ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Should Rex Ryan get fired after this season?

Moderator: Rich Rane

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 17

Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

OT: Should Rex Ryan get fired after this season? 

Post#1 » by Nostrand Ave » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:48 am

If Jets finish with a record worse than last seasons, should Rex get fired?

I know Idzik is terrible, but can someone answer these questions?

1) Who is responsible for too many being on the field?
2) Who is responsible for poor time-out management in games?
3) Who picks the Offensive Coordinator?

After those 2 AFC's championships, Jets have gotten worse every season. Rex has to take the blame for this.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Re: OT: Should Rex Ryan get fired after this season? 

Post#2 » by GYK » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:58 am

Not at all.
He needs an offense. His team has gotten worse every year but they took away Sanchez weapons and never got any for Geno.

Rex has made a stars out of his new defensive frontline and rejuvenated Scott's linebackers core career.
Can you imagine the team if they had say an Luck on their team. Coming up draft class is Winston and Marcus. They need one of those guys. One being far more Luck while the other being more Kap.

They sit 20million under the cap and have no offense. Their team is very young but because of how great the defense is year in and out makes people want more now.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,940

Post#3 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:02 am

Rex Ryan reminds me so much of Woodson this season. A guy known for defense who is too loyal to his players. He needs to be fired ASAP. He is not a bad coach, but he is part of a bad culture right night. I think EVERYONE needs to be fired there, but Woodson...er Ryan is the guy who is easy to pin this on. If Rex Ryan wanted to establish a culture of character, he would have made an example of Geno. Vick should be suspended for not giving a rats buttocks about preparing for the game. As a vet you need to be a leader. Vick should be being an EXAMPLE for Geno. Someone who shows him the right way and is competing every minute to take Geno's job while helping him at the same time.

Who wins superbowls? teams that are not run by the asylum.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#4 » by Nostrand Ave » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:04 am

GYK wrote:Not at all.
He needs an offense. His team has gotten worse every year but they took away Sanchez weapons and never got any for Geno.

Rex has made a stars out of his new defensive frontline and rejuvenated Scott's linebackers core career.
Can you imagine the team if they had say an Luck on their team. Coming up draft class is Winston and Marcus. They need one of those guys. One being far more Luck while the other being more Kap.

They sit 20million under the cap and have no offense. Their team is very young but because of how great the defense is year in and out makes people want more now.

Name 1 thing Rex has done to improve this offense? He's the Head Coach.

As a matter of fact, name 1 thing Rex has done to improve this team? This team has gotten worse each season. You dont think Rex deserves blame for this?

Why am I Jets fan and not a Giants fan. :(
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#5 » by GYK » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:17 am

Nostrand Ave wrote:
GYK wrote:Not at all.

Name 1 thing Rex has done to improve this offense? He's the Head Coach.

As a matter of fact, name 1 thing Rex has done to improve this team? This team has gotten worse each season. You dont think Rex deserves blame for this?

Why am I Jets fan and not a Giants fan. :(

Not every head coach is an offensive guru. Eli doesn't go to Tom about the offense. neither does Brady to Bill. Neither does Peyton.

Rex has done the best with what he has. What did you think the teams record was to be previous years? If you look the team went through a youth movement right after the AFC games. He hasn't had a running game to base his game around. He hasn't had pro bowl receiver or ends. They gave up Revis and exposed Cro as an number 2, although with the Cardinals probably the perfect number 2 in the league.

I get your mad that the team sucks but they didn't give Rex a real shot. If you remember last season they thought it was over, radio announcing he is a lame duck coach. Again his defense is the cheap saving grace to his teams.
I honestly believe you give him a true franchise QB I know they will rings, as his QB will be one of few with a defense behind them and the defense on of the few with a pro bowl QB behind it.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,764

Post#6 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:41 am

it's not Rex's fault this team sucks but, someone has to be the fall-out guy and unfortunately it's him since Idzik has only been here two years. Great defensive front and if Idzik didn't have his head in his @ss we would have DRC Milliner and Wilson in the secondary which is passable in the NFL especially with that pass rush. It also doesn't help that Decker's hamstring decided to go this year but, that also could be blamed on Rex that he played him in that chicago game (dumb decision that probably cost them any chance of making the playoffs this year) but, also that blame falls on Idzik who put allhis eggs in one basket at receiver when there were plenty available to draft (Benjamin, Odell Beckham, etc.) and sign (Tate, Sanders, etc.) Instead he took Pryor which was not a need at all and has been pretty underwhelming so far. And has stayed 20 million under the cap for no reason at all besides being a cheap @ss.

