Page 1 of 1

My Dream Giants Offseason

Posted: Fri Mar 5, 2010 5:35 pm
by hobojoe2131
Sign Antrel Rolle
Sign Aaron Kampman

Round 1: Rolando McClain
Round 2: Dexter McCluster
Round 3: Darrel Stuckey

Shores all three sections of the defense and adds a dynamic playmaker on offense

Re: My Dream Giants Offseason

Posted: Sun Mar 7, 2010 12:20 am
by hobojoe2131
part 1 complete.

PS. If McClain is gone. I'd love Sean Weatherspoon. he just ran a 4.4 at his pro day.

Re: My Dream Giants Offseason

Posted: Sun Mar 7, 2010 7:53 am
by blueNorange
meh i prefer it if the giants draft brian price while giving up their 3rd rounder to oakland for kirk morrison

bringing both in improves the run defense tremendously.

but that is if mcclain isn't there ... but with the broncos about to get the seahawks #6 if they sign marshall, looks like the giants won't get him.

if you want to talk about linebackers then it's darly washington and pat angerer ... 2 linebackers createdfor the tampa 2.

Re: My Dream Giants Offseason

Posted: Sun Mar 7, 2010 10:58 pm
by hobojoe2131
blueNorange wrote:meh i prefer it if the giants draft brian price while giving up their 3rd rounder to oakland for kirk morrison

bringing both in improves the run defense tremendously.

but that is if mcclain isn't there ... but with the broncos about to get the seahawks #6 if they sign marshall, looks like the giants won't get him.

if you want to talk about linebackers then it's darly washington and pat angerer ... 2 linebackers createdfor the tampa 2.


The Giants have Canty and Jay Alford as their three technique dt's which is what Price plays. I think if we're taking a DT it will most likely be a 1 technique like Dan Williams.

Daryl Washington is good, but he's undersized for MLB.

Morrison supposedly has character issues, but he's definitely worth a third.

Re: My Dream Giants Offseason

Posted: Mon Mar 8, 2010 3:08 am
by blueNorange
don't also rule out the possibility of the giants drafting mike iupati who's said to be one of the best o-lineman, including the past few drafts.

beatty | iupati | o'hara | snee | diehl

the ones bolded would be excellent building blocks for the o-lineman for years to come.

Re: My Dream Giants Offseason

Posted: Mon Mar 8, 2010 6:43 pm
by hobojoe2131
Iupati was awful during the senior bowl. He was caught holding 12 times that could have been called. That being said he dominated in college and we could do a lot worse. We're definitely taking a OL or two during the draft.

Re: My Dream Giants Offseason

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:49 am
by cgf
hobojoe2131 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:meh i prefer it if the giants draft brian price while giving up their 3rd rounder to oakland for kirk morrison

bringing both in improves the run defense tremendously.

but that is if mcclain isn't there ... but with the broncos about to get the seahawks #6 if they sign marshall, looks like the giants won't get him.

if you want to talk about linebackers then it's darly washington and pat angerer ... 2 linebackers createdfor the tampa 2.


The Giants have Canty and Jay Alford as their three technique dt's which is what Price plays. I think if we're taking a DT it will most likely be a 1 technique like Dan Williams.

Daryl Washington is good, but he's undersized for MLB.

Morrison supposedly has character issues, but he's definitely worth a third.


I know JR said that Canty was our 3-tech, but he's not really. He's built like one but he's a lot better at stuffing the run and so he could definitely play NT next to Price for us. Our DT position is pathetic right now, and I like Canty, we just don't know how well Alford will recover until we see him on the field. That's why I think we need to grab Brian Price or Dan Williams in round one. Hell I would also love to grab another tackle like Troup or Cam Thomas in the third or fourth just so we can have a solid rotation inside.

Daryl Washington isn't that under-sized, kid checks in at 240, he's lanky and not to strong but he's so incredibly fluid and quick and has a great nose for the ball that he could be a beast with some good DTs in front of him. Worst case scenario he'll be a monster WILL so we could move Boley over to SLB where he could blitz more and have one of the fastest and most fluid sets of OLBs in the league. Let Goff thump away in between those two with PRice/Williams, Canty, Alford and Thomas/Troup eating up lineman in front of him and our run D will go from pathetic to pretty damn beast.

As for Iupati I like him a lot as a prospect but not for us. Our OL needs a Center more than anything which is why I've already written in Matt Tennant for our third round pick. BC guy, nasty, smart and quick, kid'll give Coughlin wood. Beatty - Diehl - Tennant - Snee - Whimper/McKenzie looks good to me.

