ImageImageImageImageImage

OT Burress indicted

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

OT Burress indicted 

Post#1 » by Ignitowsky » Mon Aug 3, 2009 7:14 pm

NEW YORK - Former New York Giants star Plaxico Burress was indicted by a grand jury on weapons charges after shooting himself in the thigh at a Manhattan night club last winter, prosecutors announced Monday.

The indictment charged the 31-year-old Burress with two counts of criminal possession of a weapon and one count of reckless endangerment, Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau said.

Burress’ former teammate, Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce, was not indicted for his role in the incident.
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32271872/ns/sports-nfl/
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Re: OT Burress indicted 

Post#2 » by EchelonNYK » Mon Aug 3, 2009 7:18 pm

Silly billy.
nykfan70
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by nykfan70 » Mon Aug 3, 2009 7:23 pm

The fact he shot himself in the thigh and gets indicted for it, putting his NFL career on the line, that is a really sad story, pathetic more like it. :roll:
I am Ra
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#4 » by I am Ra » Mon Aug 3, 2009 7:26 pm

Seriously people in the NFL did way worse. This guy had a gun warrant but in FLA, and shot himself by accident in the leg and they want him to go to jail for years!!!! Its just unfair. He is one of my favorite players and i want whats best for him.
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#5 » by Ignitowsky » Mon Aug 3, 2009 7:59 pm

kingofkingz wrote:Seriously people in the NFL did way worse. This guy had a gun warrant but in FLA, and shot himself by accident in the leg and they want him to go to jail for years!!!! Its just unfair. He is one of my favorite players and i want whats best for him.

Doesn't NY have a gun law that says 1 year in jail for illegal gun possession?
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Ayonick07
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by Ayonick07 » Mon Aug 3, 2009 8:04 pm

i mean i dont think he should be let off easy, but for him to do years for shooting himself. I think that is unneccessary. Now if someone had gotten hurt that would've been another thing. Stupid mistake and now hes paying dearly.
Ayonick07
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by Ayonick07 » Mon Aug 3, 2009 8:04 pm

Ignitowsky wrote:
kingofkingz wrote:Seriously people in the NFL did way worse. This guy had a gun warrant but in FLA, and shot himself by accident in the leg and they want him to go to jail for years!!!! Its just unfair. He is one of my favorite players and i want whats best for him.

Doesn't NY have a gun law that says 1 year in jail for illegal gun possession?

Mandatory 3 year sentence.
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#8 » by RutgersBJJ » Mon Aug 3, 2009 8:07 pm

maybe he should have had the gun registered in NY as well if he wanted to carry it around NY. Stupidity deserves what it gets. He broke the law, and deserves what he will get. When you are making millions it isn't that hard to not cary around a gun, you have no risk that way. When you are rich you pay people around you to have those guns and they take that jail-time as risk in return for your payments. He was never the elite WR the NY Media made him out to be. Most overrated WR the past few years outside of TJ Houshmandzatah(sp).
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012

Return to New York Giants