ImageImageImageImageImage

Week 5: Texans @ Jets | Oct. 8th, 8:30PM, ESPN

Moderator: Rich Rane

JMaine518
Starter
And1: 156

Re: Week 5: Texans @ Jets | Oct. 8th, 8:30PM, ESPN 

Post#21 » by JMaine518 » Tue Oct 9, 2012 3:46 am

J.J. Watt "YOU CAN'T TRY AND THROW IT OVER MY HEAD" LMFAO! SANCHEZ HAS TO GO!
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,976

Post#22 » by Stannis » Tue Oct 9, 2012 3:48 am

Rich Rane wrote:He can't throw and the Jets at best are average with the Wildcat. Can't do anything without run blocking and capable options on the Wildcat.

Well, we will never know unless the Jets actually give Tim starter minutes.
Free Palestine
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,824

Post#23 » by Rich Rane » Tue Oct 9, 2012 3:53 am

Shpati21 wrote:Well, we will never know unless the Jets actually give Tim starter minutes.

Not many people want Tebow to start more than I do just so his lacking ability to throw the ball will be on full display. The Jets can't run the ball (with the combination of not having a #1 RB and run blocking), their best receivers are out, and lately can't protect the QB consistently. Tebow can't succeed here.
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#24 » by Shark » Tue Oct 9, 2012 3:55 am

Hate to say it, but I agree. The guy has a career completion percentage of 50%. Not saying you don't give him a chance, but I don't see any reason to expect so much more from Tebow. Yes he can run it too, but if our RBs aren't getting the blocking they need, he won't either.

Also less wildcat please. Sparano used it to death with the Dolphins, its just not a surprise anymore.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#25 » by TKF » Tue Oct 9, 2012 4:10 am

sanchez made a lot of great throws tonight, but again, our offensive line is a joke, and our receivers don't get open much...

what can you do?
Shark
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by Shark » Tue Oct 9, 2012 4:20 am

TKF wrote:sanchez made a lot of great throws tonight, but again, our offensive line is a joke, and our receivers don't get open much...

what can you do?

That's what makes it tough to evaluate Sanchez this season. This was the first game I had a chance to watch and its just tough for me to place all the blame on Sanchez. I feel that the play calling is still pretty weak most of the time (not sure I trust Sparano much more than Shottenheimer).
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,464

Post#27 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Oct 9, 2012 4:21 am

TKF wrote:sanchez made a lot of great throws tonight, but again, our offensive line is a joke, and our receivers don't get open much...

what can you do?

The biggest problem I saw tonight is how are you not expecting Watt to time your release and block your passes at the line of scrimmage? Some of the blame falls on the coaching staff, the line to a smaller extent and Sanchez for not expecting it and throwing some quick pump fakes in the mix.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#28 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Oct 9, 2012 4:24 am

Rich Rane wrote:
Shpati21 wrote:Well, we will never know unless the Jets actually give Tim starter minutes.

Not many people want Tebow to start more than I do just so his lacking ability to throw the ball will be on full display. The Jets can't run the ball (with the combination of not having a #1 RB and run blocking), their best receivers are out, and lately can't protect the QB consistently. Tebow can't succeed here.

His lack of throwing ability was on display last year also and they still won games... Tonight's game is a w with Tebow in the game 100percent of the time.
Shark
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by Shark » Tue Oct 9, 2012 4:29 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

His lack of throwing ability was on display last year also and they still won games... Tonight's game is a w with Tebow in the game 100percent of the time.

And did you see how he ended the season? He got figured out. He lost 4 of his last 5 games (including the playoffs). The Pats had the formula for beating Tebow and teams took it and ran with it.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#30 » by Rich Rane » Tue Oct 9, 2012 4:37 am

ibraheim718 wrote:His lack of throwing ability was on display last year also and they still won games...

That Denver team knew how to run block and had great options off the wildcat until they were figured out. Jets don't have either luxury. What's left for defenses to figure?

Tonight's game is a w with Tebow in the game 100percent of the time.

No...just no.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#31 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Oct 9, 2012 4:44 am

Rich Rane wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:His lack of throwing ability was on display last year also and they still won games...

