not sure either team would do this, this is just a very rough idea I though I would share for opinions and feedback.

I would do LeVert, Lamb, and a lightly protected first for Russell. I'm happy with Turbonis and wouldn't trade either let alone both for KAT.

As I mentioned above, I don’t think we can trade Dlo without losing KAT. They are best friends and have been since their rookie season. Moreover, LeVert isn’t really the target, but rather the best available guard to make up the difference. I just don’t see us even considering it to be honest.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#4 » by Wizop » Sat Dec 4, 2021 10:29 pm

winforlose wrote:I don’t think we can trade Dlo without losing KAT.

I'd be surprised if we would be willing to take on two 30mm dollar contracts. If KAT were convinced a deal would add wins, I'd hope he'd just say it's a business

winforlose
General Manager

Post#5 » by winforlose » Sat Dec 4, 2021 10:33 pm

Wizop wrote:
winforlose wrote:I don’t think we can trade Dlo without losing KAT.

I'd be surprised if we would be willing to take on two 30mm dollar contracts. If KAT were convinced a deal would add wins, I'd hope he'd just say it's a business

You would think, and I would hope, but I doubt it. KAT has always been a very emotional guy, and when we shook up our roster 2 years ago he was very, very pissed. I honestly think the only reason he stayed his we brought in Dlo. I think if we make a move against Dlo without immediate and significant returns he demands out at the end of the season, and even with those returns I still think he doesn’t re-sign with us at the end of his contract.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#6 » by Topofthekey » Sun Dec 5, 2021 10:06 am

winforlose wrote:So I posted this on my own board and haven’t heard back about it yet, but I curious enough about reactions I thought I would share it here as well.

So left field thought. I am not sure either team would do this, but since the topic of the day has been trading Dlo and I don’t think we can do so without also moving KAT, I spent some time thinking about teams that might want both. The best idea I had in this situation is KAT and Dlo to the Pacers for Turner, Sabonis, and LeVert. Again, I am not sure either team would do this, this is just a very rough idea I though I would share for opinions and feedback.

Who's the main target? Turner or Sabonis?
Wizop
RealGM

Post#7 » by Wizop » Sun Dec 5, 2021 1:34 pm

Topofthekey wrote:Who's the main target? Turner or Sabonis?

He has us taking two thirty million dollar contracts so we'd need to send three twenty million dollar deals back. Brogdon can't be traded because of his extension so the deal is forced.

Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Topofthekey » Sun Dec 5, 2021 4:37 pm

Wizop wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:Who's the main target? Turner or Sabonis?

He has us taking two thirty million dollar contracts so we'd need to send three twenty million dollar deals back. Brogdon can't be traded because of his extension so the deal is forced.

If this trade were to happen, I'd rather wait till Brogdon is eligible to be traded, and susbtitute him for either Sabonis or Turner. Probably Turner

Not sure about the resulting pairing of Turner and KAT though

If Pacers are acquiring KAT and Russell, maybe the entire roster needs to be remade at that point

Honestly though, I'd love to get Anthony Edwards instead of KAT or Russell
winforlose
General Manager

Post#9 » by winforlose » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:28 am

Different question. Assuming a 3 team deal would you guys move Turner, Lamb, Duarte for Ben Simmons?
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 926

Post#10 » by Tom White » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:28 pm

winforlose wrote:Different question. Assuming a 3 team deal would you guys move Turner, Lamb, Duarte for Ben Simmons?

I would hope not. Why trade three good players for a problem child who only plays one end of the court?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,026

Post#11 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:37 pm

winforlose wrote:Different question. Assuming a 3 team deal would you guys move Turner, Lamb, Duarte for Ben Simmons?

It’d be really difficult for Indy to move Duarte. But also, this deal has Indy heading into the luxury tax, so that’s an automatic no.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#12 » by winforlose » Thu Jan 6, 2022 7:02 am

So a month later my board was once again talking about moving KAT. I again pitched my idea but with changes based on feedback from the Wolves board and both teams sb nations. The revised question is whether KAT and Dlo are worth Turner, Sabonis, Lamb, Duarte, and a first.
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#13 » by Vorda » Thu Jan 6, 2022 10:28 am

Sabonis, Levert, Warren, 2nd pick for KAT, DLo
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by Tom White » Thu Jan 6, 2022 1:27 pm

winforlose wrote:So a month later my board was once again talking about moving KAT. I again pitched my idea but with changes based on feedback from the Wolves board and both teams sb nations. The revised question is whether KAT and Dlo are worth Turner, Sabonis, Lamb, Duarte, and a first.

Nope. That has the Pacers giving up too much.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Topofthekey » Thu Jan 6, 2022 2:09 pm

winforlose wrote:So a month later my board was once again talking about moving KAT. I again pitched my idea but with changes based on feedback from the Wolves board and both teams sb nations. The revised question is whether KAT and Dlo are worth Turner, Sabonis, Lamb, Duarte, and a first.

I would prefer Edwards if Wolves is open to moving him instead
winforlose
General Manager

Post#16 » by winforlose » Thu Jan 6, 2022 6:09 pm

It’s interesting, I posted this question to Indy cornrows (your sb nation,) and people there seem to like it. I am curious about why that is. Also, in terms of value I see KAT being worth Sabonis and Turner and Dlo being worth Duarte and a first. Lamb is just to make the money work. Also remember Dlo keeps KAT happy.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by Tom White » Thu Jan 6, 2022 7:08 pm

winforlose wrote:It’s interesting, I posted this question to Indy cornrows (your sb nation,) and people there seem to like it. I am curious about why that is. Also, in terms of value I see KAT being worth Sabonis and Turner and Dlo being worth Duarte and a first. Lamb is just to make the money work. Also remember Dlo keeps KAT happy.

A major problem I have with your idea is it ruins the depth on a team that doesn't have all that much talent to begin with. You talking about the Pacers giving up three starters, plus a FRP that (given where we will likely be picking) could turn into a starter.

The two players you have coming to the Pacers are fine players, but don't make up for the number of good players going out.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,026

Post#18 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jan 6, 2022 7:12 pm

winforlose wrote:It’s interesting, I posted this question to Indy cornrows (your sb nation,) and people there seem to like it. I am curious about why that is. Also, in terms of value I see KAT being worth Sabonis and Turner and Dlo being worth Duarte and a first. Lamb is just to make the money work. Also remember Dlo keeps KAT happy.

Oh, I wouldn't give up either Duarte or a first for DLo. Salary filler at best. We already have Levert and aren't totally in on him and his inefficiencies and somewhat poor defense, so I doubt we'd go with the more expensive version in Dlo.

I agree that KAT is worth at least Sabonis and Turner, valuewise. I'd look at something there, if it was offered. But I wouldn't add in value to try and get DLo. I'd view taking DLo as something that lowers KAT's trade value.

Return to Indiana Pacers