Image

Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 14,547
And1: 8,707
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#1 » by ducler » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:04 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
Pacers Forever
Senior
Posts: 669
And1: 143
Joined: Nov 21, 2020
     

Re: Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#2 » by Pacers Forever » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:41 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Everyone healthy except the obvious 2. I don’t get so many teams having so many players out for Covid ? Strange

Pacers had Justin, Carlisle, Boucek all at different times.
Tom White
Rookie
Posts: 1,131
And1: 542
Joined: Aug 27, 2001
Location: Indiana

Re: Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#3 » by Tom White » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:35 am

Pacers Forever wrote:Everyone healthy except the obvious 2. I don’t get so many teams having so many players out for Covid ? Strange

Pacers had Justin, Carlisle, Boucek all at different times.


I have a feeling some teams and players have been "fudging" the vaccination rate numbers. Which, if true, would be incredibly stupid.
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 12,640
And1: 2,343
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#4 » by Wizop » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:01 am

Unwatchable.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers Forever
Senior
Posts: 669
And1: 143
Joined: Nov 21, 2020
     

Re: Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#5 » by Pacers Forever » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:02 am

Yea I was wondering if players are going out in small groups and getting infected or what’s causing other teams to be down so many.
Pacers Forever
Senior
Posts: 669
And1: 143
Joined: Nov 21, 2020
     

Re: Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#6 » by Pacers Forever » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:19 am

Wizop wrote:Unwatchable.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app


Simon says this team is ok. So I guess we’ll be suffering through another lost season. They look horrible tonight.
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 12,640
And1: 2,343
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#7 » by Wizop » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:06 am

Pacers Forever wrote:
Wizop wrote:Unwatchable.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app


Simon says this team is ok. So I guess we’ll be suffering through another lost season. They look horrible tonight.
My son has been calling for losses for more than a month. Turns out they don't need to dump starters to get a high draft pick.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 35,161
And1: 7,210
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#8 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:14 am

Yeah, that was bad. I put my son to bed at halftime, and just didn't turn it back on.

I'm sure that a (theoretically) healthy Warren would solve a lot, but there's not enough here to salvage, I think. Pick one big. The choice at guard is made for you (Brogdon with the trade restriction and Duarte as the lotto pick). Probably no value for Warren since he's injured. Go from there.
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 12,640
And1: 2,343
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#9 » by Wizop » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:22 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:Yeah, that was bad. I put my son to bed at halftime, and just didn't turn it back on.


I switched to football in the first quarter. No need to put my son to bed. He's 42.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Topofthekey
Analyst
Posts: 3,466
And1: 1,327
Joined: Nov 18, 2017

Re: Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#10 » by Topofthekey » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:39 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:Yeah, that was bad. I put my son to bed at halftime, and just didn't turn it back on.

I'm sure that a (theoretically) healthy Warren would solve a lot, but there's not enough here to salvage, I think. Pick one big. The choice at guard is made for you (Brogdon with the trade restriction and Duarte as the lotto pick). Probably no value for Warren since he's injured. Go from there.

Even if he comes back after the All Star break and plays well the rest of the reason, do we really want to go into the next season counting on Warren to be available?

Pacers has been doing this for 2 years now, betting on injury prone players to be available

Do they really want to continue sitting at the gambling table thinking "come on, next year will be the year, I can feel it"
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 35,161
And1: 7,210
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#11 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:20 am

Topofthekey wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Yeah, that was bad. I put my son to bed at halftime, and just didn't turn it back on.

I'm sure that a (theoretically) healthy Warren would solve a lot, but there's not enough here to salvage, I think. Pick one big. The choice at guard is made for you (Brogdon with the trade restriction and Duarte as the lotto pick). Probably no value for Warren since he's injured. Go from there.

Even if he comes back after the All Star break and plays well the rest of the reason, do we really want to go into the next season counting on Warren to be available?

Pacers has been doing this for 2 years now, betting on injury prone players to be available

Do they really want to continue sitting at the gambling table thinking "come on, next year will be the year, I can feel it"


He had a terribly weird break. Otherwise, he put up a full healthy season in Indy. I don’t think he’s lame and has to be put down from one injury that is taking an appropriate length of time to recover.