That Denver team knew how to run block and had great options off the wildcat until they were figured out. Jets don't have either luxury. What's left for defenses to figure?

Tonight's game is a w with Tebow in the game 100percent of the time.

No...just no.

Rich that fourth quarter FG is 7 points if they just leave Tim in...

And Tim isn't just a Wildcat/option QB.. he's most effective in the spread.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#32 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Oct 9, 2012 4:50 am

Shark wrote:And did you see how he ended the season? He got figured out. He lost 4 of his last 5 games (including the playoffs). The Pats had the formula for beating Tebow and teams took it and ran with it.

The Pats were at home and they tore up the defense... they could've had Peyton Manning back there... oh wait they had Peyton Manning out there this weekend and that up tempo offense tore them up again.

And I just disagree about teams figuring him out... teams game plan successfully for all QB's at some point for different stretches of the season. All I know is the Broncos... and I live in the rocky mountain area so I watched a lot of the Bronco games up close... won a lot of games in dramatic fashion with TIm at QB. Sometimes it wasn't pretty but like I said earlier... when the clock is winding down and TIm running the 2 minute offense, no huddle, in the spread offense he's at his deadliest. And imo he throws a better deep ball than sanchez... he doesn't throw a better short ball or intermediate ball but he's fine throwing it down the field.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#33 » by Rich Rane » Tue Oct 9, 2012 4:51 am

ibraheim718 wrote:Rich that fourth quarter FG is 7 points if they just leave Tim in...

It's not exactly a given. He wasted that first down going for no gain.

With a solid option at wideout, which as of last week, the Jets don't have along with a solid run game, which the Jets haven't had in quite some time.

ibraheim718 wrote:The Pats were at home and they tore up the defense... they could've had Peyton Manning back there... oh wait they had Peyton Manning out there this weekend and that up tempo offense tore them up again.

Please don't go down this path...
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#34 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Oct 9, 2012 4:58 am

Rich Rane wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:Rich that fourth quarter FG is 7 points if they just leave Tim in...

It's not exactly a given. He wasted that first down going for no gain.

With a solid option at wideout, which as of last week, the Jets don't have along with a solid run game, which the Jets haven't had in quite some time.

Give him 2 more downs and he gets in... I've seen him do it so many times.

The bottom line is TIm is a better football player than Sanchez... His energy, his leadership, his ability to lift his teammates up.. that stuff matters. Mark had two good throws tonight and 1 miss on the cromartie throw where he under threw him... TIm threw the ball one time and laid it in Hill's hands and he dropped it. Like I said and maybe this year isn't the best time to do it... but get some shifty, quick receivers and at least 1 deep threat next year and give TIm a shot... if it was a different QB that had potential sure you be patient but Sanchez Doesn't have it.

Let me ask you a question how many back up QB's would you rather have running the Jets offense other than Mark Sanchez?
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#35 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Oct 9, 2012 4:59 am

Rich Rane wrote:Please don't go down this path...

I don't understand... what Path? We're just talking football. Denver defensively doesn't match up well with New England.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#36 » by Rich Rane » Tue Oct 9, 2012 5:17 am

ibraheim718 wrote:Give him 2 more downs and he gets in... I've seen him do it so many times.

I've seen him lose yardage on so many plays for the Jets. That doesn't mean that's a given either, but I'm not buying into the automatic 6.

The bottom line is TIm is a better football player than Sanchez... His energy, his leadership, his ability to lift his teammates up.. that stuff matters.

Intagibles...great. But flat out talent? Nothing Tebow's done so far was better than Sanchez's playoff runs. And if lack of talent costs games? You could forget about that energy and leadership here.

Mark had two good throws tonight and 1 miss on the cromartie throw where he under threw him... TIm threw the ball one time and laid it in Hill's hands and he dropped it. Like I said and maybe this year isn't the best time to do it... but get some shifty, quick receivers and at least 1 deep threat next year and give TIm a shot... if it was a different QB that had potential sure you be patient but Sanchez Doesn't have it.

Tebow doesn't have potential on this team. Nothing's going to convince me otherwise here.

Let me ask you a question how many back up QB's would you rather have running the Jets offense other than Mark Sanchez?

