Scot Pollard

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

pacershereiam
Junior
And1: 0

Scot Pollard 

Post#1 » by pacershereiam » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:33 am

Scot Pollard has a championship ring, and we dont. Not fair. lol. Pollard is quite the character isnt he?
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 410

Re: Scot Pollard 

Post#2 » by Grang33r » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:39 am

pacershereiam wrote:Scot Pollard has a championship ring, and we dont. Not fair. lol. Pollard is quite the character isnt he?

LOL this reminds me of the year Rob Johnson won a super bowl ring as the backup in Tampa Bay after being arguably the worst QB ever in Buffalo, he goes out and wins a title.

In all seriousness, i don't think Pollard will get a ring though. I believe the criteria to get a ring is like you had to have played like 50% of the games during the regular season or play atleast one playoff game. Pollard did neither. Unless the rules changed. I do remember them talk about this back in the days when Indiana made the final. lol
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#3 » by PR07 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:51 am

He'll get a ring. He's been a good teamate. Even if he didn't play, he was always cheering. Don't see why the Celtics would get stingy with rings.

I'm happy for Scott, more so, because he probably should've gotten a ring with the Sacramento Kings but they could never quite climb the hump. An eccentric guy, who never complains and is a top cheerleader on the bench.
APerna
Editor
And1: 1

Post#4 » by APerna » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:00 am

As much as I didn't want to see the C's win this thing, I'm happy for Pollard and Ray Allen (UCONN Alum).
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
joew8302
Senior

Post#5 » by joew8302 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:03 am

I am happy for Scot and Ray as they are both solid individuals and easy to root for.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#6 » by Grang33r » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:06 am

Very happy for Ral Allen like you guys said. He's a great player. But i'm also happy for Kevin Garnett. I'm not a big fan of his and actually hoped Celtics would lose to ANYONE all playoffs lol, but now that it's all said and done, i'm happy that one of the best players of our era (atleast the younger posters) wins a title. It would have been a shame if one of the leagues best players ever ended his career without a ring.... like Reggie Miller. I don't wish that on anyone.
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by PR07 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:10 am

Agreed, I wanted to see Allen and KG get a chance at a ring. I think every great player at least deserves one opportunity to win the finals. I guess next on the list is Tracy McGrady?
joew8302
Senior

Post#8 » by joew8302 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:12 am

Tracy Macgrady? No way, get out of the first round before you claim you are due for a title.
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by PR07 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:15 am

I'm not saying he deserves one yet, but I guess him and Steve Nash are the best players to never make a Finals. Can anyone think of anyone else?
APerna
Editor

Post#10 » by APerna » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:16 am

T-Mac is a great player, I think PR07 is saying that he just wants him to remove that from his resume before people ultimately remember him for that...and I agree.

I'd add...

Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash to that list of best players not to win a title. LeBron as well, but he's still so young.
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#11 » by Grang33r » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:21 am

PacerPerspective wrote:T-Mac is a great player, I think PR07 is saying that he just wants him to remove that from his resume before people ultimately remember him for that...and I agree.

I'd add...

Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash to that list of best players not to win a title. LeBron as well, but he's still so young.

Atleast Dirk has played in the finals. lol

I agree, the time will come for McGrady to win his title. He deserves it for sure. Besides him and Nash i can't think of anyone else "great" who hasn't played in the finals yet.

Speaking of young players though, i do hope Chris Paul wins a few, preferably with a new team, because he is maybe the most exciting player i've ever seen play for an opponent besides Micheal Jordan. I don't care for the Hornets and don't care for who they play but if their on TV, i usually always watch. Love his game.
APerna
Editor

Post#12 » by APerna » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:24 am

I like watching the Hornets because of Paul, therefore as long as he is in New Orleans I will (silently) root for them to win when not playing the P's.

McGrady isn't all that young, especially considering his injury woes, Grang33r. If you ask me his window is closing at an old 29.
+ PF
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by PR07 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:25 am

TMac gets a bad rep. It's shocking that he hasn't won a playoff series, but I think that's more on his supporting cast than him because his production goes up in the playoffs. He's also hit some big shots, but losing Yao this year killed the Rockets. Rafer Alston isn't going to get it done as a #2.

If Kerr can bring more defense to the Suns, I think Nash could get a chance at a ring if Shaq has anything left in the tank although the window is closing fast.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#14 » by Grang33r » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:26 am

PacerPerspective wrote:I like watching the Hornets because of Paul, therefore as long as he is in New Orleans I will (silently) root for them to win when not playing the P's.

McGrady isn't all that young, especially considering his injury woes, Grang33r.
If you ask me his window is closing at an old 29.

No i know, but i'm saying Houston is a very good basketball team and who knows what would have happened if Yao Ming can stay healthy? I think they are one player away from being great contenders from the title (and Ming's health).
joew8302
Senior

Post#15 » by joew8302 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:35 am

Man, if Tmac is as great as you guys say I just don't get it. They have a superstar center in Yao, a "superstar" two in Tmac, good role players like guys like Battier, James, Landry and head and not only can they not win a title, they can't get out of the first round. I just don't see Tmac as a superstar or great player.
APerna
Editor

Post#16 » by APerna » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:41 am

joew8302 wrote:Man, if Tmac is as great as you guys say I just don't get it. They have a superstar center in Yao, a "superstar" two in Tmac, good role players like guys like Battier, James, Landry and head and not only can they not win a title, they can't get out of the first round. I just don't see Tmac as a superstar or great player.

Injuries.
+ PF
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by PR07 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:42 am

Yao was hurt this postseason, and before that, he hadn't really taken the reigns to become a dominant center although that has changed now. I think it takes 3 to ultimately win a championship although there have been exceptions. Celtics: Pierce, KG, Allen. Spurs: Duncan, Parker, Ginoboli. Pistons: Billups, Rip, Sheed.
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#18 » by Miller4ever » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:18 am

What's Scotty's hairstyle these days?
glasket
Rookie
And1: 11

Post#19 » by glasket » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:38 am

I hate to use a cliche but there is no "I" in team. Tmac should not get the rep of being playoff choker or bad luck charm. His numbers are higher in the playoffs than in the regular season and he tries his heart out.
His team mates need to be either healthy or step up as well.
cdash
Analyst

Post#20 » by cdash » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:55 pm

I think T-Mac is overrated. He's good, but I dont think he is in the discussion for the "Best active player without a ring" status. Most talented player without a ring? Possibly. Best? Nah.

Return to Indiana Pacers