Jordan Nwora

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 400

Jordan Nwora 

Post#1 » by Grang33r » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:34 am

I can't help but be impressed by this kid.

20 points tonight (7-12 shooting) and 3-6 from 3PT, including 6 rebounds and 2 steals.

This was his 8th straight double digit scoring game. In comparison, prior to the trade he only had 9 double digit scoring games all season with the Bucks. He's played 11 games with Indiana.

14-33 from 3PT in his last 7 games. He's rebounded well. Has passed well.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Re: Jordan Nwora 

Post#2 » by 8305 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:21 am

Hard to tell at this time of year. Two years ago I had Oshae pegged as a starting level player. I’m inclined to think of Nwora as Oshae’s replacement.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#3 » by Wizop » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:06 am

I expect the draft to give us a 4 who'll share time with Nwora. Nesmith moves to 3.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#4 » by Grang33r » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:24 am

8305 wrote:Hard to tell at this time of year. Two years ago I had Oshae pegged as a starting level player. I’m inclined to think of Nwora as Oshae’s replacement.

Very true about Brissett. He came in really hot too.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#5 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:01 am

8305 wrote:Hard to tell at this time of year. Two years ago I had Oshae pegged as a starting level player. I’m inclined to think of Nwora as Oshae’s replacement.

Looks that way right now I can't really see Oshae being resigned.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#6 » by Wizop » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:18 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:

I think we'd have to trade several draft picks for him to keep his spot over a rookie.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#7 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:42 pm

Wizop wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

I think we'd have to trade several draft picks for him to keep his spot over a rookie.

Yeah with the 3 #1's and high 2nd we are likely to have he's looking like a roster spot right now.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 710

Post#8 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Apr 8, 2023 7:27 pm

Looking at Nwora’s season ending stats we saved him from getting lost on the Bucks bench. His stats improved significantly after the trade and made his season stats equal out prior seasons.

I don’t know if he can become any more than a consistent bench or role player but I believe he’s a keeper short term.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#9 » by Wizop » Sat Apr 8, 2023 8:32 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:Looking at Nwora’s season ending stats we saved him from getting lost on the Bucks bench. His stats improved significantly after the trade and made his season stats equal out prior seasons.

I don’t know if he can become any more than a consistent bench or role player but I believe he’s a keeper short term.

I think the season starts with him as the 4 and Nesmith as the 3 with a rookie backing up one or both. I won't be surprised if the rookie starts later in the year but if Buddy is on the second unit, they may keep Nwora on the first unit as a shooter.
Adrian Street
Rookie
And1: 319

Post#10 » by Adrian Street » Sun May 21, 2023 1:12 am

Wizop wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:Looking at Nwora’s season ending stats we saved him from getting lost on the Bucks bench. His stats improved significantly after the trade and made his season stats equal out prior seasons.

I think the season starts with him as the 4 and Nesmith as the 3 with a rookie backing up one or both. I won't be surprised if the rookie starts later in the year but if Buddy is on the second unit, they may keep Nwora on the first unit as a shooter.

If we draft Walker or Hendricks then I move Nwora to 3 where he belongs and have him compete with Nesmith for the starting spot at 3. If we draft Ausar or Whitmore, I play the rookie at 3 and trade for a legit PF lke Toppin or Collins. We need to quit being forced to play people out of position.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#11 » by Wizop » Sun May 21, 2023 1:22 am

Adrian Street wrote:I move Nwora to 3 where he belongs

I think Nwora is tall enough to be a 4 but we do need to sign a veteran forward. I wouldn't let the draft force his position.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Adrian Street
Rookie

Post#12 » by Adrian Street » Sun May 21, 2023 1:59 am

Wizop wrote:

I think Nwora is tall enough to be a 4 but we do need to sign a veteran forward. I wouldn't let the draft force his position.

I just think getting a REAL PF will make a huge difference for this team. I don't want to see another season where the Pacers try to compete with the PF position being filled by backup C's, SF's and even G's. Last season we tried every position at PF except a legit PF
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 710

Post#13 » by Pacers Forever » Sun May 21, 2023 2:11 am

Adrian Street wrote:
Wizop wrote:

I just think getting a REAL PF will make a huge difference for this team. I don't want to see another season where the Pacers try to compete with the PF position being filled by backup C's, SF's and even G's. Last season we tried every position at PF except a legit PF

I agree that it’s a must to get a muscular rebounding PF in the starting lineup. The second unit I could see a taller scorer type forward who can defend with length. I could go for a veteran or a rookie in either scenario.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#14 » by Topofthekey » Sun May 21, 2023 2:42 am

Adrian Street wrote:
Wizop wrote:

If we draft Walker or Hendricks then I move Nwora to 3 where he belongs and have him compete with Nesmith for the starting spot at 3. If we draft Ausar or Whitmore, I play the rookie at 3 and trade for a legit PF lke Toppin or Collins. We need to quit being forced to play people out of position.

Collins is a bad contract, and Toppin averaged 5.4 RPG per 36 minutes

I understand the need for a PF, but those are some pretty desperate options

Honestly we might be better off just playing Nwora or Nesmith at PF than going for either of those two
Adrian Street
Rookie

Post#15 » by Adrian Street » Sun May 21, 2023 3:20 am

Topofthekey wrote:
Adrian Street wrote:
Wizop wrote:

Honestly we might be better off just playing Nwora or Nesmith at PF than going for either of those two
per

Toppin averaged 17 pts and 6.4 rebs, 5.4 defensive. Toppin always seems to shine way beyond those numbers when he plays starter minutes, as he did in 2 late season games against the Pacers when he had 66 points in 2 games. Collins is a bad contract now but it was just a couple years ago that he was a 20 ppg 10 rpg player and he's only 25. Put either Toppin or Collins with Haliburton and Turner and either of them will be near all-star level. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#16 » by Topofthekey » Sun May 21, 2023 4:00 am

Adrian Street wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:
Adrian Street wrote:

per

Toppin averaged 17 pts and 6.4 rebs, 5.4 defensive. Toppin always seems to shine way beyond those numbers when he plays starter minutes, as he did in 2 late season games against the Pacers when he had 66 points in 2 games. Collins is a bad contract now but it was just a couple years ago that he was a 20 ppg 10 rpg player and he's only 25. Put either Toppin or Collins with Haliburton and Turner and either of them will be near all-star level. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so

Toppin seems to only produce big stats when playing in meaningless games though

Collins has a permanently damage finger. He hasn't been the same player since
Adrian Street
Rookie

Post#17 » by Adrian Street » Sun May 21, 2023 1:30 pm

Toppin usually only gets starter minutes in meaningless games. He did get minutes in a playoff game against Miami and managed 18 pts and 8 rebs. Collins still has big games just less often than he used to have them. I would bet on either of them getting turned around playing with Haliburton. I would also be fine with other young guys like Kuminga or Pat Williams. I'm basically looking for young PF's who I think will likely look a lot better on the Pacers than they do currently
Wizop
RealGM

Post#18 » by Wizop » Fri Jun 2, 2023 6:17 pm

setting the pace interviews Jordan on its latest podcast.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#19 » by Grang33r » Sat Jun 3, 2023 6:45 am

Wizop wrote:setting the pace interviews Jordan on its latest podcast.

Those 2 guys are landing some big interviews lately. Big fan of their pod, mainly bc you can tell how much they work to improve it and their passion for pacers and basketball is unmatched.

Return to Indiana Pacers