Honestly? Not many. Do I still think Sanchez should be benched for Tebow? Nope.

ibraheim718 wrote:I don't understand... what Path? We're just talking football. Denver defensively doesn't match up well with New England.

Apologies, I thought you were about to compare Peyton Manning to Tim Tebow.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#37 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Oct 9, 2012 6:38 am

Rich I just don't think the Jets have anything to lose giving TIm a chance because I don't believe even with decent talent Sanchez gets you where you want to go unless they build a defense like the one they had a few years ago. So in saying that giving Tebow a chance to see if he does have "it" or doesn't have "it" you kill two birds with one stone and then the franchise can move on.

But let's say the Jets lose at home against Indy and at NE and they decide to give Tebow a full time shot at QB and he plays well and they win a few games then maybe it might be worth to build the team next year around his strengths... if he fails you put into works a plan to find out where you can get that franchise QB but I just don't think Sanchez is it.

Ryan Mallett is one guy I'd try and get my hands on if I could... but what do their draft picks look like next year? Do you guys have a first?

I'd also take Kyle Orton over Sanchez... the Foles kid in Philadelphia(because I think he's going to be really good), Matt Flynn, Jason Campbell, and Hasselbeck.. and there's a few which are pretty close but I'm not comfortable leaning that way.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#38 » by moocow007 » Tue Oct 9, 2012 12:48 pm

26 rushing yards from your no.1 back is not going to do it when your QB manages only 14-31 for a meek 230 yards...offensive line or not. Greene is a one dimensional runner...straight up the middle. Problem is he doesnt possess the strength or explosiveness to break tackles and is basically nullified completely if your Oline cant open things up for him. Tim Tebow should not be the best running back on the team...and if he is you know youre in trouble.
Shark
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by Shark » Tue Oct 9, 2012 1:41 pm

Yeah, I was always hesitant to get hyped up about Greene. The funny thing is that despite his weaknesses he still plays as if he were strong enough to break tackles. Wanting to play smash mouth football is all well and good, but he just can't do it.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#40 » by Rich Rane » Tue Oct 9, 2012 6:12 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:Rich I just don't think the Jets have anything to lose giving TIm a chance because I don't believe even with decent talent Sanchez gets you where you want to go unless they build a defense like the one they had a few years ago. So in saying that giving Tebow a chance to see if he does have "it" or doesn't have "it" you kill two birds with one stone and then the franchise can move on.

I have a problem with Tebow starting if people think he's going to carry this team. However, I have no problem with Tebow starting if it finally puts the case that he's a good QB to rest.

But let's say the Jets lose at home against Indy and at NE and they decide to give Tebow a full time shot at QB and he plays well and they win a few games then maybe it might be worth to build the team next year around his strengths... if he fails you put into works a plan to find out where you can get that franchise QB but I just don't think Sanchez is it.

I'm with Denver. I wouldn't build a team around a QB whose arm I'm not comfortable with. This team's problems extend much further than who's under center. I have no problem going with a complete rebuild and if Tebow is here for that, all power to him. As a fan however, there is no way in hell I'm expecting a lot from him.

Ryan Mallett is one guy I'd try and get my hands on if I could... but what do their draft picks look like next year? Do you guys have a first?

The Jets have all of their own picks. I'd rather draft a QB than trade for Mallett.

I'd also take Kyle Orton over Sanchez... the Foles kid in Philadelphia(because I think he's going to be really good), Matt Flynn, Jason Campbell, and Hasselbeck.. and there's a few which are pretty close but I'm not comfortable leaning that way.

And I'd take all those guys over Tim Tebow. None of those guys change the dynamic of this team anyway.

moocow007 wrote:26 rushing yards from your no.1 back is not going to do it when your QB manages only 14-31 for a meek 230 yards...offensive line or not. Greene is a one dimensional runner...straight up the middle. Problem is he doesnt possess the strength or explosiveness to break tackles and is basically nullified completely if your Oline cant open things up for him. Tim Tebow should not be the best running back on the team...and if he is you know youre in trouble.

Exactly. When he's not running up the middle, he doesn't have the explosiveness to turn on the corners off bootlegs, counters, or as an option in the Wildcat and will get lucky to not lose any yardage.

Return to New York Jets