[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cna0nfTnfoQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQfdQLayyT0[/youtube]
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Re: New York Jets Select Demario Davis 

Post#2 » by moocow007 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:46 am

Jets going with another great physically elite player. Davis is a Fast, physical, mean OLB that loves to lay a hard hit on anyone with the ball. Without question, a Rex Ryan type player. Can chase guys all over the field, high motor, can fall back on coverage or rush the passer. Has great potential also on special teams. A great inside-outside pairing with David Harris. Really like this pick. Massie would have been interesting here but Davis seems like a terrific fit.

Great albeit risky draft so far. Now to find some gems or hope someone falls to the later rounds.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,797

Post#3 » by Rich Rane » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:50 am

I think Davis, to cover his pass coverage weaknesses, should just be brought in and attack the ball. He's explosive and loves to get at the QB while also plugging runs. I have a feeling he'll do great in Ryan's blitzes.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Post#4 » by moocow007 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:55 am

They're saying that if Davis had played at a major program in a better conference he'd have been a 1 st rounder. Good to hear.
Lead Assistant
And1: 277

Post#5 » by 624 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:56 am

Rich Rane wrote:I think Davis, to cover his pass coverage weaknesses, should just be brought in and attack the ball. He's explosive and loves to get at the QB while also plugging runs. I have a feeling he'll do great in Ryan's blitzes.

He isn't great in coverage now, but definitely has potential in that area.

I think he'll be a 3rd down/package player and a ST star in his 1st year, and step in for Scott next year starting next to Harris.

Their team speed on defense just went way up.

I was hoping for Massie when he was on the board, but he must have serious red flags since he still hasn't been selected and the Jets even brought him in for a visit.

Davis is their 3rd player in 3 picks with a ridiculously high ceiling and a freakish athlete.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,797

Post#6 » by Rich Rane » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:02 am

624 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:I think Davis, to cover his pass coverage weaknesses, should just be brought in and attack the ball. He's explosive and loves to get at the QB while also plugging runs. I have a feeling he'll do great in Ryan's blitzes.

I agree, but until then, I say let him attack the ball.
Lead Assistant
And1: 277

Post#7 » by 624 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:03 am

Rich Rane wrote:
624 wrote:

I agree, but until then, I say let him attack the ball.

Agreed. Watch the way he blitzes the A gap at 3:16 in this video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cna0nfTnfoQ[/youtube]
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#8 » by TNBT » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:32 pm

I'm pretty stoked with this pick as well, and he has been getting nothing but praise from everywhere, including Ryan and our best player in Revis. Seems like we may have a steal with this pick. I liked that his ability to rush the QB has been mentioned, because for a defense that some considered to slow last season, we now have Coples, Wilkerson, Ellis, Maybin and Davis who can all put a heap of pressure on the QB, and that's just the players that came to my head as I type this. I think we're going to have one hell of a defense this season, especially if older guys like Scott, Pace and Thomas can stay healthy and productive, and if we get good and consistent play from the safety spots.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Post#9 » by j4remi » Thu Jul 5, 2012 11:25 am

TNBT wrote:I'm pretty stoked with this pick as well, and he has been getting nothing but praise from everywhere, including Ryan and our best player in Revis. Seems like we may have a steal with this pick. I liked that his ability to rush the QB has been mentioned, because for a defense that some considered to slow last season, we now have Coples, Wilkerson, Ellis, Maybin and Davis who can all put a heap of pressure on the QB, and that's just the players that came to my head as I type this. I think we're going to have one hell of a defense this season, especially if older guys like Scott, Pace and Thomas can stay healthy and productive, and if we get good and consistent play from the safety spots.

Agreed, I think the big fear for me is that we don't have true depth at some defensive positions...so we potentially have a great defense but injuries could turn that into a pretty good defense instead. I have high hopes though.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo

Return to New York Jets