Pacers - Pelicans 2-28 and 3-1

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,074

Pacers - Pelicans 2-28 and 3-1 

Post#1 » by Wizop » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:07 pm

One thread for Wednesday and Friday should suffice.

Read on Twitter
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 719

Re: Pacers - Pelicans 2-28 and 3-1 

Post#2 » by Pacers Forever » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:37 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=9ViPZrC6T8ng6kcZke0I5g

Have to say I am glad Doug is out and hopefully Jarace gets a few minutes tonight.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#3 » by Pacers Forever » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:14 am

Read on Twitter

Carlisle has settled into the same lineup. Mathurin probably exits once Nesmith is healthy.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#4 » by Wizop » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:26 am

Read on Twitter
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#5 » by Pacers Forever » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:15 am

After 1 Pacers 40-24. Pelicans look tired from their b2b game and plane trouble last night.

Hopefully they don’t get right tonight.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#6 » by Wizop » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:33 am

Mathurin hitting 3's and missing bunnies.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#7 » by Wizop » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 am

Whew
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#8 » by Pacers Forever » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:19 am

Wizop wrote:Mathurin hitting 3's and missing bunnies.

Felt like a few players were missing shots they normally hit. Nice win and kept just enough defensive pressure to stay in the lead. So much easier to defend the lead than to have to overcome a deficit to win.

Double doubles from Haliburton, Siakam, and Turner. Efficient support efforts from Toppin, Smith, and McConnell. Crucial 3’s from Sheppard and Nembhard. Steady game from Mathurin. Everyone contributes tonight.

Will be nice to get some depth back with Nesmith soon.
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,249

Post#9 » by itrsteve » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:22 am

Celtics fan checking in but I was in the Fieldhouse tonight on a work trip rooting for you guys. Solid win!
Wizop
RealGM

Post#10 » by Wizop » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:42 am

itrsteve wrote:Celtics fan checking in but I was in the Fieldhouse tonight on a work trip rooting for you guys. Solid win!

Thanks
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#11 » by Pacers Forever » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:50 am

itrsteve wrote:Celtics fan checking in but I was in the Fieldhouse tonight on a work trip rooting for you guys. Solid win!

Did you have a good time visiting our field house ?
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#12 » by Pacers Forever » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:53 am

It was nice to see Tyrese take over the game down the stretch like we saw him doing early season. I was sitting here thinking Siakam is not involved and boom Tyrese finds him 3 times in closing.
itrsteve
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by itrsteve » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:37 am

Pacers Forever wrote:

Absolutely! Always love visiting Indy in general but that's a fantastic venue. Great energy as well but mostly cool seeing how many kids were wearing Haliburton jerseys, you guys are going to be in good hands for a long while.

That's the last of the nice things I'm going to say, playoffs are coming :)
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#14 » by Pacers Forever » Fri Mar 1, 2024 12:27 am

itrsteve wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:

Absolutely! Always love visiting Indy in general but that's a fantastic venue. Great energy as well but mostly cool seeing how many kids were wearing Haliburton jerseys, you guys are going to be in good hands for a long while.

Thanks and glad you enjoyed. Of course if you see the Celtics often you have possibly the best team league wide this season to watch. I’m a big fan of Brad Stevens. Not a fan of Ainge except as a player. As a GM he’s ruthless and credit to him for his successes. I know nothing about your new venue but remember seeing the old garden and parlay floor on tv.
itrsteve
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by itrsteve » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:36 am

Pacers Forever wrote:
itrsteve wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:

Thanks and glad you enjoyed. Of course if you see the Celtics often you have possibly the best team league wide this season to watch. I’m a big fan of Brad Stevens. Not a fan of Ainge except as a player. As a GM he’s ruthless and credit to him for his successes. I know nothing about your new venue but remember seeing the old garden and parlay floor on tv.

Thanks for loaning Brad to us. The dude is a wizard.

My big sports takeaway from Indy is that it’s a serious basketball town (which you already know). I was on a two day trip jam packed with customer visits and everrrrybody bleeds basketball. Understanding the birthplace and all that, but it was impressive. Beyond impressive.

I live in Raleigh where we have Duke/UNC which is arguably one of the greatest rivalries in the game and after that it’s football or nothing.

It’s very very rare to find anybody that gives half a crap about basketball here (NCAA or NBA) outside of that one rivalry.

In Indy, everybody gave a crap. I had a ton of great dialog with people on the topic, which I rarely see in my hometown (even among my own friends). I was sitting next to a coworker I’ve never met and we’re talking Danny Granger, Hibbert, young PG and he’s going RGM deep in a casual conversation. I never run into that in NC

I’m trying to talk my wife into moving. It’s not going to work
Wizop
RealGM

Post#16 » by Wizop » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:50 pm

itrsteve wrote:My big sports takeaway from Indy is that it’s a serious basketball town (which you already know).

it's the whole State. we have high school gyms that seat 10,000 in places like Anderson and New Castle. think Friday Night Lights but basketball here not football as in Texas. whole towns show up for the Friday night games.

and there is an appreciation for team play. a local sports writer used to write about the city game and the country game. the college equivalent of the country game might be the Princeton teams of a few years ago. sure we love Tyrese but we really love that he's so much more than a one on one scorer. he makes his teammates better. the Pacers are at their best when the ball is moving and that's Indiana basketball.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Post#17 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Mar 1, 2024 8:58 pm

itrsteve wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:
itrsteve wrote:

Thanks for loaning Brad to us. The dude is a wizard.

My big sports takeaway from Indy is that it’s a serious basketball town (which you already know). I was on a two day trip jam packed with customer visits and everrrrybody bleeds basketball. Understanding the birthplace and all that, but it was impressive. Beyond impressive.

I live in Raleigh where we have Duke/UNC which is arguably one of the greatest rivalries in the game and after that it’s football or nothing.

It’s very very rare to find anybody that gives half a crap about basketball here (NCAA or NBA) outside of that one rivalry.

In Indy, everybody gave a crap. I had a ton of great dialog with people on the topic, which I rarely see in my hometown (even among my own friends). I was sitting next to a coworker I’ve never met and we’re talking Danny Granger, Hibbert, young PG and he’s going RGM deep in a casual conversation. I never run into that in NC

I’m trying to talk my wife into moving. It’s not going to work

If you’re still in town, high school sectionals started this week, so you should check out a round somewhere. I know a lot are already sold out for tonight, though!
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#18 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:02 am

Read on Twitter
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#19 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:05 am