Trades and Transactions?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,929

Re: Trades and Transactions? 

Post#141 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Feb 2, 2023 2:09 am

Wizop wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:. Still have room for the draft picks next year.

Turner C.
Collins PF
Hesmith SF
Buddy SG
Hali PG

2nd unit

Jackson/Goga
Jackson/Nesmith
Duarte
Ben Mathurin
Nembhard, TJ

You don't think we're going to draft anyone who will earn a spot in a 10 man rotation? I'd certainly do a small trade now for a Vanderbilt or a McDaniels, but say we fall into the lottery and draft Brandon Miller, or draft lower and get Kris Murray. Feel free to substitute anyone you like more. Would you really want to pay Collins 20mm to limit their PT?

Maybe but it depends on where in the order we end up drafting. I was just listing the guys we have now. I'd like to win, watching this team play like donkey's is no fun. Collins is at a low point, I don't think the Hawks are gonna pay to dump him, but getting him for Smith/Theis would be a bargain even if we have to add the boston pick. I do think that Collins needs a change of scenery and our team can help him revitalize his career, he's only 25 as of today.

McDaniels might be ok but remember he's a UFA because the Hornets screwed up his contract early on so there is no Bird rights. As for Vanderbilt the Jazz fans thing he's worth 2 or more #1 picks, don't ask me how.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,265

Post#142 » by boomershadow » Thu Feb 2, 2023 4:01 pm

I don't know that Collins is my favorite player available out of any name the Pacers have been connected to. But I do know it'd be nice to have a natural power forward play that position for a change instead of a guy that seems more built to play the 5 or the 3.
Solid
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#143 » by Solid » Fri Feb 3, 2023 8:54 pm

I watched a 70 min video from "Setting the Pace". The two guys (an Alex and a "Fox" I think) offered 14 trade ideas for the Pacers.
I'll list them in the approximate order of their believability/excitement level. The last ones being their favorites.
I imagine you're like me and enjoying all the possibilities. So have a look and share your thoughts:
1. Hornets. Jalen McDaniel for T Taylor and the Rocket's pick (31).
2. Rockets. Tari Eason and Mo Harkless for J Smith, the Boston 1st, Houston 2nd.
3. Nugs. Bones Hyland for TJ and the Boston pick.
4. Clips. Mosses Brown and a 2nd for Theis
5. Utah. Vanderbilt for Either TT, or Brissett plus either our pick, or the other two '23 firsts we hold.
6. Spurs. Goga for '24 Lakers 2nd
7. Knicks. Obi Topin for Duarte OR J Smith, plus the Cleveland pick.
8. Wiz. Will Barton and a '25 2nd for Theis.
9. Wolves. J Smith plus Boston pick for Jaden McDaniel's and filler. This call was ridiculed by the other guy (Alex) as being way
optimistic, saying we'd have to probably add Duarte and another first to get them interested.
10. Clips. Amir Coffey for J Smith
11. Hawks. Collins for Smith, Duarte and our pick. I'm guessing the price has dropped from that in recent days?
12. Magic. Isaac and '25 Denver 1st for Goga, Duarte and the Miami '25 2nd.
13. Raps. OG for Our pick, the Cav's pick, Jackson and Duarte.
14. Hawks. Collins and Justin Holiday for Buddy, J Smith, the Cav's 1st and The Houston 2nd.
note: This was a long ass video and I suck at typing so I hope you guys appreciate my effort.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,053

Post#144 » by Wizop » Fri Feb 3, 2023 9:22 pm

Solid wrote:I watched a 70 min video from "Setting the Pace". The two guys (an Alex and a "Fox" I think) offered 14 trade ideas for the Pacers.

Facci not Fox
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#145 » by Tom White » Fri Feb 3, 2023 9:45 pm

Solid wrote:I watched a 70 min video from "Setting the Pace". The two guys (an Alex and a "Fox" I think) offered 14 trade ideas for the Pacers.

This is why these guys are doing podcasts instead of working in a front office.

14. Hawks. Collins and Justin Holiday for Buddy, J Smith, the Cav's 1st and The Houston 2nd.
note: This was a long ass video and I suck at typing so I hope you guys appreciate my effort.

