1/13/08 - IND @ GS

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

ajizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#61 » by ajizzle » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:48 am

Tinsley was pretty good tonight, but w/ good shooters like Travis, Shawne, and Andre on the bench, why is he in? Again, I know Obie's trying to instill confidence in Jamaal, but not at the expense of the team.

There's a reason that most clutch players are good to great shooters... It's not a f'ing coincidence. Both of his former clutch players in Pierce and AI were good shooters... Don't change up now, Jim!

Overall, good effort. Impressive JO (After all those years of complaining about being the Center, maybe he needs to go this route). Still haven't seen Danny get a shot at the last shot... waiting...
JarrettJackSG
Rookie

Post#62 » by JarrettJackSG » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:58 am

I think he had a shot at the last shot around 10 games back, IIRC.
Rest in Peace, Pacerfan
Will eat crow if Brandon Rush turns out good.
Mayor Baron
Junior
Location: Slingboxing Warrior games from home in SF to school in LA, gotta get my Warrior games...

Post#63 » by Mayor Baron » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:00 am

Good game guys... Dunleavy played well (if only he had done that for us) and JO was an absolute beast against our small lineup. Good luck in the future.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,800

Post#64 » by floppymoose » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:03 am

Wow. What kind of crazy game was that?? Nice to see JO dominating again - I'm a big fan. Dunleavy's drive and finish over the top of Azubuike was something from him that I hadn't seen before.

I hope you folks make the playoffs out east.
ranlamjon
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#65 » by ranlamjon » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:09 am

That foul from Tinsley on Montaaay really got Montaaay fired up'd... Montaay is ready to shine IMO...

Dunleavy is still the same ole Dumbleavy in my eyes....

GG though...

Thanks for SJax and Harrignton..

and1...

:)
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#66 » by St.Nick » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:10 am

Good game, fellas. You've got yourself a really solid team out there. I'd be scared if I was your opponent in the playoffs (unless my name was the Boston Celtics).

I see a lot of success for you guys if JO can turn it on like he did tonight.
APerna
Editor

Post#67 » by APerna » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:36 am

Thanks guys (floppy and St.Nick), fanlamjon's comments were a little backhanded...but whatever...

Good luck out West...
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
ranlamjon
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#68 » by ranlamjon » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:49 am

What happened to Big Ike? Is he hurt?
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#69 » by Sid the Squid » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:22 am

floppymoose wrote: Dunleavy's drive and finish over the top of Azubuike was something from him that I hadn't seen before.

you know im the #1 fan of Dun Jr.'s game, but give me a break..Azubuike is the worst perimeter defender since the game was played using peach baskets.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#70 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:56 pm

I hate Tinsley's shot selection... Team is a lot more solid than I expected. A person to consistently pair with JO (though it was usually Foster who would have eaten us alive on the boards) and a real PG and IND is a top Eastern team :o

Good game, fun game...
APerna
Editor

Post#71 » by APerna » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:02 pm

510Reggae....we tend to agree. If Tin Man had a better shot selection I think we'd be a better team by 5 or 6 wins this season.
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,319

Post#72 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:27 pm

PacerPerspective wrote:510Reggae....we tend to agree. If Tin Man had a better shot selection I think we'd be a better team by 5 or 6 wins this season.

I'd say as many as 10 games.

I would rather Harrison take 3's than Tinsley at this point, its almost like he doesn't care about the team. He just does what he wants.
CableKC
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#73 » by CableKC » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:59 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I would rather Harrison take 3's than Tinsley at this point, its almost like he doesn't care about the team. He just does what he wants.

It's a pretty standard play for any team that we play now. If we need a 3pt shot.....the opposing team will aggressively defend the perimeter 3pt shooters and dare Tinsley to take the 3pt shot.

I didn't like that he took the 3pt shot....but I also saw that Tinsley had no choice with time running out.
- In 2024, you are not voting for a "Democrat" or "Republican". You are voting for the Party that will defend Democracy and protect the most vulnerable among us.

#THE_GOP_IS_DEAD
#IT_IS_THE_PARTY_OF_TRUMP_NOW
PacerGuy
Analyst

Post#74 » by PacerGuy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:24 am

DGrangeRx33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I would rather Harrison take 3's .....

David thought you said you want him to "smoke tree" not take 3"s.
The only 3 David has ever hit was the 3 positive tests..... :-?
Larry Bird, You are now on the Clock! ( 3/24/08 )
ajizzle
Sixth Man

Post#75 » by ajizzle » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:19 am

^I'm sure David has hit plenty of 3s in his fouling escapades... either a player w/ the number, or a small forward. Don't short Hulk. Hulk get mad!
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#76 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:42 pm

Great game guys.

I couldn't believe that Foster didn't play. Is he injured?

That guy kills us on the glass. We outrebounded you guys so I'm having to wonder what the deal is with Foster.

Foster and JO always kill us. Jermaine was a total beast around the basket. They only gave him six blocks, but he sure had more than that and he changed so many more shots. It seemed like he was everywhere. He was fired up.

Me thinks he misses his boys.

Tinsley has been the real problem child for you guys over the years. Everyone else has taken the bullets, but Tins is the REAL BAD EGG. I'd dump his a$$ as quickley as possible. Too bad because he's got a good PG game.

That foul on Montay was BS. He learned something about the softspoken Ellis. The kids tougher than he looks and he'll make you pay if you doubt him. He grew to another level in that game.

Dunleavy was real good offensively. He had a nice floor game. You guys are in good shape with him and Granger.

If you guys can land a decent PG theirs still time to make the playoffs.

Go after Arroyo.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Indiana Pacers