ImageImageImageImageImage

Does anybody still see potential in Mark Sanchez?

Moderator: Rich Rane

SheSaidSheWas18
Banned User
And1: 0

Does anybody still see potential in Mark Sanchez? 

Post#1 » by SheSaidSheWas18 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:02 pm

I feel like the mistakes he makes cannot be fixed. He is just not a good QB. He had one solid season at USC, a team loaded with talent and a great offensive line. I have no clue why the Jets took him with the 5th pick.
atribecalledrch
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Re: Does anybody still see potential in Mark Sanchez? 

Post#2 » by atribecalledrch » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:57 pm

I honestly don't. i feel he's hit the wall. He's succumbed to that USC QB curse. But without Schotty maybe he actually can improve.
GnarlesOakley
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#3 » by GnarlesOakley » Sun Jan 1, 2012 8:24 pm

Sanchez is trash. Another draft bust from the jets joke of a front office.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#4 » by TKF » Sun Jan 1, 2012 11:13 pm

I think he will be fine... look at guys like breese, thank god although benched in his 3rd year, the chargers didn't give up on him like jets fans are quick to do...
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Post#5 » by kdawg32086 » Sun Jan 1, 2012 11:13 pm

Sanchez isn't Brees, Rodgers, Brady, or Manning by any means but I don't think he's your problem. He's never going to be an all-time great like those guys but I think he can be a quality NFL starter. With all things considered, I don't think he's been much worse than Flacco or Rivers this year(and I'm a Ravens fan saying that). The bigger issues are your offensive coordinator, your offensive line, and your running game. The Jets gave up as many sacks and more QB hits this year than a Packers o-line held together with chewing gum and band aids.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
GnarlesOakley
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Re: Re: Does anybody still see potential in Mark Sanchez? 

Post#6 » by GnarlesOakley » Mon Jan 2, 2012 1:15 am

kdawg32086 wrote:Sanchez isn't Brees, Rodgers, Brady, or Manning by any means but I don't think he's your problem. He's never going to be an all-time great like those guys but I think he can be a quality NFL starter. With all things considered, I don't think he's been much worse than Flacco or Rivers this year(and I'm a Ravens fan saying that). The bigger issues are your offensive coordinator, your offensive line, and your running game. The Jets gave up as many sacks and more QB hits this year than a Packers o-line held together with chewing gum and band aids.

I agree that the line and playcalling are hurting him. Sanchez deserves a chance under a competent OC. But I honestly don't have much faith in him. The kid just seems too dumb to be a good NFL qb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
disgruntledknicksfan
Senior
And1: 1

Post#7 » by disgruntledknicksfan » Tue Jan 3, 2012 3:14 am

Sanchez is NOT Brees. He has trouble making the most basic throws.
Granted his o-line hasn't helped much. It has gotten worse every year and the run game has suffered.
Now I have to listen to Tanny talk about improving from within with DuCasse? That dude is worse than Hunter!
Sometimes I wonder if the front office has a clue.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#8 » by j4remi » Wed Jan 4, 2012 5:01 am

Let's not forget that dude got beat to hell this season and was playing hurt late this season...He improved his accuracy for a good portion of the season but looked completely out of whack in the last couple of games.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#9 » by zilby » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Honestly, I don't think he's the problem with the team's lackadaisical offense. It has to do with:

A) O-Line. It's gotten progressively worse, and Wayne Hunter, Slauson and Ducasse are unreliable and Sanchez was beaten all season. Not to mention he played hurt. I think the only good person on our O-Line right now is Nick Mangold and even he was playing hurt. Hunter was hot trash the entire season, and Sanchez got absolutely no help there.

B) No playmaking receivers. Aside from Plax's few good weeks, no receivers seemed to shake their man or set up plays for Sanchez. Santo had a below average season, and Keller had a quiet year too. Who's after that, Patrick Turner? Truthfully I think Braylon Edwards was missed sorely this year, and I hope considering he had a silent year maybe he can come back on a very cheap deal and perform. We also lack a deep threat, forcing Sanchez to either have to throw the ball away or make a 1 yd pass to Tomlinson, or throw an INT. This is a necessity in the draft.

C) Schotty. God I hate this guy's playcalling. He's been so predictable that defenses expose us on that because they know what's coming. Whenever Sanchez ran the two minute no-huddle offense they looked splendid out there. Glad Schott's gone though.

Truthfully, Sanchez isn't Tom Brady or Drew Brees. But I think he's a quality QB and if the front office actually addresses his needs they could make it work. Maybe if the Colts let go of Manning or we get a veteran to coach him... Who knows.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#10 » by Icness » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:09 pm

zilby wrote:Honestly, I don't think he's the problem with the team's lackadaisical offense. It has to do with:

A) O-Line. It's gotten progressively worse, and Wayne Hunter, Slauson and Ducasse are unreliable and Sanchez was beaten all season. Not to mention he played hurt. I think the only good person on our O-Line right now is Nick Mangold and even he was playing hurt. Hunter was hot trash the entire season, and Sanchez got absolutely no help there.

