Free Palestine
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Time Management 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:46 am

That was efficient posting.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,786

Post#3 » by Stannis » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:35 am

Do they have a guy who's job is to just manage the clock? If not, they should get one. Get a guy up there who draws out all the scenarios, when they should kill time and when they shouldn't, and have him mic'd with all the sideline coaches so he can yell in their ears from upstairs.

Because everybody on the field and sideline looks clueless. Even Eli had to call a timeout because he wasn't sure what they were going to do.

It's getting stupid now. Tom and Eli have been with the time a long time, and I didn't think this would be their biggest problem this season. They never had this problem before, why now?
Free Palestine
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#4 » by Barcs » Sat Dec 5, 2015 6:28 pm

It seems silly that, as fans, we seem to have more awareness of time management than trained professionals.

This is why Coughlin is likely gone at the end of the year. Yeah he's got 2 superbowls under his belt, but his teams have been notorious for collapsing down the stretch, and they simply don't make the playoffs enough in a weak division. 3 playoff appearances out of something like 12 years. A couple fluke runs have prolonged his tenure with the Giants way longer than it should have gone.

As a Jets fan I've been criticizing Bowles for his clock management in many of those close games, but I understand that it's something that improves over time. The problem is Tom Coughlin has been letting it happen for years and has seemingly gotten worse. Both him and Eli seem clueless in clutch goal line situations and it has been costing them wins for a while. It's almost as if they do not practice those situations or the sidelines just aren't communicating to the players the big things they need to focus on during the time. The whole "don't score" thing was laughably stupid. It's not even just this year, either. It goes back to the Eagles game 3 or 4 years ago when they had a 21 point lead with 7 to go in the 4th. It's mind boggling to me. I'm not trying to hate on the Giants or anything, but it seems the writing is on the wall for Coughlin. I'm not sure how much of it is on the OC.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to New York Giants