ImageImageImageImageImage

Tony Gonzalez??

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,599

Tony Gonzalez?? 

Post#1 » by bishnykfan » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:19 am

Reportedly Tony Gonzalez has asked to be traded and according to the wiretap and other sources, the Giants have become one of the teams favored to get him if he does get dealt before Tuesdays deadline. The Chiefs GM is reportedly looking to get at least a second round pick for him. We got a two and a five for Shockey.

Do we really need Gonzalez? He would be another great weapon to give Eli a true pass catching TE with a better attitude then Shockey ever had who just wants to win. He would be great in the Red Zone, imagine defenses trying to cover Toomer, Plax, Gonzalez and Smith in the red zone? If its only a two should we do it?
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Re: Tony Gonzalez?? 

Post#2 » by mjhp911 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:22 am

bishnykfan wrote:Reportedly Tony Gonzalez has asked to be traded and according to the wiretap and other sources, the Giants have become one of the teams favored to get him if he does get dealt before Tuesdays deadline. The Chiefs GM is reportedly looking to get at least a second round pick for him. We got a two and a five for Shockey.

Do we really need Gonzalez? He would be another great weapon to give Eli a true pass catching TE with a better attitude then Shockey ever had who just wants to win. He would be great in the Red Zone, imagine defenses trying to cover Toomer, Plax, Gonzalez and Smith in the red zone? If its only a two should we do it?

I would pass. I think we have more than enough weapons on offense. I'd rather keep our second round pick.
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#3 » by krustytheclown » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:54 am

would i welcome tony gonzo on this team? absofrigginlutley...not for a second rounder maybe a 4th and 5th or a 4th and 6th. tony gonzalez+boss would be DYNAMIC youd have 2 good tes who both have great hands..man oh man :drools:
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#4 » by nykgeneralmanager » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:19 am

Its hard to argue against picking up the best TE ever. Just imagine the 2 TE sets with he and Boss, two huge tight ends with very soft hands. In terms of compensation, the Chiefs are only asking for a 3rd, so don't worry about giving up a 2. Most years I'd say it would be nice to keep our 3rd but we have two 2nds this year thanks to the Shockey trade. We also have two 5ths, so I'd try to package a 4 and a 5 if possible. With the way Reese has drafted, its nice to have as many picks as possible. Its hilarious knowing that we have to give up less than what we got for Shockey even though Gonzalez is a lot better and whines a lot less.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:46 am

I definately wouldn't give up a third for him. We don't use our TE's enough to make it worth it. I'd go with a fifth or sixth and a player though, like Moss, Tollefson or Wilkinson (That would make us thin at LB though, Moss seems likely).
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#6 » by mjhp911 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:35 pm

As per Wiretap...

Tony Gonzalez: Make Me A Giant
14th October, 2008 - 10:06 am
New York Daily News - Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez has asked to be traded, and specifically mentioned the defending-champion Giants as a desired destination.

The NFL's trading deadline is 4 p.m. on Tuesday.

New York has reportedly only shown marginal interest, offering a sixth-round pick. According to multiple sources, Kansas City is looking for a second or third round pick.

Hmm.

Return to New York Giants