Game 57 vs Cleveland 7:00pm

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Game 57 vs Indiana 7:00pm 

Post#21 » by City of Trees » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:56 am

I'm rockin with Haliburton till the end.

Some context, while Hali was at Iowa State, I was in the Kings forum calling for the Kings to draft him.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#22 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:58 am

I'm absolutely shocked Buddy has 8 assists tonight. His career high is 9.

Duarte and Hali going to be a fun tandem for years to come. Much more natural fit.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#23 » by Wizop » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:03 am

Starting to feel like yet another close loss.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,297

Post#24 » by boomershadow » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:06 am

This is quite a pleasant surprise.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#25 » by City of Trees » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:17 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I'm absolutely shocked Buddy has 8 assists tonight. His career high is 9.

Buddy sharing the Love
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#26 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:19 am

Even without Garlandas, they are a very good team.

And RRondo is like miles of a better PG than Cari.

They turned the tables over.

Clutch time.
They should be superior here but some of our guys could go berserk and win it.

Wishful thinking.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#27 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:20 am

City of Trees wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:I'm absolutely shocked Buddy has 8 assists tonight. His career high is 9.

Buddy sharing the Love

If I'm Indiana I'm figuring out how to dump Buddy this summer no matter what. Those 8 assists are a fluke.

I've already seen multiple possessions where he insists on running the point and Hali doesn't get to touch it.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 713

Post#28 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:27 am

Unbelievable but the tank is a powerful force.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#29 » by Wizop » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:31 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

Buddy sharing the Love

If I'm Indiana I'm figuring out how to dump Buddy this summer no matter what. Those 8 assists are a fluke.

I've already seen multiple possessions where he insists on running the point and Hali doesn't get to touch it.
I'm okay with Buddy once we get a true SF so Duarte can start at SG and Buddy comes off the bench

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#30 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:32 am

Well... if you enter clutch time and you turn over or waste the 24s clock like 8 times, you just can't win.

Hali is a beast but he's not a legit controlling-game PG (not yet).
Nobody into this roster apparently is, out of Brogdon and (somehow) Stephentroll.

But it was a funny game, Pacers played well and it's a brand new team, lacking yet automatism and coordination.

They'll get better.

If better enough to not ride an armoured van tuned with cannons remains to be seen.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Wizop
RealGM

Post#31 » by Wizop » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:38 am

Turner and Jackson would've helped a lot but ping pong balls are good and we need Cavs to stay out of lottery.

Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#32 » by Topofthekey » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:38 am

Pacers Forever wrote:Unbelievable but the tank is a powerful force.

Commander Thompson reporting for duty
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#33 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:41 am

Wizop wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Buddy sharing the Love

I'm okay with Buddy once we get a true SF so Duarte can start at SG and Buddy comes off the bench

In theory that would be great. My only caution about that is Buddy thinks hes better than he is. He wants to start. We dealt with this same reaction. Once we can move him to the bench he will be fine, right?

He then sulks coming off the bench, never wants to pass because he knows his minutes are limited. And some reason every coach insists on him closing out games.

I know Hali was sad to leave Sac, but ultimately this will be good for him. He can lead a team himself, not share with 2 other point guards. But just as Hali will seize opportunity, Buddy is thinking this is his 2nd chance to become a star outside of Sacramento. Unwilling to accept a team role.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by Topofthekey » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:43 am

Wizop wrote:Turner and Jackson would've helped a lot but ping pong balls are good and we need Cavs to stay out of lottery.

The team looked great for stretches. Jackson and Haliburton played well. Nudged the Cavs pick one step closer towards conveying. Our tank rolls on

Everything is good
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#35 » by Tom White » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:49 am

Well, a disappointing end, but still a lot of fun in this game. Especially for a team that has so many new pieces and so little time to work together. I'd say the future is looking good.

