count55
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3

Post#41 » by count55 » Wed May 28, 2008 3:13 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I love lamp.

I just looooove to sell guns.
I have no idea what you're talking about, and clearly, neither do you.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#42 » by mizzoupacers » Wed May 28, 2008 3:19 pm

count55 wrote:I just looooove to sell guns.

LOL, is that crazy old coot still making those TV commercials? I remember those commercials fondly from my time living in Bloomington nearly twenty years ago now.

Scoot and cdash, you are in a glass case of emotion.

Here's draftexpress.com's latest mock...usually I consider theirs to be among the most reliable:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2008/

They have Love going at #5 to Memphis...I bet that ends up being closer than Ford's guess of #14.

And there seems to be a consensus forming that the Pacers will end up with Augustin...I don't like it, but I could live with it if it's just a choice between Augustin and, say, Westbrook (although I think Westbrook is going to be better in the long run). If we had the chance to get Love, though, and passed...I would not be amused.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,182

Post#43 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 28, 2008 3:23 pm

mizzoupacers wrote:Scoot and cdash, you are in a glass case of emotion.

Actually, this is just me in a nutshell.

*Help, I'm in a bloody nutshell!!! I didn't even know they had nutshells this big!!!*
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,675

Post#44 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed May 28, 2008 4:59 pm

Hahahaha, nice Scoot.

+1 e-cookie.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 28, 2008 6:04 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:Hahahaha, nice Scoot.

+1 e-cookie.

I do it all for the cookie.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 28, 2008 6:07 pm

MUpacersSIC wrote:I'm not really a big fan a Jordan. He just looks really raw right now. He may be a GOOD player down the road, but I just don't know if he'll ever end up a great player. (not really sure if that'f the best argument considering no one is really a sure thing, even Rose/Beasley)

On Kevin Love though, not sure that he is the best thing for the Pacers. I think he will be a good player in the league and his character seems top notch (plus he can make a full court shot) but the pacers need to draft a point guard. They've passed up on this in the draft the last few years and I think it's about time the Pacers organization makes a commitment to find their floor general. Westbrook or Augustin would both be my pick. I would prefer Augustin because to me he shows some major comparisons to Steve Nash. I'm not saying that's what he'll become, because we all know the Nash is top notch, but anyone who could possibly have a little of Nash in them seems like a good pick to me.

(first post on here so don't bash me too bad)

You make well thought out and explained posts like these, and we won't let you leave.

Great first impression!
Indy07
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#47 » by Indy07 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:24 am

My main argument for Love lies in the fact that I feel he has little to no bust factor. I think the worst case scenario for Love is that he will be a serviceable 7-8th man. Best case scenario, in my mind, is 19-10-5. When i compare the best case scenario to Augustin's, it just seems more apparent that Love has to be the pick (if available) solely based on BPA. Good players can assimilate to the coach's offense. I know many don't believe that he is good for JOB's offense but then again the length of JOB's tenure is up in the air.
count55
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3

Post#48 » by count55 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:59 pm

Indy07 wrote:My main argument for Love lies in the fact that I feel he has little to no bust factor. I think the worst case scenario for Love is that he will be a serviceable 7-8th man. Best case scenario, in my mind, is 19-10-5. When i compare the best case scenario to Augustin's, it just seems more apparent that Love has to be the pick (if available) solely based on BPA. Good players can assimilate to the coach's offense. I know many don't believe that he is good for JOB's offense but then again the length of JOB's tenure is up in the air.

I agree with this almost completely, though everybody has a bust factor.

As I've said before, I would rather draft somebody whose limitations are physical (like Augustin or Love) but demonstrate a good understanding of the game and good basketball skills than take somebody who's basically getting by on "their looks" like a McGee or Jordan.

We, as a franchise, don't have a stellar history with the "super athletes" (Kenny Williams, Jonathan Bender come to mind).
I have no idea what you're talking about, and clearly, neither do you.
cdash
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#49 » by cdash » Thu May 29, 2008 11:32 pm

I still think if Bender wouldnt have been so injury prone that he could have been awesome. Guess we'll never know.

Return to Indiana Pacers