Oshae Brissett

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 400

Oshae Brissett 

Post#1 » by Grang33r » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:13 am

I can't get over how good this guy plays. He came in last season from the G league after a 10 day contract and really took full advantage of his chance. This season he's had some struggles but this guy just sometimes shows flashes of being more part of the future then not. He's only 23.

Tonight against the best defense in the NBA the Celtics, this guy gets 24pts, where he scored 12 in the 3Q, 6 3PT and 4 REB.

What do you guys think about what his role is for the future?
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Re: Oshae Brissett 

Post#2 » by 8305 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:49 am

Pacers should be looking to extend him this summer. He’s worth way more than a minimum contract that isn’t even guaranteed.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#3 » by Wizop » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:39 pm

Grang33r wrote:What do you guys think about what his role is for the future?

I think he starts either at 3 or 4 next year. which may depend upon Warren and the draft.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#4 » by Tom White » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:09 pm

He seems to fit much better with this current scheme/lineup/you-name-it. He looks much more comfortable and everything he does seems to come from a more natural flow.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#5 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:22 pm

8305 wrote:Pacers should be looking to extend him this summer. He’s worth way more than a minimum contract that isn’t even guaranteed.

Technically, we can’t extend him since it hasn’t been 2 years since he first signed with us. We could, however, decline his team option and sign him to a new deal in restricted free agency, but then he’s a free agent and could sign an offer with anyone. Though, we could match.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#6 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:00 pm

From the utmost ignorance about INDianos FO's habits and still not watching the BOS game, I'd say is always better to friendly negotiate with the player/his agents than waiting to risk RFA market.

And please, nobody mention anti-tampering rules 'cause I'm easily bursting into laughs these days.

But all depends on the franchise's interest into keeping the player and the player's interest on staying with the team, 'course.
Any input about the degree of both interests?
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#7 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:00 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:From the utmost ignorance about INDianos FO's habits and still not watching the BOS game, I'd say is always better to friendly negotiate with the player/his agents than waiting to risk RFA market.

And please, nobody mention anti-tampering rules 'cause I'm easily bursting into laughs these days.

But all depends on the franchise's interest into keeping the player and the player's interest on staying with the team, 'course.
Any input about the degree of both interests?

They have not yet come to a point where any sort of long term interests could be negotiated, so how interested either side is would be unknown. I would assume Indy would have interest in keeping him, based on the fact they haven’t waived him yet. After that, no one but Oshae and the front office would know how interested either side is.

In the past, we had Sumner in a similar position and declined his option, while negotiating a multi year deal. Could be the same this time with Oshae?
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 710

Post#8 » by Pacers Forever » Tue Mar 1, 2022 12:10 am

I’m not surprised with his performance since last season’s debut.

It’s understandable his ups and downs but I was hoping he’d have been more consistent this season. I just have to remember he’s in a learning process and getting better.

I believe he’s solidly in the Pacers future plans due to his age and low cost to roster.

Return to Indiana Pacers