Did we ride some of the guys for too many minutes early in the game? Maybe. I guess time will tell. I think we saw one thing though. We have some of the remaining players who will not be able to play at this pace with the younger guys. If Goga keeps getting minutes, will he need to be a guy who plays depending on match-ups? Will Turner be able to play with these guys, at this pace? I don't see a fit for Brogdon, but everyone knows I don't care for his game anyway, so.....

Oddly enough, I think one turning point was when Jackson had to leave the game. We missed his athleticism and length.

We shouldn't take anything away from Cleveland. They are a really good team.

Anyway, I think we have a lot to look forward to.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 400

Post#36 » by Grang33r » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:52 am

That was fun. We got a glimpse of what the future could look like. Not saying they would score 47pts in a quarter again, that was heavily driven by the 10 3s, but the way they pushed the ball up court, played fearless offensive basketball and were shooting at will.

But they ran out of gas and their youthfulness appeared against a stout Cavs defense. Missed free throws (Duarte & Hield), many turnovers and Cavs causing Pacers to face the shot clock on almost every possession in the 4Q. Impressive game by the Cavs. They are legit, essp on defense. Credit to them.

As for Pacers, i think theres more positives from this game then negatives. Just hope I.Jackson is okay.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Adrian Street
Rookie
And1: 319

Post#37 » by Adrian Street » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:01 am

I really liked Jackson, Smith, Brissett, Duarte and Haliburton together. Duarte is the old man of the 5.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 713

Post#38 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:24 am

A lot of good observations. Pacers played an adrenaline inspired first half and I knew the second half would be hard to keep that pumped up over a really good Cavaliers team.

Allen kills us repeatedly on the boards giving his teammates second chance opportunities. Love is having a great run lately and their bench depth can score. They’re also a team who turns up the defense in the fourth quarter.

As for the Pacers I liked Brissett’s inspired play tonight and for now I bet he’s seeing that opportunity is once again his like last season.

Love Isiah Jackson’s hops and motor. He’s continuing to grow into his offensive roll.

As noted by others Tyrese played some good basketball tonight and also struggled at times trying to get his teammates involved throwing it away. I’m sure his turnovers will be low as they mesh as a team. Lance was steady tonight.

I thought Buddy played best of the new players tonight. Salute

I thought Goga 10 minutes 0-3 for zero points 1 rebound 1 block 1 turnover and 3 fouls couldn’t keep up thus Rick resorted to Smith and then Thompson to play center with the loss of Isaiah. Smith obviously is not a 5. I thought he flashed some, but he’s young like Isiah and learning on the fly. I hope to see more contributions from him as he matures.

I thought Duarte played very well at times, however he’s still struggling when the shot clock gets low and has to learn when to make a move to get a better shot before the clock runs out. As for that matter the Pacers need to execute better before they get in a shot clock bind. One of these days I think they’ll grow out of the shot clock issues.

Did I miss Caris, Justin, Jeremy, Torrey, or Domas ? Only Domas and only because of Jackson’s injury. The fast break offense erased the need for dominating center play as Jackson was just enough along with Brissett to battle their bigs.

All things said add Turner, McConnell, and hopefully Warren and I think the team is better than pre deadline. Not sure if Brogdon will fit the fast paced attack or slow it down to a crawl. I’m still of the opinion that they’re a long way from the top 6 teams in the East.

It’s going to take a lot of growth by our youngsters and at least a couple more key pieces next year to make a big jump up.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by Topofthekey » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:10 am

At around 0:24, you can see the possession where Goga foiled an alley oop attempt by Jarrett Allen:

Goga is the only player on the team who has the size and strength to match up with some of the bigger and stronger opposing bigs

I think Goga like Domas is suffering from Carlisle's lack of creativity in using bigs
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#40 » by 8305 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:42 pm

Its really easy to like Haliburton. I think he and Duarte will fit nicely.
Would a true pg be a strategic get with our likely pick #8 or so? Say Ty Ty Washington.
Goga getting fewer minutes than Tristen Thompson? What the hell is that?
Put me in the camp of getting Buddy Heild outa here asap.

Return to Indiana Pacers