ImageImageImageImageImage

Welcome Thread: New York Giants Draft David Wilson

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,793

Welcome Thread: New York Giants Draft David Wilson 

Post#1 » by Stannis » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:44 am

I know nothing about college ball, but I always trust the Giants picks. They always have some upside.

Giants already needed a running back before Jacobs left.

5'10, 205 pounds, Virginia Tech. He looks good.
Free Palestine
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Re: Welcome Thread: New York Giants Draft David Wilson 

Post#2 » by Little Italia » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:15 pm

I love this kid. I wanted him or Lamar Miller in the 1st round. I always felt we needed a running back especially with Bradshaw and his injury problems and the departure of Jacobs.

Wilson has a chance to be the next Tiki Barber for us, but Tiki Barber the "team player." Wilson has a good head on his shoulders, helped families with the Katrina disaster, deeply religious kid...and of course he's very talented. He can catch in the backfield, is very shift and fast, and can run between the tackles. He lead the entire nation in yards after contact.

He will need to work on his fumbling(can be fixed by Coughlin) and working on his pass blocking.

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Re: Welcome Thread: New York Giants Draft David Wilson 

Post#3 » by I_Love_NYK » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:22 pm

He won ACC offensive player of the year, and set the school record in rushing. He is always keeping his feet moving from the videos I saw of him, he also has HR speed more than Bradshaw. Everyone knows that Bradshaw can't give 16 games.

Rueben Randle, don't know much about him but he was at Radio City so he has to have talent. I'd take a chance on himas the 3rd receiver than Domenik Hixon or Ramses Barden. Jayron Hosley woulhave been a 1st round pick had he not faled his drug test. Giants seem to be ok with players with baggage coming to the team before the draft. Look at Ahmad Bradshaw and Mario Manningham, both dropped in the draft because of their off-field issues.

I wanted a OT, Will Beatty seems like a bust, and David Diehl is more of a guard now at this stage of his career. James Brewer came to the giants with all the physical tools to be a good OT in this league, they said he was just a project. Maybe he is ready now.

Return to New York Giants