GDT: Spurs @ Pacers

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#41 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Feb 6, 2008 4:03 am

I think Granger fits our team perfectly. If we get an offer that blows us away, then we should trade him. However, if he's a perfect 2nd option, why don't we keep him and try and find a 1st option? Does Granger have to go?
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#42 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed Feb 6, 2008 4:14 am

If we trade Granger I'll never order NBA League Pass again.

Granger has proven he can be a #1 option, I'm not saying we should keep him for that reason, but Obie's not letting him do anything. Granger was on fire in the first half, in the second half Obie runs the offense on the opposite side of the floor so Granger never touched it unless there were 3 seconds left on the shot clock. The other night Granger was hitting shots in the clutch, and Obie ran a last second play to Dunleavy. Granger has played great and Obie treats him like a rookie.

He is taking the ball to the hole, making all his free throws, hitting his 3's, and he is creating shots for himself. He has easily proven he can be a #1 scorer. But for arguments sake lets say he couldn't be. He is still becoming one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA, and he still fits our system perfectly. Why trade him? What could we possible gain by trading him?

I can't for the life of me figure out why you idolize Obie so much. Please explain. I respect your opinion, but I can't even figure out where your coming from. Please tell me why you think Obie is a good coach.

I can't for the life of me figure out why you like Obie so much. Its your opinion, and I respect that, it just bewilders me.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#43 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Feb 6, 2008 4:22 am

DGrangeRx33 wrote:I can't for the life of me figure out why you idolize Obie so much. Please explain. I respect your opinion, but I can't even figure out where your coming from. Please tell me why you think Obie is a good coach.

I can't for the life of me figure out why you like Obie so much. Its your opinion, and I respect that, it just bewilders me.

Where did this come from? No one mentioned anything near idolization of Obie. No one even gave him a compliment in this thread.

Also, it sure doesn't sound like you respect his opinion with your first statement. It sounds like one of those compliments..."At first I really didn't like you because I thought you were [insert negative characteristic here], but then, after I took a lot of time to get to know you, you kind of seem like an ok person". Not really a compliment. Not really respect for someone else's opinion but more so like you're wanting to attack someone and make them defend themselves.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#44 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed Feb 6, 2008 4:26 am

No, from previous threads Dark has said that he thinks Obie is doing a good job. We've talked about it before.

I do respect his opinion. If he thinks Obie is a good coach, thats fine. I would just like to know why he thinks that, thats all. I didn't mean anything I said as an insult, I'm just having a tough time understand where he is coming from, thats all.
glasket
Rookie
And1: 11

Post#45 » by glasket » Wed Feb 6, 2008 4:57 am

I too think granger is a good fit for our system. He has prven he can create shots, make set shots and drive to the hoop and then convert on the FT's.

I am really against him being traded. I would go as far as to say that, and this is only MY opinion, our only untouchable players. Sure if we get a great deal we can consider it, but that should be our last priority in terms of trades.

By the way take a look at our next 5 games, after New York, which we could have a shot at winning we have:

Portland
Boston
Detroit
Cleveland

It will be a tough 5 game stretch and the way we are going we may be looking at a 1 and 4 record in the stretch.

Well tomorrows New York game hopefully may give us a win.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#46 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed Feb 6, 2008 5:08 am

glasket wrote:
By the way take a look at our next 5 games, after New York, which we could have a shot at winning we have:

Portland
Boston
Detroit
Cleveland

It will be a tough 5 game stretch and the way we are going we may be looking at a 1 and 4 record in the stretch.

Well tomorrows New York game hopefully may give us a win.

I see I'm not the only one getting a wiff of Derrick Rose haha.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 400

Post#47 » by Grang33r » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:34 am

DGrangeRx33 wrote:If we trade Granger I'll never order NBA League Pass again.

Granger has proven he can be a #1 option, I'm not saying we should keep him for that reason, but Obie's not letting him do anything. Granger was on fire in the first half, in the second half Obie runs the offense on the opposite side of the floor so Granger never touched it unless there were 3 seconds left on the shot clock. The other night Granger was hitting shots in the clutch, and Obie ran a last second play to Dunleavy. Granger has played great and Obie treats him like a rookie.

He is taking the ball to the hole, making all his free throws, hitting his 3's, and he is creating shots for himself. He has easily proven he can be a #1 scorer. But for arguments sake lets say he couldn't be. He is still becoming one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA, and he still fits our system perfectly. Why trade him? What could we possible gain by trading him?

I can't for the life of me figure out why you idolize Obie so much. Please explain. I respect your opinion, but I can't even figure out where your coming from. Please tell me why you think Obie is a good coach.

Even Barbosa for Granger?
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#48 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:56 am

Grang33r wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Even Barbosa for Granger?

I would still order League Pass if we got an awesome deal for him.

Honestly, I'd rather have Granger than Barbosa. Granger is becoming a lock down defender. He is finally taking the ball to the hole, and making all his free throws. All that, and he's still getting better. I think he is a lot more valuable than Barbosa(at least to us), especially since its a PG deep draft.

I really believe Granger is going to become a great player for us. If Obie would just give 1 game to Granger to prove it I think he could. I think every play should be run through Granger's hands when the game is on the line. He doesn't have to shoot it, but he is showing he can create for himself and others. I think Granger is starting to get that "Killer Instinct" that Reggie had. He just needs a chance to show it.
ajizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#49 » by ajizzle » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:43 am

DO NOT TRADE DANNY GRANGER!!! Why would we mix all the ingredients and bake the cake, only to see someone else put on the icing and enjoy the final result.??? What sense does that make???

We talk about rebuilding and drafting young talent. Danny IS young and talented and as said before, STILL GETTING BETTER!!! It doesn't make sense to trade our best scorer, defender, and shot-blocker right now (since JO is out). If anything, we need to build around him.

I still think we should look at that JO for Carter deal, maybe Foster for Almond, and Tinsley for an expiring and a dozen of Long's. If we're going to rebuild and go young, Danny needs to be at the head of it all. Especially now w/ Shaq going to Phoenix, Miami may want to look at JO, and they have plenty of expiring deals.

Whatever we do, Danny needs to be here. He has the most potential on the roster, and he's just scratching the surface of his talents.
glasket
Rookie
And1: 11

Post#50 » by glasket » Wed Feb 6, 2008 11:48 am

ajizzle I could not have put it any better. As I say in my opinion he is as close to untouchable as there is on our roster

Return to Indiana Pacers