Image

Laker fan. Myles Turner trade?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

SlimShady83
Head Coach
Posts: 7,067
And1: 854
Joined: Jun 19, 2012

Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#1 » by SlimShady83 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:56 am

never really post on other team forums.

But I'm curious to know If there is anyone outside of OUR BIG so called 3 that you guys would want for Myles Turner, he has been linked to Lakers for a while now and I quite like him, but mostly because he would take a load off "Mr Soft" AD and allow him to play the 4 easily ...

Any realistic options out there that you guys would want? ... I doubt Lakers would trade Bron/AD so they off the books, Westbrook contract probably too much?

Mostly leaves THT + others to get deal done??
Anthony Davis: Is the biggest softest big-man to ever play the game
Vorda
Senior
Posts: 666
And1: 128
Joined: Oct 02, 2017
       

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#2 » by Vorda » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:50 am

Ok, you have nothing to give... by
Tom White
Rookie
Posts: 1,131
And1: 542
Joined: Aug 27, 2001
Location: Indiana

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#3 » by Tom White » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:11 pm

SlimShady83 wrote:...he has been linked to Lakers for a while now...


Linked by whom? Must be LA sports types. Certainly no one around Indiana. That is one team I never hear (or see) mentioned.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 35,161
And1: 7,209
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#4 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:22 pm

Tom White wrote:
SlimShady83 wrote:...he has been linked to Lakers for a while now...


Linked by whom? Must be LA sports types. Certainly no one around Indiana. That is one team I never hear (or see) mentioned.


The only link is that an LA forum took Scott Agness’ report that the Lakers had interest in trying to acquire Turner last year, and then they misreported it as “Lakers we’re in discussion to acquire Turner this year”, which Agness struck down.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 35,161
And1: 7,209
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner tra 

Post#5 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:24 pm

SlimShady83 wrote:never really post on other team forums.

But I'm curious to know If there is anyone outside of OUR BIG so called 3 that you guys would want for Myles Turner, he has been linked to Lakers for a while now and I quite like him, but mostly because he would take a load off "Mr Soft" AD and allow him to play the 4 easily ...

Any realistic options out there that you guys would want? ... I doubt Lakers would trade Bron/AD so they off the books, Westbrook contract probably too much?

Mostly leaves THT + others to get deal done??

Legally, you’d have to deal THT and Nunn just for salary matching, but that’s nowhere close. Your only other player asset is maybe Reaves? In terms of draft picks, you can only guarantee that you can trade one future first in 2027 at this point of time. That’s just not a deal that Indy is likely to consider in any way.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 4,918
And1: 879
Joined: Aug 03, 2002
Location: Gold Coast
Contact:
   

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#6 » by luciano-davidwesley » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:03 am

We can't give you anything of value but can we please have Turner because Lakers? :lol:
JRoy
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,699
And1: 3,267
Joined: Feb 27, 2019
 

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#7 » by JRoy » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:13 pm

luciano-davidwesley wrote:We can't give you anything of value but can we please have Turner because Lakers? :lol:


So glad I am not alone in this observation.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all


I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 35,161
And1: 7,209
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#8 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:27 pm

JRoy wrote:
luciano-davidwesley wrote:We can't give you anything of value but can we please have Turner because Lakers? :lol:


So glad I am not alone in this observation.



Y’all, we’ve been witnesses to this for years. Like, We we’re commanded to trade JO, and Hibbert, and Artest, and all kinds of guys to LA for nothing.
JRoy
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,699
And1: 3,267
Joined: Feb 27, 2019
 

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#9 » by JRoy » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:24 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
JRoy wrote:
luciano-davidwesley wrote:We can't give you anything of value but can we please have Turner because Lakers? :lol:


So glad I am not alone in this observation.



Y’all, we’ve been witnesses to this for years. Like, We we’re commanded to trade JO, and Hibbert, and Artest, and all kinds of guys to LA for nothing.


‘Cause LAL
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all


I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Adrian Street
Junior
Posts: 365
And1: 82
Joined: Dec 21, 2021
         

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#10 » by Adrian Street » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:10 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
JRoy wrote:
luciano-davidwesley wrote:We can't give you anything of value but can we please have Turner because Lakers? :lol:


So glad I am not alone in this observation.



Y’all, we’ve been witnesses to this for years. Like, We we’re commanded to trade JO, and Hibbert, and Artest, and all kinds of guys to LA for nothing.



Celtics and Knicks fans are like that too. It's like they think they can always trade a pile of trash for a small market teams best players. It's especially funny coming from Knicks fans
JRoy
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,699
And1: 3,267
Joined: Feb 27, 2019
 

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#11 » by JRoy » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:19 am

Adrian Street wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
JRoy wrote:
So glad I am not alone in this observation.



