Trades and Transactions?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Re: Trades and Transactions? 

Post#161 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Feb 5, 2023 8:08 pm

Well, Brooklyn moved Kyrie quick. Let’s hope this opens the flood gates for some moves and we can use our other $10m and make some moves around the edges for some actual PF’s. :dontknow:
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 404

Post#162 » by Grang33r » Sun Feb 5, 2023 8:15 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Grang33r wrote:
Wizop wrote:
Locked on Pacers with Tony East is on YouTube.

I will check this out.

Tony's probably the best balance of everything. He's the one with the most CBA/Cap rules knowledge, for sure. He also does pretty well with his understanding of the Pacers, their play, their fit in the league, and with players around the association. Scott is the absolute best if you're looking for every single detail about the Pacers franchise, but maybe lacking the placement of it in the league at large, sometimes? Facci and Alex (Setting the Pace) are straight up "fanboi's", which has it's time and place, but they're more like sports radio drive time type shows. Caitlin Cooper and Mark Schindler used to be great on Indy Cornrows, but SB Nation just cut support for the entire site, so maybe keep an ear out for wherever Caitlin Cooper ends up at, as she is the absolute best (in the US, maybe?) at deep takes on actual game play? Mark is an interesting listen, but tends to do more of an "entire NBA" type thing, and is especially good at the women's game (both college and WNBA).

Yeah i'm wondering what Caitlin does. Shes so great. I honestly think i've learned more about basketball, essp. schemes and stuff, from her then anyone else in my life. Never understood how she didn't get a more mainstream gig? Hope she has something in the works.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#163 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Feb 5, 2023 8:24 pm

Grang33r wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Grang33r wrote:
I will check this out.

Tony's probably the best balance of everything. He's the one with the most CBA/Cap rules knowledge, for sure. He also does pretty well with his understanding of the Pacers, their play, their fit in the league, and with players around the association. Scott is the absolute best if you're looking for every single detail about the Pacers franchise, but maybe lacking the placement of it in the league at large, sometimes? Facci and Alex (Setting the Pace) are straight up "fanboi's", which has it's time and place, but they're more like sports radio drive time type shows. Caitlin Cooper and Mark Schindler used to be great on Indy Cornrows, but SB Nation just cut support for the entire site, so maybe keep an ear out for wherever Caitlin Cooper ends up at, as she is the absolute best (in the US, maybe?) at deep takes on actual game play? Mark is an interesting listen, but tends to do more of an "entire NBA" type thing, and is especially good at the women's game (both college and WNBA).

Yeah i'm wondering what Caitlin does. Shes so great. I honestly think i've learned more about basketball, essp. schemes and stuff, from her then anyone else in my life. Never understood how she didn't get a more mainstream gig? Hope she has something in the works.

She’s talked about having talks with some bigger gigs, but having some family situations at this time keeping her close to home.

I have no idea why the Pacers haven’t figured something out for her, even if just piecemeal right now doing write ups for their website or something. :dontknow:
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,073

Post#164 » by Wizop » Sun Feb 5, 2023 8:29 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
I have no idea why the Pacers haven’t figured something out for her, even if just piecemeal right now doing write ups for their website or something. :dontknow:

She could do x and o features for the pregame show.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 404

Post#165 » by Grang33r » Sun Feb 5, 2023 8:54 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Grang33r wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:She’s talked about having talks with some bigger gigs, but having some family situations at this time keeping her close to home.

I agree. When I was younger, the person who really got me into sports journalism and why it was a dream for me as a kid (never worked out) was Conrad Brunner on pacers.com. He was excellent essp at bringing up the non obvious stuff. Caitlin would’ve been excellent in that role imo.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 718

Post#166 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Feb 5, 2023 9:03 pm

Just my impression of Caitlin is that she enjoys being out of the spotlight doing her deal. She’s so knowledgeable but I get the feeling she isn’t comfortable with tv gigs after watching her on a few podcasts ?

I hope she can find a new gig covering the Pacers.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#167 » by Tom White » Sun Feb 5, 2023 9:58 pm

Grang33r wrote:Never understood how she didn't get a more mainstream gig? Hope she has something in the works.

If you are thinking about outlets like ESPN, she would never cut it because she doesn't just yell everything (Screaming A Smith) or say really stupid stuff (Jalen Rose) every time she speaks.

