Post#1 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Mar 5, 2022 12:21 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Re: Game 65 at Detroit 7pm 

Post#2 » by Wizop » Sat Mar 5, 2022 12:26 am

We aren't defending Bey outside. They aren't stopping Brogdon's drives.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 715

Post#3 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Mar 5, 2022 12:33 am

First observation tonight is Haliburton has deferred so much to Brogdon initiating offense that he’s disappeared from the offense. Or Brogdon is playing hero ball I can’t tell. I’m not upset with Brogdon scoring but I’m hopeful he involves Tyrese.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#4 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Mar 5, 2022 12:44 am

As Wizop noted Pacers just aren’t closing out and guarding the 3 point shooter. Pistons 8 of 9 from 3 SMDH :banghead:
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#5 » by Tom White » Sat Mar 5, 2022 1:11 am

Pacers Forever wrote:First observation tonight is Haliburton has deferred so much to Brogdon initiating offense that he’s disappeared from the offense. Or Brogdon is playing hero ball I can’t tell. I’m not upset with Brogdon scoring but I’m hopeful he involves Tyrese.

Brogdon ignores Halliburton at times. I know the TV guys like to talk about how well they play together, but that isn't what I'm seeing. Haliburton only got three shots in the first half.

I still say that Brogdon is more interested in getting his own. I'd like to see a stat that tells you what percent of possessions during which X player handles the ball does he get an assist. Or even what they call a hockey assist. I think that might give some more insight.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#6 » by Wizop » Sat Mar 5, 2022 1:11 am

Cut it to 3 at halftime after looking like we'd give up 70 or more. Could be a lot worse.

Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#7 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Mar 5, 2022 1:17 am

Watching this first half really reminds me of how the Pacers are at least 2 maybe 3 solid starters away from being a top playoff contender. Thus our lottery season.

Brogdon, Haliburton, and Hield starting isn’t enough. No offense to the rest of the healthy players although valuable works in progress they’re not at starter level as most of the league has solid healthy experienced starters. Sure they’ve cobbled together some inspirational performances but we know that’s not consistent.

Missing Turner and Warren really stacks the odds against winning nightly. Front office has some work to do to add 2 solid starters for next season if they don’t want more than this season as a rebuild.

I just don’t see anyone on the roster currently who is experienced enough to be those solid players except the two injured players. Very young team experience wise and need a big (3 4 or 5) player who’s an experienced scorer as guard position is solid. Just rambling :)
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by Tom White » Sat Mar 5, 2022 1:28 am

The Pacers possession at 8:35 of the 3rd quarter is what I'm talking about. Brogdon is handling the ball up top, just to the left of center. He has Haliburton wide open for a 3 at the right top of the key. Instead of passing to him, Brogdon tries to drive the left side of the lane and gets trapped. He then basically throws the ball wildly and we get a shot clock violation. Annoying and not what we needed.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#9 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Mar 5, 2022 2:13 am

Dang might need to trade with Pistons for Bay to shoot 3’s
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by Tom White » Sat Mar 5, 2022 2:18 am

The last time I saw a Pacer miss as many layups as Brogdon? It was Jeff Foster.

Even Quinn just said "They may have to take the ball out of his hands".
Wizop
RealGM

Post#11 » by Wizop » Sat Mar 5, 2022 2:31 am

Fans of the tank like my son happy. We just stink after two-ah. Odds of climbing above 5 very small.

Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#12 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Mar 5, 2022 2:35 am

It’s really hard to figure out if they’re so bad that recent losses to OKC, Orlando, and Detroit are tanking related/bad team karma OR
it’s due to bad defense, bad offense sets, bad coaching game plan, lack of healthy talent as I mentioned above, unfamiliarity of playing together with new players since the trade deadline.

Very confusing how Pacers lost to 3 of the worst teams in the league. Granted they beat Celtics as everything clicked and Celtics had a bad night and they barely beat Orlando.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by Tom White » Sat Mar 5, 2022 2:44 am

Pacers Forever wrote:.....it’s due to bad defense, bad offense sets, bad coaching game plan, lack of healthy talent as I mentioned above, unfamiliarity of playing together with new players since the trade deadline.

This reminds me of the old McDonalds promotions for their give-away toys: Collect All Six!!

In other words, they likely all play a part.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#14 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Mar 5, 2022 3:03 am

Tom White wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:.....it’s due to bad defense, bad offense sets, bad coaching game plan, lack of healthy talent as I mentioned above, unfamiliarity of playing together with new players since the trade deadline.

This reminds me of the old McDonalds promotions for their give-away toys: Collect All Six!!

In other words, they likely all play a part.

Smiling and laughing.

Oh well Wizards up next and they’re a 10 players deep rotation trying to get into the play in scenario(which I doubt happens) and figure out which pieces fit with Beal next season.

They lost by 3 to Atlanta tonight. Should be another long night of guarding the 3 point line as they were 14 of 29 tonight.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#15 » by Wizop » Sat Mar 5, 2022 3:07 am

Cleveland Tuesday. We would like them to drop to 6th but no lower.

Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#16 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Mar 5, 2022 3:35 am

Wizop wrote:Cleveland Tuesday. We would like them to drop to 6th but no lower.

Do you mean 6th in the East ? That’s where they’re at currently and I don’t see anyone of Toronto, Brooklyn, Atlanta, or Charlotte passing them.
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#17 » by 8305 » Sat Mar 5, 2022 11:29 am

Didn’t see the game but based on the box score looks like way too much Brogdan and Hield at the expense of Hali. Solid tanking strategy, but this will be just as painful to watch as Brogdan/Levert. That box score screams volumes as to why Pacers and Kings barely have 20 wins. Allowing two veteran guards to have rolls they don’t have the talent to justify.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by Tom White » Sat Mar 5, 2022 11:57 am

8305 wrote:Didn’t see the game but based on the box score looks like way too much Brogdan and Hield at the expense of Hali.

Neither player shot well, but at least Hield gave good contributions in rebounding and assists.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#19 » by Wizop » Sat Mar 5, 2022 1:11 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:
Wizop wrote:Cleveland Tuesday. We would like them to drop to 6th but no lower.

Do you mean 6th in the East ? That’s where they’re at currently and I don’t see anyone of Toronto, Brooklyn, Atlanta, or Charlotte passing them.
Yes. Don't want them to fall to playin. Their pick is lottery protected.

Wizop
RealGM

Post#20 » by Wizop » Sat Mar 5, 2022 1:14 pm

8305 wrote:Didn’t see the game but based on the box score looks like way too much Brogdan and Hield at the expense of Hali. Solid tanking strategy, but this will be just as painful to watch as Brogdan/Levert. That box score screams volumes as to why Pacers and Kings barely have 20 wins. Allowing two veteran guards to have rolls they don’t have the talent to justify.
Hali needs to work on left hand. Eastern teams are learning to stay on his right.

Return to Indiana Pacers