IMO Mornhinweg has to go also.For example, last week they get the ball first and get a chance to hold possession for a little while instead they throw 3 straight passes with that horrendous offensive line right now and Geno almost gets his head taken off. Their recipe for success is what the Cowboys' is right now. Run the ball with Ivory 20-30 times a game. Pass in certain situations and keep the other passing attack off the field. I shudder to think what the Broncos are going to do to them this week....
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Post#7 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:37 am

rex had a miserable season and sat tebow. he rose sanchez who i wouldnt trust to ketchup my hotdog without effing it up.

now he has geno who is a practice QB, put vick in. what do you have to lose??? vick has a better arm and can run. geno should be wrapping my cold cuts. 1/2 lb. pastrami, Geno. slice it thin, you loser.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,082

Post#8 » by vallen » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:15 am

he was set up fail, and has slowly been losing talent yeary. rather then building on the earlier success, when he was winning, they took stuff away. didnt replace it. hes a good coach, but didnt have a fair chance that other owners would have better provided him with.

24 mill in cap space we couldnt get 1 DB ? With the pressure the front line puts out, this is the one thing that makes it work. 1 T.O/1 Stop, could have us winning any of those games, and actually have a winning record.

this orginization starts sucking from the Top. I blame ownership more then anything, then start moving down.

and those 12 draft picks sure were winners....what a sucky franchise, makes me sick....
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,600

Post#9 » by j4remi » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:21 pm

I have a hard time blaming Rex fully when Idzik seems to be running the show imo. Rex would never go into the season without two proven CB's to run things. Everyone knew Geno needed time to grow and he needed help to improve...but what he got was a downgraded O-line and a career second WR on the depth chart to run as the top dog. It might be forgivable if Idzik didn't have so much cap space to make use of...and still have it. The Jets could have afforded strong players at CB, WR and to keep their O-line in tact if not improve it.

I'll say that I think Rex has to go just because he's had his tenure and it's time for change. But I put just as much blame on Idzik for this season's debacle and if he got fired with Rex, I'd have no qualms.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,187

Post#10 » by moocow007 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:04 pm

They should have fired Ryan after last season (this team has become too much of a zoo) and never hired an inexperienced and unproven ("cap guy") Idzik to try to manage to get this Titanic of a team righted.

Now? They should still fire Ryan AND add Idzik to the unemployment line next to him. Not only did he manage to do absolutely nothing with the $24 million in cap space, his 2014 draft picks have been arguably the worst ever managed in Jet history for a single draft. And he apparently doesn't realize that "has beens" and "thugs" are not the best options to fill your roster with when you are trying to get something that was leaning straight again. Honestly, the Jets have turned into the Raiders with the main difference being their thugs aren't as talented as the Raiders thugs.

Hire someone that actually has a proven track record of building top franchises like Bill Polian as the GM and head decision maker. Hire someone that actually can both talk the talk AND walk the walk to be the head coach like JIm Harbaugh. Oh and...as unlikely as it is...if somehow someone else can buy majority stakes in the Jets and dump Woody Johnson from his emperor like control that would be the perfect trifecta.
nyJnyKnyY
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#11 » by nyJnyKnyY » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:36 pm

moocow007 wrote:They should have fired Ryan after last season (this team has become too much of a zoo) and never hired an inexperienced and unproven ("cap guy") Idzik to try to manage to get this Titanic of a team righted.

Now? They should still fire Ryan AND add Idzik to the unemployment line next to him. Not only did he manage to do absolutely nothing with the $24 million in cap space, his 2014 draft picks have been arguably the worst ever managed in Jet history for a single draft. And he apparently doesn't realize that "has beens" and "thugs" are not the best options to fill your roster with when you are trying to get something that was leaning straight again. Honestly, the Jets have turned into the Raiders with the main difference being their thugs aren't as talented as the Raiders thugs.

