Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,878

Re: Rd 2, pick 31, Pacers select Andrew Nembhard 

Post#41 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri Dec 2, 2022 8:35 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:Y'all will be very pleased with Nembhard. He's highly slept on.
He doesn't have all-star potential but he's good at everything and plays hard. You have yourself a legit backup PG for years to come.
Think of him as a Tyus Jones level play and we all saw how important Tyus was to the Grizzlies to the season.

Haliburton-Nembhard is a terrific PG duo to build on for years to come.

Also please leave some Canadians for the rest of us, lol.

Y'all got some solid young Canadian pieces - Mathurin, Nembhard, Duarte, Brissett

Sorry for this random bump.

Curious to see what Pacers fans think of Nembhard this season.

I'm gonna says a few teams who passed on him in the late first round are gonna wish they'd taken him. He looks very solid.

Yup I wanted my Raps to draft him. I always saw him as a first round worthy selection even tho 99% of the board disagreed with me.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#42 » by pacers33granger » Fri Dec 2, 2022 11:01 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:Y'all will be very pleased with Nembhard. He's highly slept on.
He doesn't have all-star potential but he's good at everything and plays hard. You have yourself a legit backup PG for years to come.
Think of him as a Tyus Jones level play and we all saw how important Tyus was to the Grizzlies to the season.

Haliburton-Nembhard is a terrific PG duo to build on for years to come.

Also please leave some Canadians for the rest of us, lol.

Y'all got some solid young Canadian pieces - Mathurin, Nembhard, Duarte, Brissett

Sorry for this random bump.

Curious to see what Pacers fans think of Nembhard this season.
As you can see, we're fans. You definitely nailed it with that original post.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 716

Post#43 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Dec 3, 2022 2:10 am

Love Nembhard’s passing abilities, and his offense is better than most rookie secondary guards in previous years we drafted.

Love how he sees the floor, mobility to close out shooters, length as a defender, and taking on the opponents best scorers defensively.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 716

Post#44 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Apr 8, 2023 7:59 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:Love Nembhard’s passing abilities, and his offense is better than most rookie secondary guards in previous years we drafted.

Love how he sees the floor, mobility to close out shooters, length as a defender, and taking on the opponents best scorers defensively.

We got a steal in the draft we now know. His role the first part of the season was being a defensive player for Rick in the starting lineup to offset the other offensive minded players.

Then Tyrese goes down and Nembhard eventually got the role of point guard to see what his capabilities were.

Positives were that he still had great court vision with a pass first mentality. He made some nice drives for easy buckets and also is learning to make close in jumpers like TJ. He made some very strong passing assists and was able to knock down the 3 at 35% with 2 point FG 50 %. Overall 43% His defense was a solid addition for a rookie.

Improvement area would be shooting accuracy and less dribbling into having to take forced shots. Less forced turnovers mostly on passes. I’m sure he’ll work on stamina and strength.

I was impressed that he wasn’t a wasted bench pick like Aaron Holiday. Impressive Rookie season and based on draft position outplayed it greatly. Should make second team all rookie.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#45 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:04 pm

Such a great pick. With Ty Haliburton entrenched ahead of him, he seems like an inevitable trade candidate down the line. He should net a pretty solid return when that time comes.

Read on Twitter
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,072

Post#46 » by Wizop » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:13 pm

Given that he starts next to Haliburton, I wouldn't expect him to be traded.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,072

Post#47 » by Wizop » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:21 pm

Read on Twitter
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.

Return to Indiana Pacers