But if the chance of injury worries you too much, you can deal him for nothing now. Just be careful, maybe half the league or more might qualify as “oft-injured” under this standard.
Topofthekey
Analyst
Posts: 3,466
And1: 1,327
Joined: Nov 18, 2017

Re: Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#12 » by Topofthekey » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:31 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Yeah, that was bad. I put my son to bed at halftime, and just didn't turn it back on.

I'm sure that a (theoretically) healthy Warren would solve a lot, but there's not enough here to salvage, I think. Pick one big. The choice at guard is made for you (Brogdon with the trade restriction and Duarte as the lotto pick). Probably no value for Warren since he's injured. Go from there.

Even if he comes back after the All Star break and plays well the rest of the reason, do we really want to go into the next season counting on Warren to be available?

Pacers has been doing this for 2 years now, betting on injury prone players to be available

Do they really want to continue sitting at the gambling table thinking "come on, next year will be the year, I can feel it"


He had a terribly weird break. Otherwise, he put up a full healthy season in Indy. I don’t think he’s lame and has to be put down from one injury that is taking an appropriate length of time to recover.

But if the chance of injury worries you too much, you can deal him for nothing now. Just be careful, maybe half the league or more might qualify as “oft-injured” under this standard.

No, Pacers don't need to dump him. His trade value is likely nil anyway as you mentioned

The correct approach with Warren is probably to just move on and build a team without him

If the team has a hole at SF, then go ahead and address that, either via trade or FA signing (prior to the season starting)

If he returns at some juncture, he can contribute off the bench. If he refuses to accept a bench role, then just trade him for scraps or let him walk in free agency
8305
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,772
And1: 356
Joined: Jun 11, 2009
     

Re: Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#13 » by 8305 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:24 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:Yeah, that was bad. I put my son to bed at halftime, and just didn't turn it back on.

I'm sure that a (theoretically) healthy Warren would solve a lot, but there's not enough here to salvage, I think. Pick one big. The choice at guard is made for you (Brogdon with the trade restriction and Duarte as the lotto pick). Probably no value for Warren since he's injured. Go from there.

I never liked the idea of continuing with the two centers or the Levert/Brogdan backcourt. Never would have guessed it would be this bad. I see no point in trading Warren unless he returns a solid young piece. Can’t see that happening. Use the back end of the season to see what Brogdan, Warren, surviving center, Duarte, Jackson, Goga, Brissett maybe Kuminga or Moody look like. Hopefully we gather enough information to make intelligent follow up moves over the summer.
User avatar
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 4,589
And1: 5,126
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
Location: Naptown
   

Re: Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#14 » by boomershadow » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:12 am

No Butler or Bam even.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 14,488
And1: 6,275
Joined: Sep 26, 2006
 

Re: Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#15 » by pacers33granger » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:26 am

We've been super lucky with covid and yet can't jump on this opportunity to take some games.

I know we have injuries. Still should at least be competitive with a team having just 3-4 rotation players able to suit up.

I had more fun watching the post brawl teams that were relying on Ike Diogu as the sole prospect for the future.

Sent from my SM-A716U using RealGM mobile app
Pacers Forever
Senior
Posts: 669
And1: 143
Joined: Nov 21, 2020
     

Re: Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#16 » by Pacers Forever » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:06 am

pacers33granger wrote:We've been super lucky with covid and yet can't jump on this opportunity to take some games.

I know we have injuries. Still should at least be competitive with a team having just 3-4 rotation players able to suit up.

I had more fun watching the post brawl teams that were relying on Ike Diogu as the sole prospect for the future.

Sent from my SM-A716U using RealGM mobile app


Agree that team obviously was less talented and still hustled and played inspiring games. I don’t see enough hustle and inspired play in our current group. Just certain players seem to go all out.
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 12,640
And1: 2,343
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#17 » by Wizop » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:33 am

pacers33granger wrote:We've been super lucky with covid


Vaccine works better than luck

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Tom White
Rookie
Posts: 1,131
And1: 542
Joined: Aug 27, 2001
Location: Indiana

Re: Game 32 @ Miami 7:30pm 

Post#18 » by Tom White » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:47 pm

Wizop wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:We've been super lucky with covid


Vaccine works better than luck


No doubt about it. As I said in another post, I think some teams/players and even the league are fudging their vaccination rates. In other words, besides being stupid they are lying.

Return to Indiana Pacers