1/2/08 - Vs. Memphis

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

dew07
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#21 » by dew07 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:22 am

Pacers point guards tonight ( 4-19 ) with 4ast / 7 to .... Owens has started the last two game ( 78mins ) = 3 total assists. Where is Travis ?
APerna
Editor
And1: 1

Post#22 » by APerna » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:29 am

Diener got some run in the final minutes, but he needs to be AT LEAST splitting time with Owens.
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#23 » by SD2042 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:33 am

PacerPerspective wrote:Or vice versa...

You were right. Personally with the way both team were playing in the first half. Neither one of them took advantage of either one's miscues. In the second half, eventually the Grizz took advantage to get their first win @Conseco Fieldhouse. It was a long time coming too.
APerna
Editor

Post#24 » by APerna » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:36 am

Congrats. SD2042...it was good to see Conley get some serious run as well.
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#25 » by mizzoupacers » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:38 am

Jamaal, please come back! I'm begging you, man.

With no Tinsley on Friday, and with the tough West Coast trip coming up, I've got a really bad feeling that our Pacers have sniffed .500 for the last time this season. Hope they prove me wrong.
APerna
Editor

Post#26 » by APerna » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:33 am

I was thinking the same thing Mizzou...Lord, I hope we're wrong.
+ PF
ajizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#27 » by ajizzle » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:13 am

Can anybody tell me why we've completely abandoned our motion offense? I just don't get it. When Steve Nash sat out l/y, the Suns didn't throw in the towel on offense and settle for Amare in the post every trip down the court. They subbed in Barbosa, tweaked a thing here or there, and then continued to play their style. Whenever Magic went down w/ the Lakers, they didn't just throw it into Kareem every time, they still ran their uptempo.

I know Jamaal is the engine of this team, but his injury shouldn't hinder us from running... Quisy played w/ Dallas before he got here. And we already see how ineffective our offense is when JO gets it in the post (Hell, we've seen that for 3 years now).

I don't claim to be the smartest person, but isn't the definition of madness defined as doing the same thing over and over, yet hoping to get a different result? It's MADNESS to think that JO is all of a sudden gonna turn into Hakeem or KG and start to nail that fadeaway at least 50% of the time. It's MADNESS to think that the same offense in which Dunleavy and Danny were terrible in l/y is gonna just automatically start working this season. I just don't get it...

Can somebody explain the rationale to me, just so I don't think I'm crazy???
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#28 » by mizzoupacers » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:28 pm

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

--Albert Einstein

There ya go, there's your quote of the day. :wink:

I think the problem is mostly that we are missing Tinsley and don't really have a viable backup pg. Depending on where we pick next summer and who is available, a point guard is high on my shopping list.

Return to Indiana Pacers