ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: For All You Giants Fans, Jacobs Requested A Trade Today.

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Re: OT: For All You Giants Fans, Jacobs Requested A Trade Today. 

Post#61 » by richardhutnik » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:37 pm

bishnykfan wrote:All this talk about the Giants trading him are pretty insignificant IMO. Even if he demanded a trade the Giants are not going to give in and leave themselves with just Bradshaw and Danny Ware. If they could get AJ Hawk sure they would help themselves at LB, but they would open a huge hole at RB. Bradshaw has not been the most durable guy the past few years. They will wait until the offseason IMO, and move him for a couple middle of the road picks.

I believe the Giants also cut Andre Brown(?) who they drafted last year, so they are likely lacking depth.

Anyhow, all I see is beat writer speculation that does NOT warrant the rampant replies and unadulterated BS smack I see being mentioned at this time. People need to chill. Jets and Giants barely play each other, so people need to chill about this.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
MikeTheIntern32
Junior
And1: 0

Post#62 » by MikeTheIntern32 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:43 pm

the funny thing is, that a lot of Jet Fans I know were quiet after the week one loss. Now that they won and the Giants lost they come out and talk ****. To be honest, Jacobs is frustrated, fine, who cares? Our O-line was terrible, looked slow and old, but the fact that the Topic starter essentially baited Giant fans is wrong. Grow up. What was the point to sticking it to Giant fans? Childish antics.

Im glad you can read my post where I knew we got massacred, our O-Line was exposed Eli had exactly half a second to get throws off and we looked terrible. how am I not stating that we got kicked around? how am I crying when I explicitly stated we essentially played like a pop warner team last night? BTW IDGAF about the jets either, I'll root for any team in the NFL before I back the Jets. So the feeling is mutual.

IDGAS about what you're post said, only the bold part and yes you were crying like a baby. Done.
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#63 » by hobojoe2131 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:55 pm

richardhutnik wrote:
bishnykfan wrote:All this talk about the Giants trading him are pretty insignificant IMO. Even if he demanded a trade the Giants are not going to give in and leave themselves with just Bradshaw and Danny Ware. If they could get AJ Hawk sure they would help themselves at LB, but they would open a huge hole at RB. Bradshaw has not been the most durable guy the past few years. They will wait until the offseason IMO, and move him for a couple middle of the road picks.

I believe the Giants also cut Andre Brown(?) who they drafted last year, so they are likely lacking depth.

Anyhow, all I see is beat writer speculation that does NOT warrant the rampant replies and unadulterated BS smack I see being mentioned at this time. People need to chill. Jets and Giants barely play each other, so people need to chill about this.

- Rich

Yea they cut Brown. But he is on the Denver practice squad, and if we traded Jacobs for a pick, we can sign him to our roster.
^ MP creation
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,805

Post#64 » by cgf » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:31 am

*shrug* I don't really care, Jacobs stopped running hard more than a year ago and given how slow he is, and how much slower he is than he used to be, he's just a backup. Bradshaw's our RB moving forward and Ware is a good number 2. I'd like to see us sign back Andre Brown or bring in James Starks to be the third RB if we did move BJ, but it's not a big deal, especially given how much more of a running team we've become. As for the other "name" backs, I wouldn't waste a pick on any of them, certainly not with our OL in it's current state of disrepair.

And again, AJ Hawk is not very good, last year was his best year and he was mediocre, dude just doesn't have the insane instincts and leadership he had at OSU, which negates his good athleticism as he takes longer to react than he used to and he's not very strong. Jonathon Goff > AJ Hawk and 4-3 MIKE is the one hope AJ Hawk has of ever putting his talent together.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Return to New York Giants