ImageImageImageImageImage

giants franchise brandon jacobs

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

giants franchise brandon jacobs 

Post#1 » by krustytheclown » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:18 pm

since they couldnt reach a multiyear agreement the giants franchised jacobs according to nfl.com

good move
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 260

Re: giants franchise brandon jacobs 

Post#2 » by CR Reina » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:46 am

Excellent move; I definitely believe Jacobs was the guy they had to keep, not Ward.
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by krustytheclown » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:44 am

CR Reina wrote:Excellent move; I definitely believe Jacobs was the guy they had to keep, not Ward.

it would be nice if they could keep ward too. not holding my breath at this point, though
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#4 » by nykgeneralmanager » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:53 pm

It was the non exclusive tag too, which means he can still negotiate with other teams. It gives the Giants the ability to match any offer from another team, but if we choose not to match it, we will receive TWO 1st round picks from them. It's a win win for us, excellent move.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#5 » by I_Love_NYK » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:47 am

We still Have Ahmad Bradshaw, he was the 2nd back when we won the Superbowl 42. Yes Ward is good, but he will not be worth starter money.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#6 » by mjhp911 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:04 am

We extended Jacobs for 25MM, 13MM guaranteed, as per Wiretap...

Jacobs Signs $25M Extension With Giants
25th February, 2009 - 9:01 pm
ESPN - Brandon Jacobs signed a four-year, $25 million extension with the Giants on Wednesday.

"I was confident all along that this was going to get done I didn't panic one bit," Jacobs said in a statement released by the team. "I know the reason we did it the way we did; I knew I was going to be here. I was super-confident and I am here. I'm happy about it."

The deal includes $13 million in guarantees. Jacobs will earn $15 over the first two years.

You know, call me crazy, but I would have been fine keeping Bradshaw and Ward. Jacobs' injuries concern me. I think we already said bye-bye to Bradshaw.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,702

Post#7 » by blueNorange » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:36 am

mjhp911 wrote:We extended Jacobs for 25MM, 13MM guaranteed, as per Wiretap...

ESPN - Brandon Jacobs signed a four-year, $25 million extension with the Giants on Wednesday.

"I was confident all along that this was going to get done I didn't panic one bit," Jacobs said in a statement released by the team. "I know the reason we did it the way we did; I knew I was going to be here. I was super-confident and I am here. I'm happy about it."

The deal includes $13 million in guarantees. Jacobs will earn $15 over the first two years.

You know, call me crazy, but I would have been fine keeping Bradshaw and Ward. Jacobs' injuries concern me. I think we already said bye-bye to Bradshaw.

you're crazy, jacobs is what makes this team go ... he moves the pile and is a great blocker.

and that contract is very good, there's more running backs who are making more and aren't even good.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by krustytheclown » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:10 am

blueNorange wrote:
mjhp911 wrote:We extended Jacobs for 25MM, 13MM guaranteed, as per Wiretap...

you're crazy, jacobs is what makes this team go ... he moves the pile and is a great blocker.

and that contract is very good, there's more running backs who are making more and aren't even good.

like marion barber :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,702

Post#9 » by blueNorange » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:57 pm

krustytheclown wrote:like marion barber :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:nod: :rofl:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by krustytheclown » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:26 pm

the giants next 2 moves imo should be signing eli to an extension and then getting haynseworth or housh..

Return to New York Giants