ImageImageImageImageImage

WT: Manningham to leave the Giants for the Buccaneers?

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,794

WT: Manningham to leave the Giants for the Buccaneers? 

Post#1 » by Stannis » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:41 am

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... uccaneers/

Looks like Manningham will probably leave the Giants. I really want him stay. He is a great receiver. He was just overshadowed by Nicks and Cruz. For a third receiver option, Manningham is more than great.
Free Palestine
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Re: WT: Manning to leave the Giants for the Buccaneers? 

Post#2 » by Little Italia » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:47 am

lol nice title.

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#3 » by I_Love_NYK » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Manningham has great speed and moves to get down field, but his route running and hands were always suspect. There are teams out there that will give him a lot more money then the Giants will and he will also be their 2nd string receiver. He is going to get money from other teams that for the Giants you just don't pay that much for a 3rd string receiver.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#4 » by Stannis » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:27 pm

Little Italia wrote:lol nice title.

:lol: Thank you, that was very misleading. Just changed it.
Free Palestine
SmooveMelo
Rookie
And1: 154

Re: WT: Manningham to leave the Giants for the Buccaneers? 

Post#5 » by SmooveMelo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:52 am

Let's be honest he could potentially be a 1st string reciever. He has the ring and recognition now of course he'll chase the money. It'll be sad seeing him leave. But I wish the best for him as long as he doesn't sign with any rivals.
Stannis
RealGM

Re: WT: Manningham to leave the Giants for the Buccaneers? 

Post#6 » by Stannis » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:48 am

SmooveMelo wrote:Let's be honest he could potentially be a 1st string receiver. He has the ring and recognition now of course he'll chase the money. It'll be sad seeing him leave. But I wish the best for him as long as he doesn't sign with any rivals.

Yes, I know. :( I just really liked him. I doubt the Giants will match his best offer. It will probably hurt their salary cap, which they need to fill in some other holes.

Thinking about it, it will be worse if he stayed with the Giants and remained a 3rd receiver. I definitely wants a bigger role. He is a 2nd receiver at least on most NFL teams.

I wish him the best as well. The Giants could not have one the Super Bowl without him!
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#7 » by Stannis » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:51 am

I_Love_NYK wrote:Manningham has great speed and moves to get down field, but his route running and hands were always suspect. There are teams out there that will give him a lot more money then the Giants will and he will also be their 2nd string receiver. He is going to get money from other teams that for the Giants you just don't pay that much for a 3rd string receiver.

It would be nice to keep him. Defenses are going to try to lock Nicks and Cruz like crazy this upcoming season. If they can manage to keep him, he will remain a 3rd receiver, but I still think his role will be bigger than that because teams are probably already trying to draw tactics to stop Nicks and Cruz.

Who knows? Maybe the Giants have more of a tight end game this upcoming season.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Giants