This one should disqualify them from even having a podcast.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,142

Post#146 » by TB » Fri Feb 3, 2023 9:53 pm

What would it take to get Goga to the Warriors?

Any interest in Wiseman straight up? You'd be on the hook for his contract next year, but might be worth the high risk reward of eventually mixing him in with Smith and Jackson in a year or two if Turner leaves.

Warriors desperately need a backup center, and Goga seems more ready for winning basketball than Wiseman currently is.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Post#147 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Feb 3, 2023 10:03 pm

TB wrote:What would it take to get Goga to the Warriors?

Any interest in Wiseman straight up? You'd be on the hook for his contract next year, but might be worth the high risk reward of eventually mixing him in with Smith and Jackson in a year or two if Turner leaves.

Warriors desperately need a backup center, and Goga seems more ready for winning basketball than Wiseman currently is.

After extending Turner, basically anything should get you Goga. They might could take Wiseman for free in that, but adding another young center means that Wiseman is in the same spot next year that Goga is in this year….buried behind et centers and already competing with 2 other young centers (Jackson and Jalen Smith) for minutes.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#148 » by Wizop » Fri Feb 3, 2023 10:06 pm

Pacers need a 4 and I assume since your payroll is so high you'd rather send us a bigger contract than Goga's. I'd start by saying I'd give you Goga and the Boston first for Kuminga. you'd probably ask for the higher of the Boston or Cavs first if not still more. perhaps you'd rather send two smaller contracts.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,142

Post#149 » by TB » Fri Feb 3, 2023 10:56 pm

Yup unfortunately the only combo of smaller salaries for warriors would be like J Green, Iggy, Rollins +2nd rounders... but Iggy has some sort of handshake deal with front office to have a spot so I doubt he can be traded as filler.

And Kuminga is way too valuable to Warriors to trade for Goga, as much as I like Goga. Even with a 1st I think Warriors really found something with Kuminga and have him as untouchable unless its for a superstar package.

I suppose Moody is an option, but I think Warriors would want more for Moody. If you guys don't think Goga is as good as Jackson or Smith, I'd have a hard time losing Moody for a backup C.

I'd do the Wiseman trade from the Warriors side, even though I'm pretty sure the front office is dead set on proving he wasn't a bad pick. But only works if Pacers want to take a flier on Wiseman thinking Smith or Jackson can play some PF too down the road.

thanks for the responses!
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#150 » by 8305 » Sun Feb 5, 2023 12:54 pm

Goga for Patrick Baldwin?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#151 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Feb 5, 2023 1:46 pm

8305 wrote:

Goga for Patrick Baldwin?

Because GS is over the tax, they can only take back 125% of whatever they send out (plus $100k), salary wise. To take back Goga and his $4.765m salary, GS would have to send out a minimum of $3,732,271.20 in salary. Baldwin only makes $2.226m in salary, so not enough to match.

Moody would just barely match, but Indy would owe value there. Baldwin and either Iggy or Green would work salary wise, but that doesn’t work for GS. Maybe something around Indy dealing Goga, Oshae, and either the Celtics or Cavs first for Moody/Wiseman? But that only works if GS just wants off of Wiseman completely.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 400

Post#152 » by Grang33r » Sun Feb 5, 2023 7:13 pm

Tom White wrote:

This is why these guys are doing podcasts instead of working in a front office.

This one should disqualify them from even having a podcast.

I actually enjoy their podcast. They come off more as fan boys as dudes trying to break into the industry. I haven't listened to this pod yet but when they go over ideas like trades and such they do characterize them by how realistic or not it is and just throwing an idea out there because they love a player or something. But overall i think they do their homework on which players and make solid arguments for their ideas.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#153 » by Grang33r » Sun Feb 5, 2023 7:16 pm

