ImageImageImageImageImage

Week 1 thoughts

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,394

Week 1 thoughts 

Post#1 » by Homerclease » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:53 am

Defense did its job bending but not breaking. Took a few quarters to finally start getting to Prescott but made it there eventually.

Nice to see Cruz back and doing the salsa!

Run game was much improved, nice to see Jennings and Vereen used much more than last year. Oline got the job done against a sub par defensive front.

Good day for the Giants rookies with Shepard, Apple and Thompson all having a good day. Berhe also played well at safety.

Clock management improved 10 fold and the big reason the Giants won today. Good stuff
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Week 1 thoughts 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:17 am

Just feels good to win in Dallas. Alsoglad the rooks and Cruz had solid outings,here's to a great year.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#3 » by Lost in LA » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:41 pm

Linebacker core was not great, Casillas apart, but a good win for the team's confidence.

Not sure what Manning "saw" on his interception, but play calling was good. I still thought we were going to give it up at the end despite a rookie quarterback.

Question, do the Giants ever use screens?
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,394

Post#4 » by Homerclease » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:21 pm

Lost in LA wrote:Linebacker core was not great, Casillas apart, but a good win for the team's confidence.

Not sure what Manning "saw" on his interception, but play calling was good. I still thought we were going to give it up at the end despite a rookie quarterback.

Question, do the Giants ever use screens?

That INT was on Shepard. Coaching staff confirmed after the game, he was supposed to break in and work back to the ball but instead went out and sat.

They ran a few screen passes to Vereen yesterday with some success but they still aren't a good screening team
Gandalf
Junior
And1: 159

Post#5 » by Gandalf » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:19 am

Felt good to start the season with a win in Dallas...liking our WR talent, was amazing to see Cruzzzz back. The game wasn't perfect, it was fun to watch but we can still improve. Jennings made a couple of big plays.
MJ #23 G.O.A.T.
#FireHoiberg #FireGarPax

Return to New York Giants