Re: My Dream Giants Offseason

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:50 pm
by hobojoe2131
cgf wrote:
I know JR said that Canty was our 3-tech, but he's not really. He's built like one but he's a lot better at stuffing the run and so he could definitely play NT next to Price for us. Our DT position is pathetic right now, and I like Canty, we just don't know how well Alford will recover until we see him on the field. That's why I think we need to grab Brian Price or Dan Williams in round one. Hell I would also love to grab another tackle like Troup or Cam Thomas in the third or fourth just so we can have a solid rotation inside.

Daryl Washington isn't that under-sized, kid checks in at 240, he's lanky and not to strong but he's so incredibly fluid and quick and has a great nose for the ball that he could be a beast with some good DTs in front of him. Worst case scenario he'll be a monster WILL so we could move Boley over to SLB where he could blitz more and have one of the fastest and most fluid sets of OLBs in the league. Let Goff thump away in between those two with PRice/Williams, Canty, Alford and Thomas/Troup eating up lineman in front of him and our run D will go from pathetic to pretty damn beast.

As for Iupati I like him a lot as a prospect but not for us. Our OL needs a Center more than anything which is why I've already written in Matt Tennant for our third round pick. BC guy, nasty, smart and quick, kid'll give Coughlin wood. Beatty - Diehl - Tennant - Snee - Whimper/McKenzie looks good to me.


I dont think Thomas will last till 4, maybe 3.

The Falcons moved Boley to SLB and that's why they let him go, because he was awful at it. He's a WLB through and through.

You're right, O'Hara is getting old, and JR said it was going to be a transition for the O Line. And Whimper is a complete bust. No way he starts at RT.

Re: My Dream Giants Offseason

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:36 pm
by I_Love_NYK
When Boley was healthy he had a couple of big games. Health will be the most important thing for the Giants D-Line and O-Line. Tuck played on one shoulder, Canty, Boley and Ross were never the same from injury. McKenzie was also in and out of the lineup. I think there is potential in William Beatty, but there is no real depth in the O-Line.

Re: My Dream Giants Offseason

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:50 am
by cgf
hobojoe2131 wrote:
cgf wrote:
I know JR said that Canty was our 3-tech, but he's not really. He's built like one but he's a lot better at stuffing the run and so he could definitely play NT next to Price for us. Our DT position is pathetic right now, and I like Canty, we just don't know how well Alford will recover until we see him on the field. That's why I think we need to grab Brian Price or Dan Williams in round one. Hell I would also love to grab another tackle like Troup or Cam Thomas in the third or fourth just so we can have a solid rotation inside.

Daryl Washington isn't that under-sized, kid checks in at 240, he's lanky and not to strong but he's so incredibly fluid and quick and has a great nose for the ball that he could be a beast with some good DTs in front of him. Worst case scenario he'll be a monster WILL so we could move Boley over to SLB where he could blitz more and have one of the fastest and most fluid sets of OLBs in the league. Let Goff thump away in between those two with PRice/Williams, Canty, Alford and Thomas/Troup eating up lineman in front of him and our run D will go from pathetic to pretty damn beast.

As for Iupati I like him a lot as a prospect but not for us. Our OL needs a Center more than anything which is why I've already written in Matt Tennant for our third round pick. BC guy, nasty, smart and quick, kid'll give Coughlin wood. Beatty - Diehl - Tennant - Snee - Whimper/McKenzie looks good to me.


I dont think Thomas will last till 4, maybe 3.

The Falcons moved Boley to SLB and that's why they let him go, because he was awful at it. He's a WLB through and through.

You're right, O'Hara is getting old, and JR said it was going to be a transition for the O Line. And Whimper is a complete bust. No way he starts at RT.


If we don't get Thomas I'd be happy with troup, especially if we've get Brian Price earlier.

As for Boley he actually broke out as a SAM where his ability to lock up TEs in man and blitzing prowess got him notice. I don't know why he faded from there but he was at his best playing on the strongside of their D. And if we o can re-load our DL he would be more than fine playing there for us, depending on what Fewell does with our D.

O'hara isn't just getting old, he is old, he's coming off his worst season as a giants by far and frankly just seems to be done. I'd rather we start Seubert, who himself has lost a step, than O'hara, especially with the Tackles he has to face in our division. As for Whimper I don't see how you can call a 5th round pick who's started and played well for us a bust, even if he isn't starting caliber which I happen to think he is. He didn't do anything this year because we were breaking Beatty in, but last year he played very well when called upon and looked no worse than McKenzie doing so.