I'll list them in the approximate order of their believability/excitement level. The last ones being their favorites.
I imagine you're like me and enjoying all the possibilities. So have a look and share your thoughts:
1. Hornets. Jalen McDaniel for T Taylor and the Rocket's pick (31).
2. Rockets. Tari Eason and Mo Harkless for J Smith, the Boston 1st, Houston 2nd.
3. Nugs. Bones Hyland for TJ and the Boston pick.
4. Clips. Mosses Brown and a 2nd for Theis
5. Utah. Vanderbilt for Either TT, or Brissett plus either our pick, or the other two '23 firsts we hold.
6. Spurs. Goga for '24 Lakers 2nd
7. Knicks. Obi Topin for Duarte OR J Smith, plus the Cleveland pick.
8. Wiz. Will Barton and a '25 2nd for Theis.
9. Wolves. J Smith plus Boston pick for Jaden McDaniel's and filler. This call was ridiculed by the other guy (Alex) as being way
optimistic, saying we'd have to probably add Duarte and another first to get them interested.
10. Clips. Amir Coffey for J Smith
11. Hawks. Collins for Smith, Duarte and our pick. I'm guessing the price has dropped from that in recent days?
12. Magic. Isaac and '25 Denver 1st for Goga, Duarte and the Miami '25 2nd.
13. Raps. OG for Our pick, the Cav's pick, Jackson and Duarte.

Thank you for posting this. If nothing else it's nice reading banter material.

Any other Pacers centric you recommend? I listen to this one, Scott Agness and the sideline guys.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#154 » by Wizop » Sun Feb 5, 2023 7:23 pm

Grang33r wrote:
Any other Pacers centric you recommend? I listen to this one, Scott Agness and the sideline guys.

Locked on Pacers with Tony East is on YouTube.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#155 » by Grang33r » Sun Feb 5, 2023 7:28 pm

Wizop wrote:
Grang33r wrote:

I will check this out.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#156 » by Wizop » Sun Feb 5, 2023 7:36 pm

Grang33r wrote:
Wizop wrote:
Grang33r wrote:

I will check this out.

There's also Locked on Colts and Locked on NBA Big Board on the draft.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#157 » by Grang33r » Sun Feb 5, 2023 7:53 pm

Wizop wrote:
Grang33r wrote:
Wizop wrote:

I will check this out.

I follow the Sabres and Bills living in Buffalo, and ive tried locked on Bills and locked on Sabres podcasts and both are pretty poor, more of a basic recap, about 30 min per episode, so i think thats why i never tried Tony East's pod. I do enjoy his twitter and writing.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#158 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Feb 5, 2023 7:55 pm

Grang33r wrote:
Wizop wrote:
Grang33r wrote:

I will check this out.

Tony's probably the best balance of everything. He's the one with the most CBA/Cap rules knowledge, for sure. He also does pretty well with his understanding of the Pacers, their play, their fit in the league, and with players around the association. Scott is the absolute best if you're looking for every single detail about the Pacers franchise, but maybe lacking the placement of it in the league at large, sometimes? Facci and Alex (Setting the Pace) are straight up "fanboi's", which has it's time and place, but they're more like sports radio drive time type shows. Caitlin Cooper and Mark Schindler used to be great on Indy Cornrows, but SB Nation just cut support for the entire site, so maybe keep an ear out for wherever Caitlin Cooper ends up at, as she is the absolute best (in the US, maybe?) at deep takes on actual game play? Mark is an interesting listen, but tends to do more of an "entire NBA" type thing, and is especially good at the women's game (both college and WNBA).
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#159 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Feb 5, 2023 7:57 pm

Grang33r wrote:
Wizop wrote:
Grang33r wrote:
I will check this out.

I follow the Sabres and Bills living in Buffalo, and ive tried locked on Bills and locked on Sabres podcasts and both are pretty poor, more of a basic recap, about 30 min per episode, so i think thats why i never tried Tony East's pod. I do enjoy his twitter and writing.

Yeah, the Locked on network is REALLLY hit or miss on a show by show basis based almost solely on the quality of their hosts. Some of them are on the way up, and using Locked on as a spring board, and some are just hanging on and put almost nothing into the quality of the shows.

Tony's one of the ones that should be on the way up. The Locked on Colts and Hoosiers sites are meh, at best.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#160 » by Wizop » Sun Feb 5, 2023 8:04 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:The Locked on Colts and Hoosiers sites are meh, at best.

It might be a low bar, but Locked on Colts was much better this year. George Bremmer on Blue Horseshoes is good on Colts.

Return to Indiana Pacers