Week 7: New York Jets @ New England Patriots

Moderator: Rich Rane

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,977

Re: Week 7: New York Jets @ New England Patriots 

Post#21 » by Stannis » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:36 am

Bad loss.

I think it is essential to have Tebow in more trick passing plays and running plays, especially with the Jets running backs' health.
Free Palestine
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#22 » by TKF » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:52 pm

BLAME sanchez all you want, but the jets play for field goals... I said you can't keep kicking field goals.. the NY post pretty much summed it up..

The Jets were fighting for their lives at the end because they lacked the killer instinct that all finishers summon under duress. When your special teams gives you the ball at the New England 18 with two minutes left, throw for the end zone. Instead: Tebow for 2 yards. Joe McKnight for a yard. Sack. Field goal.

And: Third-and-a-short-2 at the Patriots’ 2, early third quarter. Two-down territory. Make a statement. Tony Sparano turns into Brian Schottenheimer and dials up a Sanchez slant for Chaz schilens. Field goal.

“We said it early in the week — you can’t kick field goals against this team,” Sanchez said. “You got to get seven points.”

after that fumble on the kickoff the jets went into field goal mode, I blame that on the coach.. why not play action pass on first down and go for the endzone....
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#23 » by TKF » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Shemy wrote:Some sloppy ****

Flags in key situations, that sanchez pick was terrible, CRO dropping the INT, hill dropping that pass was huge at the very least even if we do only get the FG we are still able to take off a much bigger chunk and give Brady about a minute with no timeouts left

hill has bricks for hands.. if he catches that he can turn and run and probably gets close to the end zone, in which we can then try a couple of running plays, at least make the pats use their timeouts.. .can't blame sanchez for that, he was making some great throws.. those deep outs to kerley were very nice.... the problem with sanchez is that he doesn't throw the ball away... just stupid..
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#24 » by zilby » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Missed this game, I followed the gamecast from 23-20 onward. Can anyone fill me in?
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,826

Post#25 » by Rich Rane » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:42 pm

zilby wrote:Missed this game, I followed the gamecast from 23-20 onward. Can anyone fill me in?

Sanchez late in the 4th on 3rd down threw a pass to Stephen Hill in their red zone. Hill was wide open, but the ball bounced off his brick hands so instead of 1st down with the Patriots using some of their timeouts, Jets settled for a field goal for the tie.

On the ensuing kickoff, Devin McCourty fumbled and we recovered. Instead of attacking their secondary, Jets ran the ball and got sacked on third down. Settled for a field goal to get the lead. Defense gave them a field goal for overtime, in which they then won.

TKF wrote:
Shemy wrote:Some sloppy ****

Flags in key situations, that sanchez pick was terrible, CRO dropping the INT, hill dropping that pass was huge at the very least even if we do only get the FG we are still able to take off a much bigger chunk and give Brady about a minute with no timeouts left

hill has bricks for hands.. if he catches that he can turn and run and probably gets close to the end zone, in which we can then try a couple of running plays, at least make the pats use their timeouts.. .can't blame sanchez for that, he was making some great throws.. those deep outs to kerley were very nice.... the problem with sanchez is that he doesn't throw the ball away... just stupid..

Exactly. I don't blame the entire loss on Sanchez, but throw the damn ball away or take the sack if the guy's got you below the knee.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#26 » by zilby » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks for the update, Rich. Since we don't get NFL football in Canada yesterday I went to Buffalo to see the Bills game! There was a trip happening so I went with a few buddies, it was unreal. Great game, but Washington had a TD to put them up by 1 with like 50 seconds left, the crowd goes dead silent. :lol: It was my 2nd NFL game I've ever been to (went on the trip last year too, Bills def. Eagles 35-28), they're a ton of fun. Now I envy you guys for being able to go to them frequently :p

Haven't seen the footage, but sucks Hill dropped that pass. Though I am reading the Jets were mad at the refs for not forcing the substitution rule... Did anyone else see this?
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#27 » by Shemy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:28 am

Thy were also mad that the clock didn't go past the two minute mark after the fumble recovery, pretty much giving New England an extra timeout
"They scared now"

Return to New York Jets