B) No playmaking receivers. Aside from Plax's few good weeks, no receivers seemed to shake their man or set up plays for Sanchez. Santo had a below average season, and Keller had a quiet year too. Who's after that, Patrick Turner? Truthfully I think Braylon Edwards was missed sorely this year, and I hope considering he had a silent year maybe he can come back on a very cheap deal and perform. We also lack a deep threat, forcing Sanchez to either have to throw the ball away or make a 1 yd pass to Tomlinson, or throw an INT. This is a necessity in the draft.

C) Schotty. God I hate this guy's playcalling. He's been so predictable that defenses expose us on that because they know what's coming. Whenever Sanchez ran the two minute no-huddle offense they looked splendid out there. Glad Schott's gone though.

Truthfully, Sanchez isn't Tom Brady or Drew Brees. But I think he's a quality QB and if the front office actually addresses his needs they could make it work. Maybe if the Colts let go of Manning or we get a veteran to coach him... Who knows.

I'm pretty much in line behind you. He can be just as good and effective as Joe Flacco or Matt Hasselbeck if given a good supporting cast. But he has to believe that too and I'm not sure he does anymore.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,093

Post#11 » by moocow007 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Me personally, I would make sure I that Ryan Grigson has my number on speed dial if I were Tannenbaum. IMO Sanchez doesn't have enough bite for a Rex Ryan led team.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#12 » by TNBT » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:34 am

I'm sort of on the fence when it comes to Sanchez. He's my favorite player so I may be biased a little, but I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as some of my fellow Jets fans act. Sure we would like for him to have been a better player, but those calling him "trash" or "crap" or whatever else are taking it too far. You can't pin every single fault with the offense squarely on Sanchez. As has been mentioned, half the O-Line suck, the play-calling was rediculous and we needed more recieving targets. I think adding a guy like Hill in the draft could go a long way towards fixing that issue, as he will take some pressure off Holmes and also provide a deep threat.

The real thing that I am looking forward to finding out though is how he handles having Tebow waiting on the bench. I think (or is that hope?) that he will be motivated by it and want to prove that this is his team and that the Jets made the right call in keeping him around. However, there is always the possibility that he crumbles under the pressure and falls apart. Lets hope, for all our sakes, that the first one happens.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#13 » by Greenie » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:31 am

no
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#14 » by Bertrob » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:43 am

Of course he does.
He hasn't been great, but lets no act like hes some scrub. He hasn't even had consistent good offensive options around him. Who has he had at WR? No one
Give Sanchez time, plenty of QBs bloom late. He'd look just as good as Matt Ryan if he was in Atlanta
BoBBo!
Starter
And1: 875

Post#15 » by BoBBo! » Fri Sep 7, 2012 7:51 pm

I have no faith in Sanchez as the franchise QB. I've already bet on futures that Tebow starts more than 1.5 games this year and that Tebow throws more than 2 TD passes (both are even money bets).

Sanchez can help to "not lose" games as we saw in the 2009 & 2010 playoffs but when your defence & running game can't win you games outright anymore, we're more or less screwed with him at the helm.

I'd say he's one of the most overrated guys in the NFL based on his publicity but everyone outside of NY knows how mediocre he is so it's common knowledge.

Signed,
Diehard Jets fans since 1995
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,093

Post#16 » by moocow007 » Mon Oct 1, 2012 11:23 pm

Ill stick with my opinion from February (few posts above). Do not think Sanchez can lead a team that isnt absolutely stacked to anything. He just does nothing well. Not a particularly strong arm which limits what you can do even if they managed Chad Johnson. Not mobile enough to make it a part of his game. Not a big game guy. And honestly nothing suggests he can really improve as hes not done so thus far.
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#17 » by Shark » Thu Oct 4, 2012 1:54 pm

I'd go as far as to say that he's regressed. Of course you could point to the chicken and egg problem that is the Jets passing/rushing attack. You could say that because Greene and Powell haven't done anything at all it hasn't helped take the pressure of Sanchez. On the other hand, it could be said that if Sanchez can't complete at least 50% of his passes then teams will just stack up against the run. All in all its not just that Sanchez is bad, but our whole offense. That said, I don't think Sanchez is the guy to lead this franchise either way. Not really sure Tebow is in the long run either.
hatnlvr
General Manager
And1: 1,117

Post#18 » by hatnlvr » Tue Oct 9, 2012 1:23 pm

I'm definitely not going to say that Sanchez has regressed, but the entire Offense around definitely has. Our starting RB only rushes for 26 yards which is absolute garbage, and he has no weapons to throw to. If Sanchez was stinking up the joint and couldn't get the ball to his WR's then that would be one thing but when he is given time he is making nice throws (which are being dropped). The FO has done nothing to improve the offense, it has gotten worst each of the past two seasons and from watching the games Sanchez is not the problem on offense.

Give the man some WR's to throw to and a RB who is actually starting caliber (not to mention some depth at Oline) and the entire offense will look different. You can't ignore one side of the ball while you blinding keep drafting for the other and think things will work out.
ImageImage

Return to New York Jets