Read on Twitter
?s=21
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Re: Shams: Pacers Moving toward Rebuild; Receptive to Trade Talks 

Post#582 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:22 pm

We’re only $550k or so under the tax line, and Buddy could hit more bonuses, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see another deal for financial reasons. Likely smaller, though.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 926

Post#583 » by Tom White » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:28 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:We’re only $550k or so under the tax line, and Buddy could hit more bonuses, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see another deal for financial reasons. Likely smaller, though.

I really hope they don't let go of one of the young guys to avoid this. I dunno, maybe sending out Sykes with one of the 2nd round picks in exchange for a worse 2nd rounder might help. But I would hate to see that happen as well.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#584 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:31 pm

Tom White wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:We’re only $550k or so under the tax line, and Buddy could hit more bonuses, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see another deal for financial reasons. Likely smaller, though.

I really hope they don't let go of one of the young guys to avoid this. I dunno, maybe sending out Sykes with one of the 2nd round picks in exchange for a worse 2nd rounder might help. But I would hate to see that happen as well.

Oh, that wouldn’t help if we then filled the 15th spot. Realistically, it’d be a Tristan Thompson deal for a slightly smaller expiring? Or Rubio for a smaller expiring to then buyout. Or just word that Thompson might be giving back enough in a buyout to clear the space.

Definitely something small. But with a decent salary, not a tiny one.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#585 » by Tom White » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:34 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Oh, that wouldn’t help if we then filled the 15th spot. Realistically, it’d be a Tristan Thompson deal for a slightly smaller expiring? Or Rubio for a smaller expiring to then buyout. Or just word that Thompson might be giving back enough in a buyout to clear the space.

Definitely something small. But with a decent salary, not a tiny one.

HA! Those two are still new enough that I forgot to consider moves using either of them. Gotta bring my thinking up to date.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#586 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:23 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#587 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:30 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#588 » by Tom White » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:46 pm

Just a reminder: ESPN has a trade deadline special starting at 1:00 PM today. Show lasts until 4:00 PM. Could be some interesting last-minute stuff on it. Not sure who is hosting, but hoping they have Woj and others on.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#589 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:46 pm

Just a reminder for today:

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#590 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:47 pm

Tom White wrote:Just a reminder: ESPN has a trade deadline special starting at 1:00 PM today. Could be some interesting last-minute stuff on it. Not sure who is hosting, but hoping they have Woj and others on.

Also, I believe Shams is hosting his show online on Stadium at 2pm. Links in his Twitter profile or maybe google it? It’s available as an app on iPhones and AppleTV, for sure.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#591 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:56 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#592 » by Tom White » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:59 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Also, I believe Shams is hosting his show online on Stadium at 2pm. Links in his Twitter profile or maybe google it? It’s available as an app on iPhones and AppleTV, for sure.

Also available as an app on Amazon Fire TV devices. I would assume that the same is true for Roku or Chromecast? Not sure. Anyway, it is a freebee.

Also, I downloaded the app for my Amazon Fire Stick and the guide says Inside The Association starts at 1:00. Maybe Shams isn't scheduled to be on the show until 2:00? Can't say for certain.

Oh wait, I'm talking about Indiana time. I think I remember you saying you are in Ohio. Maybe that is why the difference in time?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#593 » by City of Trees » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:06 pm

The Kings get so much hate with everything they do, because you know KANGZ. This time it's Jalen & Jacoby, they said the Kings have committed NBA basketball malpractice with this trade and the NBA should have stepped in to stop it because you don't trade Haliburton. Smh, Domas is a freaking All-star!
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#594 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:09 pm

Tom White wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Also, I believe Shams is hosting his show online on Stadium at 2pm. Links in his Twitter profile or maybe google it? It’s available as an app on iPhones and AppleTV, for sure.

Also available as an app on Amazon Fire TV devices. I would assume that the same is true for Roku or Chromecast? Not sure. Anyway, it is a freebee.

Also, I downloaded the app for my Amazon Fire Stick and the guide says Inside The Association starts at 1:00. Maybe Shams isn't scheduled to be on the show until 2:00? Can't say for certain.

Oh wait, I'm talking about Indiana time. I think I remember you saying you are in Ohio. Maybe that is why the difference in time?

Ohio and most all of Indiana are same time zone.

They might be running a normal show at 1 and then a trade deadline special at 2.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#595 » by Tom White » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:12 pm

City of Trees wrote:The Kings get so much hate with everything they do, because you know KANGZ. This time it's Jalen & Jacoby, they said the Kings have committed NBA basketball malpractice with this trade and the NBA should have stepped in to stop it because you don't trade Haliburton. Smh, Domas is a freaking All-star!

I don't watch their show, but when was the last time Jalen & Jacoby said anything meaningful?
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#596 » by Tom White » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:24 pm

Have the Pacers EVER been more active during the trade deadline than this year? We have, what, five guys going out and four guys coming in.

As close to this as I can remember was the trade with Chicago involving Rose/Best and Artest/Miller/Mercer. Even that doesn't come close.

It's a good thing they put the names on the back of the jerseys. It will take a while for people to sort out the new players. :lol:
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#597 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:37 pm

Tom White wrote:Have the Pacers EVER been more active during the trade deadline than this year? We have, what, five guys going out and four guys coming in.

As close to this as I can remember was the trade with Chicago involving Rose/Best and Artest/Miller/Mercer. Even that doesn't come close.

It's a good thing they put the names on the back of the jerseys. It will take a while for people to sort out the new players. :lol:

Nope. In the last 5 or so years, we had the Oladipo/Levert swap mid year, the Granger for Evan Turner/Lavoy Allen swap, and we also took on Nik Stauskas and Wade Baldwin and waived them for a 2nd round pick. That's about it. Going further back, you get to the Artest swap you listed. This one was wild. For sure.
granger05
Bench Warmer
And1: 465

Post#598 » by granger05 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:54 pm

I'm very pleased with this deadline. I've liked Jalen Smith since the draft. He went too high, but that isn't his fault. I don't know that we'll be able to retain him, but I'd be pretty happy if we did.

One thing I notice when the Pacers blow it up...we don't have to attach picks to unload our contracts. All these guys were signed to good deals and we got paid to include them. Torrey Craig and Justin Holiday were solid signings. Hopefully, we keep this going when we have a larger chunk of cap space.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#599 » by Tom White » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:56 pm

granger05 wrote: ...we don't have to attach picks to unload our contracts. All these guys were signed to good deals and we got paid to include them.

Nice catch.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#600 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:01 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Return to Indiana Pacers