Shams: Pacers Moving toward Rebuild; Receptive to Trade Talks

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Re: Shams: Pacers Moving toward Rebuild; Receptive to Trade Talks 

Post#401 » by Tom White » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:44 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:It would basically mean that he can’t be dealt to Brooklyn or Toronto, for sure. I’m not sure if it ended up going away, but also probable he couldn’t be dealt to Golden State. I think everyone else would be ok.

I think the Lakers and Clippers are also covered by some form of mandate.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#402 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:45 pm

Wiretap says that the Pacers are seeking 2 #1 picks for wait for it... Caris LeVert!! What are they smoking the only way that happens is if they were to take some really bad contract as well.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#403 » by Tom White » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:48 pm

pacers33granger wrote:Pritchard believed too much in Brogdon as a leader imo. He is off the court but not on. We should've seen this coming though after the team asked Warren to step up as a leader last off-season.

I'll agree with you on that all the way.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#404 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:25 pm

Tom White wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:It would basically mean that he can’t be dealt to Brooklyn or Toronto, for sure. I’m not sure if it ended up going away, but also probable he couldn’t be dealt to Golden State. I think everyone else would be ok.

I think the Lakers and Clippers are also covered by some form of mandate.

LA is, but allegedly, there’s a carve out for the Lakers/Clippers. Warriors are covered by a local San Francisco ordnance, not a statewide one.

But Knicks would be covered too.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#405 » by Wizop » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:56 pm

Read on Twitter
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#406 » by City of Trees » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:18 pm

Wizop wrote:
Read on Twitter
What is Indy looking for in a return for Sabonis?

Also, I saw they want two 1sts for LeVert! That's wild. The whole NBA has gone overboard with asking for multiple 1sts imo
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#407 » by Tom White » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:28 pm

City of Trees wrote:
Also, I saw they want two 1sts for LeVert! That's wild. The whole NBA has gone overboard with asking for multiple 1sts imo

Well, as we all know, asking isn't the same thing as getting. But in a negotiation, it is always easier to bargain down than it is to bargain up.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#408 » by City of Trees » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:50 pm

Tom White wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

Well, as we all know, asking isn't the same thing as getting. But in a negotiation, it is always easier to bargain down than it is to bargain up.
Generally speaking, there is also something called negotiating in good faith

Back to Sabonis... What does the template for a deal look like.

Pick, starter, young player?
Picks, young player?
Star?

Different combo?
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#409 » by Topofthekey » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:58 pm

City of Trees wrote:
Tom White wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

Picks, young player?
Star?

Different combo?

It was reported that Pacers wouldn't consider moving Sabonis unless a Vucevic type offer that Magic got, so use that as a baseline

A young player, a lottery pick, and a future FRP
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#410 » by City of Trees » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:04 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
Tom White wrote:

Picks, young player?
Star?

Different combo?

It was reported that Pacers wouldn't consider moving Sabonis unless a Vucevic type offer that Magic got, so use that as a baseline

Thank you.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#411 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:23 pm

City of Trees wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Generally speaking, there is also something called negotiating in good faith

Picks, young player?
Star?

Different combo?

Thank you.

To piggyback off Topofthekey, I would think that something that starts with Mitchell and your first this year (with reasonable protections like top 4 or top 5) would be a great start and get a package most of the way there. What the rest is? I don’t know. A month ago, I would’ve though we’d want a Barnes to steady the ship, but the ship is too far gone for us this year, so something else as filler/value could be figured out.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#412 » by City of Trees » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:39 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:It was reported that Pacers wouldn't consider moving Sabonis unless a Vucevic type offer that Magic got, so use that as a baseline

Thank you.

To piggyback off Topofthekey, I would think that something that starts with Mitchell and your first this year (with reasonable protections like top 4 or top 5) would be a great start and get a package most of the way there. What the rest is? I don’t know. A month ago, I would’ve though we’d want a Barnes to steady the ship, but the ship is too far gone for us this year, so something else as filler/value could be figured out.
Thompson and Harkless work financially. Thompson is expiring and I can't remember if Harkless' $4.5M next season is fully guaranteed or not.

Sounds like a fair deal to me.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#413 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:44 pm

City of Trees wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Thank you.

Thompson and Harkless work financially. Thompson is expiring and I can't remember if Harkless' $4.5M next season is fully guaranteed or not.

