Plax Suspended for One Game

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Plax Suspended for One Game 

Post#1 » by mjhp911 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:07 pm

It was supposedly the culmination of a bunch of transgressions. Being late, missing some meetings, etc. More than ever, Plax needs to demonstrate his commitment and professionalism, after getting his extension and playing so well last season.

http://www.giants.com/news/headlines/story.asp?story_id=29579
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Re: Plax Suspended for One Game 

Post#2 » by VinnyTheMick » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:50 am

I went to college & one of my best friends is from the 757 where Plax's family is & the rumor down there is that Plax didn't go to any meetings Monday or Tues & didn't answer his phone when the team called. He was supposedly handling family business & the team is going to fine him 4 weeks pay not just 2. That's just the rumor in the 757 though.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by mjhp911 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:12 am

He's apparently having issues at home...

Northjersey.com reports tonight that "Totowa (N.J.) police responded to two domestic disturbance calls at Giants receiver Plaxico Burress's home the past few months," borough police confirmed.

The Web site for The Record of Hackensack says, "It could not be determined whether the incidents had anything to do with Burress' suspension by the Giants today ..."

The Web site reports that the incidents occured on June 2 and Aug. 19. It says restraining orders were issued but then overturned in state court.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#4 » by I_Love_NYK » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:27 pm

If it is faimly reasons, yeah fine him for not giving a notice but don't make him miss a game.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by mjhp911 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:03 am

Yeesh. If you believe him, Jay Glazer now says Plax has been fined between 40 and 50 times over the years, for various transgressions. WTF?!
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Fri Oct 3, 2008 9:49 pm

Hixon is going to have a big game. I expect Moss to get a bunch of balls too, reason being we were trying to trade him to Seattle and this is an opportunity to show him off.
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#7 » by krustytheclown » Thu Oct 9, 2008 8:10 am

Al n' Perk No Layups! wrote:Hixon is going to have a big game. I expect Moss to get a bunch of balls too, reason being we were trying to trade him to Seattle and this is an opportunity to show him off.

hahahaha, good call on hixon and moss.

btw this thing could get REAL bad real fast....
VinnyTheMick
RealGM

Post#8 » by VinnyTheMick » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:58 am

This thing will not get real bad real fast. According to Strahan, Plax was getting fined left n right it just went unreported. Plax is not jeremy shockey & he is not tiki barber. This "Any player who hits bumps in the road must be traded" attitude that is permeating through the giant fanbase is worrisome, I think.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by mjhp911 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:48 am

While Plax is not as caustic as TO on a team, he still needs to set a good example for the younger WR's on our squad. We can't have these impressionable kids looking at Plax and thinking, "Hmm, maybe I can get away with that too..." Yeah, he brings it on game day. But he needs to follow the rules, just like everybody else.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM

Post#10 » by VinnyTheMick » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:41 am

The Giants organization has proven that you will not get away with sh_t like that. I might be overreacting but I just hate to see Plax compared to Shockey or Tiki. Plaxico is the greatest WR in this franchise's history (talent wise) & we all want to trade him over a bump in the road because we played better without Tiki & Shockey? It is an insane & tragic line of thinking that I hate to see in fellow Giant fans. This man quite possibly cut years off of his career to not only play in every game of the postseason but to put up historical numbers (NFC Championship Game).

Plaxico Burress is not Terrell Owens.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#11 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:08 pm

I expect Plax to have a monster night. If Jacobs doesn't focus too much on trying to run Corey Williams over (Like Shockey-Peterson in the wildcard collapse to the Niners), he'll have a huge night as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns played better since they'll be getting Stallworth back tonight, which gives Anderson a legit #2 for the first time all year, but I expect a big win.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#12 » by el loco » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:24 am

VinnyTheMick wrote:The Giants organization has proven that you will not get away with sh_t like that. I might be overreacting but I just hate to see Plax compared to Shockey or Tiki. Plaxico is the greatest WR in this franchise's history (talent wise) & we all want to trade him over a bump in the road because we played better without Tiki & Shockey? It is an insane & tragic line of thinking that I hate to see in fellow Giant fans. This man quite possibly cut years off of his career to not only play in every game of the postseason but to put up historical numbers (NFC Championship Game).

Plaxico Burress is not Terrell Owens.

I wish the Steelers would have hung onto him, but he can be a distraction off the field at times. Although that didn't seem to prevent the Giants from winning it all last season. Look at the guy we drafted to fill his void (Santonio Holmes) he is always in the news for doing something stupid.
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#13 » by krustytheclown » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:28 pm

plax is in trouble AGAIN...not starting today and facing another possible suspension :roll:
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by mjhp911 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:31 am

Plax better start falling in line and getting with the program. Even his teammates are now starting to throw him under the bus (did you hear It'sNotAToomah's comments?!). He's not going to win a battle of wills against the coach. Stand down, soldier.

Return to New York Giants