Caris LeVert traded to Cavaliers

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Re: Caris LeVert traded to Cavaliers 

Post#41 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 3:56 am

Topofthekey wrote:Cavaliers are acquiring him for a Rubio, 2022 lottery protected pick, and two 2RPs

Not a bad haul at all, though I would have wanted either Okoro or Osman in the deal as well

But what I really I want is to see him swap jerseys at halftime :lol:

Wow first step in the right direction for the Pacers!!

This is great for Indiana the 2nd is the Rockets #1 which is like getting a late #2, it will be top 3 in the 2nd round. Just need to draft well and make the most of this.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#42 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:02 am

Vorda wrote:this is disaster... we gave Levert for 20th pick... probably new Leaf... Pritchard has to be fired immediately

Dude LeVert was injury prone garbage ball player! Good riddance!
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#43 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:05 am

Pacers Forever wrote:In essence the Pacers got a late first and a second round pick from Utah for LeVert. In the process upgraded their second round from a Miami to a much better Houston pick. Not a huge haul but sets the table for team offense style of play.

Don't forget about addition by subtraction here! Not only does the team save $18 million next season but they get rid of that ball hogging 2 guard who thinks he's a star!! This makes room for Terry Taylor to play.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#44 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:10 am

Wizop wrote:
Tom White wrote:So, I guess this begs another question. With the seeming emergence of some of our young guys, do we actually end up using this 1st RP in the draft.

Were I gm I use it on a point guard. Our own first should have big wing as PBA.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app

Our #1 should be Keegan Murray of Iowa!
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#45 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:12 am

Vorda wrote:
Wizop wrote:
Vorda wrote:this is disaster... we gave Levert for 20th pick... probably new Leaf... Pritchard has to be fired immediately
It's a great trade. We didn't need a player in Duarte's way. We clear a second roster spot for draftee. Lamb will expire for other spot.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app

We got nothing, everyone expected Okoro or something better... Cavs 1st pick is a trash... when you make a trade you should get some good value... now we will be trash in next few years, maybe this is the end of the franchise in Indy

We did! We got out of LeHurt's $18 million salary for next year and we got a #1 pick and a high 2nd. Good players are found all the time in the late #1's and high #2's. Don't forget addition by subtraction we got rid of that ball hog.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#46 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:14 am

Vorda wrote:
Tom White wrote:
Vorda wrote:........maybe this is the end of the franchise in Indy

All because they traded stinkin' LeVert? Get serious, man.

I'm angry

Get over it man! LeHurt was never gonna help this team win, he's trash, I would have taken a bag of Cheetos.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#47 » by babyjax13 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:56 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:Granted, they employ people specifically to handle stuff like this, but yikes. :lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Rick is a weird guy, lol, think you all got a good trade, excited to see what Duarte and Washington do with the extra time (and Taylor, depending on how the rotation shakes out).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#48 » by Pacersike » Mon Feb 7, 2022 9:59 am

Got to admire the confidence to draft well this time at 2. and 3. . All created thoughts, because no reality to back it up. Jackson result is years away from being convincing.

I expected a player with some experience in return, but this is a good way to position ourselves in the draft or even better for future trades.

I wish Malcolm was the SG we would trade to make room for Duarte, but when the Pacers aren't mediocre enough, I guess the panic mode is higher than it should be and patience isn't high. PG Duarte LeVert 6th man. That was my idea of our future, because Chris should be starting, Malcolm plays best at SG too and is not energetic enough to be sixth man.

Unless we get a Simmons type of player (which doesn't exist, he is so special), Malcolm has to be moved as well. Teams will want him, no doubt about that, he is a very good player, just needs a playmaker next to him.

Let's go Pacers! The future can be so bright!
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#49 » by 8305 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 10:27 am

I’m very pleased with return for Levert. Good for him moving to a contending team. Pacers have real live draft capital this off season. Something to look forward to.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#50 » by Pacersike » Mon Feb 7, 2022 10:40 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

This man should be the leader of our organisation.

This event should spark 'I can do better' feelings, because as I typed, keeping LeVert was a good option if you trade Brogdon and a big.
Keeping Malcolm now, isn't.

In case of our guards, patience had to be shown, to really test the market for Brogdon first.

Rick can do better than this.
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,367

Post#51 » by xBulletproof » Mon Feb 7, 2022 10:45 am

LeVert as much as I'm glad we traded for him (maybe saved his life, **** basketball) I just don't like him as a player. He's an inefficient shot creator.

I actually thought he was a better shooter before we got him. As I dove into his game after the trade waiting for him to play, I realized he isn't a good shooter. I feel like we have too many of those types of guys (add Lance now, too, ugh).

I am thrilled with this deal. I'm near the point if you can't shoot, I don't want you here unless you're elite at something else. Myles anchors the defense even when he's struggling (we are giving up 124 PPG in the games he's missed, and worst in the NBA is 117 overall).

I'm pretty well ready for whoever to go.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#52 » by Tom White » Mon Feb 7, 2022 11:59 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:Granted, they employ people specifically to handle stuff like this, but yikes. :lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Everything he said last night was a bit strange. He seemed a little....uhh....disconnected.....from himself....from everything.

Maybe the losing and the idea of rebuilding are taking a toll. It can't be easy on anyone in the organization.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#53 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Feb 7, 2022 1:54 pm

Tom White wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Everything he said last night was a bit strange. He seemed a little....uhh....disconnected.....from himself....from everything.

Maybe the losing and the idea of rebuilding are taking a toll. It can't be easy on anyone in the organization.

Maybe moreso on Carlisle, as his family have stayed in Dallas to allow his daughter to finish high school. Gotta imagine that’s hard being away for a year.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:13 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#55 » by Wizop » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:15 pm

Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 715

Post#56 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:29 pm

I’m thinking Carlisle’s demeanor was two fold.
He’s got a reserved sense of hope and excitement that the Pacers rebuild will work better which he can’t be tacky and publicly show with the departure of LeVert.

Secondly, he said he couldn’t elaborate much due to NBA not processing the trade yet.

He has to put on the public face we’re happy for Caris to get a new opportunity while inside losing a person he enjoyed being around and coaching even though it wasn’t leading to successful results. Thus the trade.
I’m sure LeVert will do well in Cleveland especially if he tries to fit into their system of play. He’s not a problem just a talented player who needs to grow.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#57 » by Topofthekey » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:41 pm

I just wish the pick was only top 8 protected instead

Because there's a chance that Cavaliers could slip to 7th-10th on the standings, and then somehow collapse in the play ins

There is a realistic chance that the pick ends up being in the #9-14 slot

Btw, what happens if the pick does not convey?

Do we lose out on the pick completely, or does it just get pushed back another year?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#58 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:52 pm

Topofthekey wrote:I just wish the pick was only top 8 protected instead

Because there's a chance that Cavaliers could slip to 7th-10th on the standings, and then somehow collapse in the play ins

There is a realistic chance that the pick ends up being in the #9-14 slot

Btw, what happens if the pick does not convey?

Do we lose out on the pick completely, or does it just get pushed back another year?

Haven’t seen it reported yet. Will wait to see when RealGM adds it to their board.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#59 » by Pacers_Freak » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:07 pm

I hope we find a way to get Collison to come back and play for us.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#60 » by Tom White » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:38 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:

I hope we find a way to get Collison to come back and play for us.

Keep that up and Vorda will be on suicide watch.

Return to Indiana Pacers