Hire someone that actually has a proven track record of building top franchises like Bill Polian as the GM and head decision maker. Hire someone that actually can both talk the talk AND walk the walk to be the head coach like JIm Harbaugh. Oh and...as unlikely as it is...if somehow someone else can buy majority stakes in the Jets and dump Woody Johnson from his emperor like control that would be the perfect trifecta.

what thugs are on the jets roster?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by moocow007 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:15 pm

nyJnyKnyY wrote:
moocow007 wrote:They should have fired Ryan after last season (this team has become too much of a zoo) and never hired an inexperienced and unproven ("cap guy") Idzik to try to manage to get this Titanic of a team righted.

What CB that they signed didn't bother showing up? Which of their draft picks ended up being charged for assault? What RB that Idzik acquired is in court on gun charges?

Answers? Dimitri Patterson, Quincy Enunwa and Mike Goodson.
nyJnyKnyY
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#13 » by nyJnyKnyY » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:24 pm

moocow007 wrote:
nyJnyKnyY wrote:

What CB that they signed didn't bother showing up? Which of their draft picks ended up being charged for assault? What RB that Idzik acquired is in court on gun charges?

Answers? Dimitri Patterson, Quincy Enunwa and Mike Goodson.

Not standing up for idzik... Not a fan but the three U mentioned only one if he is still even on the team made it to this year... Just sayyen Rex stays idzik out

NY Made
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#14 » by Yankeeknickfan » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:36 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:Rex Ryan reminds me so much of Woodson this season. A guy known for defense who is too loyal to his players. He needs to be fired ASAP. He is not a bad coach, but he is part of a bad culture right night. I think EVERYONE needs to be fired there, but Woodson...er Ryan is the guy who is easy to pin this on. If Rex Ryan wanted to establish a culture of character, he would have made an example of Geno. Vick should be suspended for not giving a rats buttocks about preparing for the game. As a vet you need to be a leader. Vick should be being an EXAMPLE for Geno. Someone who shows him the right way and is competing every minute to take Geno's job while helping him at the same time.

Who wins superbowls? teams that are not run by the asylum.

He's not that bad woodson is a terrible coach and he had players ( melo stat thjr) but rex has no weapons
Imageceltics
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#15 » by zilby » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:50 pm

In a perfect world, Rex won't take the fall for Idzik being an absolute moron. Truthfully we need to clean house though. I'd run with Rex till the end of the season and see where we are then. Idzik should be the first to go (immediately). Then Mornhinweg, if need be, Rex as well.

Unfortunately, Rex is going to take the fall. Idzik has completely screwed this team by being cheap and not acquiring any actual weapons. The defense is already at an elite level (which I credit to Rex), but Geno cannot develop without any offensive options. Outside of Ivory the run game has been nonexistent, and our #1 receiver is an injured Decker, and then a #3-wideout-at-best Kerley. Absolutely nothing there. We can only hope Jace Amaro develops into a reliable catcher.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Knicksed
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#16 » by Knicksed » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:26 pm

No!

Idzik should be, and Rex should be given one more, life and death, season. Spend money for him, commit to winning now, and if Rex can't win, can him. But not now. But he will be.
isiah_thomas
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#17 » by isiah_thomas » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:58 pm

can't win when the GM doesn't spend any money and has trash players all over the field. The coach just coaches the team, Idzik needs to spend money and give Rex something to work with. I vote NO because I don't believe Rex is getting a fair shake.

On the other hand I can see everybody getting fired and just starting off fresh because this team truly might need to go in that direction
isiah_thomas
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#18 » by isiah_thomas » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:03 pm

vallen wrote:he was set up fail, and has slowly been losing talent yeary. rather then building on the earlier success, when he was winning, they took stuff away. didnt replace it. hes a good coach, but didnt have a fair chance that other owners would have better provided him with.

24 mill in cap space we couldnt get 1 DB ? With the pressure the front line puts out, this is the one thing that makes it work. 1 T.O/1 Stop, could have us winning any of those games, and actually have a winning record.

this orginization starts sucking from the Top. I blame ownership more then anything, then start moving down.

and those 12 draft picks sure were winners....what a sucky franchise, makes me sick....

Good post, it starts from the Top
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by moocow007 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:09 pm

And Idzik adds yet another "bad apple" to the team while lauding this dysfunctional 1-6 teams locker room as "a very healthy environment."
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,600

Post#20 » by j4remi » Wed Nov 5, 2014 10:27 pm

Maybe we can grab Jim Harbaugh when San Fran ships him. Seems like we need a shift top to bottom and whether it's Rex's fault or not he's gonna have to go.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo

Return to New York Jets