Sports talk is at a real low point.
Solid
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#168 » by Solid » Tue Feb 7, 2023 2:08 pm

Trades mentioned a couple of days ago by Joe Lyon at 8.9 Seconds and his grades for them.
5. Magic: Isaac for Duarte. A.
4. Hornets: PJ Washington, Oubre for Theis, McConnell, Duarte. A.
3. GSW: Moody, Baldwin for J Smith. A+.
2. Clips: Kennard, Coffey for Hield, Smith, '23 2nd and '28 1st. C.
1. NOP, Knicks: Obi, Herb Jones for Hield. (NOP gets Fournier). B-.
Solid
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#169 » by Solid » Tue Feb 7, 2023 2:25 pm

Trades mentioned by Nicolas Pring from 8.9 Seconds.
1. Raps: Anunoby and Porter for Duarte, Jackson, Theis,'23 (Cleveland), unprotected '25 1st.
"...with the Pacers having full control of their draft capital, in addition to having some from other clubs, dangling two first-round picks — one of which projects to be in the high 20s — seems just right."
2. Jazz: Vanderbilt, Simone Fonticcio for Gogs and 2x '23 2nds (via SAS & Mia). He approves.
3. Jazz: Vanderbilt for Goga and '23 1st (Boston).
"...dangling away a first-rounder for his services should be the line that the Pacers should not flirt with crossing, especially if it is the lone move they make before the trade deadline to improve the roster. After all, Isaiah Jackson, Jalen Smith, and even Daniel Theis can suffice..."
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,540

Post#170 » by Kalela » Tue Feb 7, 2023 7:59 pm

Celtics fan here. I come in peace. I had a question for Pacers fans. Would you guys be happy with an Isaiah Jackson for Grant Williams trade?
Fire Mazzulla
Wizop
RealGM

Post#171 » by Wizop » Tue Feb 7, 2023 8:26 pm

Kalela wrote:Celtics fan here. I come in peace. I had a question for Pacers fans. Would you guys be happy with an Isaiah Jackson for Grant Williams trade?

I don't know but we wouldn't hang up the phone. would you take back your 2023 FRP and give us your 2024? We have too many picks this year.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#172 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Feb 7, 2023 11:22 pm

Kalela wrote:Celtics fan here. I come in peace. I had a question for Pacers fans. Would you guys be happy with an Isaiah Jackson for Grant Williams trade?

I'd rather make it Jalen Smith.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#173 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Feb 7, 2023 11:23 pm

I'm kinda getting board with the Trade/Trans page offers they seem stale and out of touch. Especially the offers I keep seeing for Turner, most are laughable at best.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#174 » by boomershadow » Wed Feb 8, 2023 12:01 pm

I will be extremely disappointed if we do absolutely nothing at the deadline. Having 5 bigs when we are playing small at the 4 spot makes zero sense.

I would love to see them snag Collins or OG, but even if it's just a move around the edges or trading Goga for a 2nd it would seem better than standing still.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#175 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Feb 8, 2023 12:56 pm

boomershadow wrote:I will be extremely disappointed if we do absolutely nothing at the deadline. Having 5 bigs when we are playing small at the 4 spot makes zero sense.

I would love to see them snag Collins or OG, but even if it's just a move around the edges or trading Goga for a 2nd it would seem better than standing still.

Yup. If just Goga for Bazeley and Theis for Covington, I’ll feel fine about the deadline. Those types of “my garbage for your garbage” type moves.

I can’t imagine they trade for Collins though. Not after talking about the quality locker room they need to protect.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#176 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Feb 8, 2023 1:06 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
boomershadow wrote:I will be extremely disappointed if we do absolutely nothing at the deadline. Having 5 bigs when we are playing small at the 4 spot makes zero sense.

Yup. If just Goga for Bazeley and Theis for Covington, I’ll feel fine about the deadline. Those types of “my garbage for your garbage” type moves.

I can’t imagine they trade for Collins though. Not after talking about the quality locker room they need to protect.

Also, I’d like to see them use their $10m in cap space for SOME payment. Somehow.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#177 » by Wizop » Wed Feb 8, 2023 2:23 pm

while we certainly need a 4 for next season and I'd trade Goga for a bag of wet noodles, I see no urgency. if the lack of a trade drops us out of the play-in, that is okay by me.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#178 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Feb 8, 2023 2:47 pm

Wizop wrote:

while we certainly need a 4 for next season and I'd trade Goga for a bag of wet noodles, I see no urgency. if the lack of a trade drops us out of the play-in, that is okay by me.

I mean, there should be some urgency. Trade deadline is in less than 30 hours. :dontknow:
Wizop
RealGM

Post#179 » by Wizop » Wed Feb 8, 2023 3:10 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:I mean, there should be some urgency. Trade deadline is in less than 30 hours. :dontknow:

well sure. if there is a trade to be made now that helps the team not just this year but in the long run, it must be made quickly. But I don't care if we climb back into the playoffs this year, and so I'm willing to be patient and make our moves at draft time. I think Pritchard feels the same way excepting of course the receipt of the proverbial offer you can't refuse.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#180 » by Wizop » Wed Feb 8, 2023 4:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Indiana Pacers