Harkless is fully guaranteed next year. The big issue is that we really have no use or need in a 1 for 3, and we don’t have the roster spots. We’d have to waive guys we like and need to take in Tristan and Hark, just to waive Tristan, and then we don’t have a roster spot for Lance because of Hark.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#414 » by Wizop » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:58 am

City of Trees wrote:Generally speaking, there is also something called negotiating in good faith

But rumors aren't offers. Pacers haven't been leakers so we really can't call a rumor bad faith bargaining.

I'd say the Pacers I'd most like to see traded as LeVert, Lamb, Holiday, Craig, and Turner in that order. I don't expect a Sabonis trade

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#415 » by City of Trees » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:46 am

Wizop wrote:

But rumors aren't offers. Pacers haven't been leakers so we really can't call a rumor bad faith bargaining.

I'd say the Pacers I'd most like to see traded as LeVert, Lamb, Holiday, Craig, and Turner in that order. I don't expect a Sabonis trade

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Please don't feel like my multiple 1sts take was aimed toward your squad.

Im old enough to remember a time when rumors didn't include multiple 1sts for non franchise players, that's all.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#416 » by City of Trees » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:00 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Harkless is fully guaranteed next year. The big issue is that we really have no use or need in a 1 for 3, and we don’t have the roster spots. We’d have to waive guys we like and need to take in Tristan and Hark, just to waive Tristan, and then we don’t have a roster spot for Lance because of Hark.
I see.

A combination of Mitchell, Bagley (exp), and Thompson (exp) works for Sabonis, Lamb, and a minimum salary filler if you have any.

That would make it 3 for 3 with no additional money on the books next season.

This deal is probably dead if you view Lamb as more than a salary filler
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#417 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:05 am

City of Trees wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Thompson and Harkless work financially. Thompson is expiring and I can't remember if Harkless' $4.5M next season is fully guaranteed or not.

I see.

A combination of Mitchell, Bagley (exp), and Thompson (exp) works for Sabonis, Lamb, and a minimum salary filler if you have any.

That would make it 3 for 3 with no additional money on the books next season.

This deal is probably dead if you view Lamb as more than a salary filler

Oh, you’d still have to include your 1st for sure. Bagley and Thompson are pretty close to just fillers. We could do that, waive Lance on his 10 day, and then just waive/buyout Thompson, and then re sign Lance to his rest of season deal.

We like Lamb. We don’t really need him. He’s relatively filler, but not a guy we’d care to dump, if that makes sense? His inclusion definitely wouldn’t break a deal though.

Ideally, I think we’d probably just prefer something around Turner for Mitchell (probably wouldn’t need a pick involved…maybe just a 2nd). Could probably only happen if his next scan a couple days before the deadline looks good and shows him just a week or so away, though.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#418 » by City of Trees » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:11 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:Oh, you’d still have to include your 1st for sure.
No doubt of course. 2022 1st top 5 protected. I'd go top 4 if Indy stood their ground but nothing higher.

Ideally, I think we’d probably just prefer something around Turner for Mitchell (probably wouldn’t need a pick involved…maybe just a 2nd). Could probably only happen if his next scan a couple days before the deadline looks good and shows him just a week or so away, though.

I'm open to this as well. Like I said on the other thread I'm intrigued with Turner and PJ. Both seem obtainable, too.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#419 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:37 am

City of Trees wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Oh, you’d still have to include your 1st for sure.
No doubt of course. 2022 1st top 5 protected. I'd go top 4 if Indy stood their ground but nothing higher.

I'm open to this as well. Like I said on the other thread I'm intrigued with Turner and PJ. Both seem obtainable, too.

I’d probably agree on both cases. I think both could be gotten for y’all. And it would only make sense for y’all to build something by adding fits around Fox/Hali/Barnes.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#420 » by Tom White » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:24 pm

Tom White wrote:It just hit me that one problem the Pacers might have with trading Holiday is his stupid stance on vaccination. Remember, some teams are in areas with vaccine mandates, so that would limit the trading partners. He likely has diminished his own value.

Just another reason to ship him out at the best opportunity.

So yesterday we were talking about this on here.

Then today, Boyd is in the Wiretap section with this:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265602/Justin-Holiday-Being-Unvaccinated-Could-Impact-His-Trade-Market

Interesting timing. I wonder if some writers read these forums? Not a big deal either way, but I thought it was humorous.

Return to Indiana Pacers