Y’all, we’ve been witnesses to this for years. Like, We we’re commanded to trade JO, and Hibbert, and Artest, and all kinds of guys to LA for nothing.



Celtics and Knicks fans are like that too. It's like they think they can always trade a pile of trash for a small market teams best players. It's especially funny coming from Knicks fans


I disagree.

LAL are really bad about that, usually with the “you need to take this offer or lose him in FA”
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all


I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Adrian Street
Junior
Posts: 365
And1: 82
Joined: Dec 21, 2021
         

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#12 » by Adrian Street » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:13 am

JRoy wrote:
Adrian Street wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Y’all, we’ve been witnesses to this for years. Like, We we’re commanded to trade JO, and Hibbert, and Artest, and all kinds of guys to LA for nothing.



Celtics and Knicks fans are like that too. It's like they think they can always trade a pile of trash for a small market teams best players. It's especially funny coming from Knicks fans


I disagree.

LAL are really bad about that, usually with the “you need to take this offer or lose him in FA”


Knicks fans think they can get anyone they want because everyone dreams of being in NYC and playing in MSG.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 35,161
And1: 7,209
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#13 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:45 pm

Adrian Street wrote:
JRoy wrote:
Adrian Street wrote:

Celtics and Knicks fans are like that too. It's like they think they can always trade a pile of trash for a small market teams best players. It's especially funny coming from Knicks fans


I disagree.

LAL are really bad about that, usually with the “you need to take this offer or lose him in FA”


Knicks fans think they can get anyone they want because everyone dreams of being in NYC and playing in MSG.



I’ll be honest, I haven’t quite seen that from kicks fans at large. A few here and there, but they’ve been humbled quite a bit in the post Ewing era despite many attempts with max cap space.
Tom White
Rookie
Posts: 1,131
And1: 542
Joined: Aug 27, 2001
Location: Indiana

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#14 » by Tom White » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:49 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
I’ll be honest, I haven’t quite seen that from kicks fans at large. A few here and there, but they’ve been humbled quite a bit in the post Ewing era despite many attempts with max cap space.


With the Knicks, I think it is more the NY media feeding it. Crap tabloids like The Post, for example.

I think with the Celtics, it seemed to me that it was primarily Danny Ainge.
Tom White
Rookie
Posts: 1,131
And1: 542
Joined: Aug 27, 2001
Location: Indiana

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#15 » by Tom White » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:53 pm

Tom White wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
I’ll be honest, I haven’t quite seen that from kicks fans at large. A few here and there, but they’ve been humbled quite a bit in the post Ewing era despite many attempts with max cap space.


With the Knicks, I think it is more the NY media feeding it. Crap tabloids like The Post, for example.

I think with the Celtics, it seemed to me that it was primarily Danny Ainge putting stuff out there.
Adrian Street
Junior
Posts: 365
And1: 82
Joined: Dec 21, 2021
         

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#16 » by Adrian Street » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:59 pm

Yeah it is mostly the media with the Knicks. Some of the fans pick up the media attitude, thinking back to when they thought Reggie Miller would leave for NY at the first chance. Also, overheard a Knicks fan recently saying the Knicks might trade Randle or Barrett for Sabonis just to punish them by making them play in Indy.
Topofthekey
Analyst
Posts: 3,466
And1: 1,326
Joined: Nov 18, 2017

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#17 » by Topofthekey » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:08 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Adrian Street wrote:
JRoy wrote:
I disagree.

LAL are really bad about that, usually with the “you need to take this offer or lose him in FA”


Knicks fans think they can get anyone they want because everyone dreams of being in NYC and playing in MSG.



I’ll be honest, I haven’t quite seen that from kicks fans at large. A few here and there, but they’ve been humbled quite a bit in the post Ewing era despite many attempts with max cap space.

I feel the fan base of other teams, like 76ers, Celtics, Heat, Raptors, etc are worse right now
Tom White
Rookie
Posts: 1,131
And1: 542
Joined: Aug 27, 2001
Location: Indiana

Re: Laker fan. Myles Turner trade? 

Post#18 » by Tom White » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:56 pm

Adrian Street wrote:....they thought Reggie Miller would leave for NY at the first chance.


Reggie wanted to be a Knick so bad he could taste it. But instead, the Knicks signed Allan Houston, who was six years younger, and just as good a scorer. Don't fall for all the "loyalty" stuff he likes to spout out. If the Knicks had not signed Houston, Reggie was gone.

Return to Indiana Pacers